Afry

Honda confirms 2016 Crf1000l Africa Twin for US

I feel like this is gonna sell pretty good especially with beginners with that dual clutch tranny. Too bad they didn't do this 5 years ago they might have taken over the big adventure bike market, little late there honda!

Great catch Vacman! Happy to see more of this bike, being an SE lover I'm glad to see another potential big bike that will go off road at speed. Already it looks like a contender for best twin DS bike - until the KTM 600-800 twins come out in 2017 that is :)

The million dollar question is what will it weigh?

Looks rather unstable. Highly produced " Crap " disussion, feels light my ass. D

Here's more info. Maybe.

From Enduro21.com

Either clever marketing or an accidental #### up has seen Honda’s eagerly anticipated Africa Twin CRF1000L released to the internet ahead of schedule.

Accidentally posted on the Honda Portugal website, a photo of the bike along with spec were issued and then quickly retracted. Oops!

Thanks to the eagle eyed readers of the Africa Twin Forum here’s details of what to expect later this year…

Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L Spec

Power: 70 kW (93 horsepower)

Torque: 98 Nm (72 ft-lbs)

Dry Weight: 208 kg STD (458 lbs) 212 kg ABS (467 lbs) 222 kg DCT (489 lbs)

Wet Weight: 228 kg STD (502 lbs) 232 kg ABS (511 lbs) 242 kg DCT (533 lbs)

Fuel Capacity: 18.8 L (5 gal)

Length x Width x Height: 2335 x 875 x 1475 mm (92.7 x 34.4 x 58 in) STD, 2355 x 930 x 1475 mm (92.7 x 36.6 x 58 in) DCT

Wheelbase: 1,575 mm (62 inches)

Seat Height (STD/Relaxed): 870/850 mm (34.2/33.4 in)

Ground Clearance: 250 mm (9.8 in)

Front Tire Size: 90/90-R21

Rear Tire Size: 150/70 R18

- See more at: http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/component/k2/item/3048-first-look-%E2%80%93-honda%E2%80%99s-new-africa-twin-crf1000l#sthash.0g6EEtds.dpuf

Looks like lower power and weight than the BMW GS12 and lower power and comparable weight to the KTM1190A.

If that's what you wanted, you might be getting it.

Within a few lbs of a 990. Not bad for a Honda!

502 is a porker, I'll ride my 430 lb SE wishing it was lighter until the Ktm 600-800 cc v-twins come out in 2 years

The 950se definitely feels like it weighs 320 lbs maybe lighter until you go under 5mph then the big girl gets heavy but above 20mph feels like my old drz with 105hp rocket around the corners.

Interesting. If you want DCT, hope you like silver! Also, no white/gold throwback scheme either. Could just be a Canada thing though, eh.

Ok...so NOT 100HP/400 pounds....93 horsepower (maybe) and 500 pounds. It should still scoot along pretty well; I think my Strom was 90/500, and I never complained..lets see how it performs in the dirt...I expect more like a Strom than a 990

Great catch Vacman! Happy to see more of this bike, being an SE lover I'm glad to see another potential big bike that will go off road at speed. Already it looks like a contender for best twin DS bike - until the KTM 600-800 twins come out in 2017 that is :)

Afry if you call that video Off Road then we need to get you off that flat gravel circle roller rink thing you do and get you back on some Real off road baja fun!!

Now this is a Honda that looks promising - electric start CRF450R!

AU1339701.jpg

Honda's prototype 2017 CRF450 looks set to be winging its way to Europe as HRC's Makato Ogata has been chosen to represent Team Japan in the Motocross of Nations at Ernee in France on September 27. The bike, which features a new chassis, bodywork, engine and electric start, is currently being tested by Akira Narita in the Japanese championship while Ogata is still using the current factory version, allowing the team to compare the two models.

But it's thought Ogata will soon get to swing a leg over the new bike as it nears final tweaks for production, and it'll be a chance for Honda to show off the bike in Europe.

It won't be the only factory Honda on its way to France as Toshiki Tomita will ride a works Honda CRF250 in the MX2 class. The third member of the team is Suzuki's Yohei Kojima who will be in the MX Open class.

Honda's official rider coach in Japan is former world champion Ben Townley who will also race the Nations for team New Zealand, alongside Cody Cooper and Kayne Lamont.

Townley, who officially quit pro racing two years, still contests some races in Australian and New Zealand, last represented his country in 2010 at Thunder Valley in the USA and won a moto. It's not known if he'll get a full factory Honda to race, but it's unlikely to be one of the all-new bikes.

Afry if you call that video Off Road then we need to get you off that flat gravel circle roller rink thing you do and get you back on some Real off road baja fun!!

I had no illusions the new big red would be an SE beater is why I used "potential" to describe it.

And baja is always in my heart! Couple weeks ago - between flat track races :)

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/baja-adventure-riders.926440/page-25#post-27194992

Looked like a fun baja trip Afry, we'll have to catch up soon, only saw you once at the noob rally and you missed warped!

I've been watching this bike for awhile now, seems like a F800 GS competitor more or less. I'm interested in it for sure, seems like a fun two up adventure tourer, but not good for much more than fire roads. Headed too and from warped last year, loaded down with camping gear, two up, plus riding off pavement two up, I could of used the extra power the new AT would of had. Would of been perfect for the trip with it's long freeway miles.

If one of these http://www.ccm-motorcycles.com/gp450.asp#.VbaMl7NVhBc hits our shores, I'm in for sure. In the meantime, after three years straight of Vstrom only, I picked up a KTM 625 sxc that was basically made into a 640 adv by the previous owner. Should feel fun off road, weighs 200 lbs less than the strom, LOL.

That CCM looks cool as heck but still a single and I gotta have a twin for the long slab runs. Luckily I have the SE until the KTM 800 twin comes out in a few years. The SE should have 50k plus on it by then and just MAYBE I'll look for a replacement.

That ccm looks pretty cool definitely a small adventure bike but on like 150+ mile days at decent speed that single will get buzzy and taxed. Im interested in that ktm 800 twin your talking about afry i havent heard anything will do some research. Love my new 950se though but 30-50lbs lighter would be insane unstoppable

Thanks wow surprised not much other news on this in about 9 months