Hello SDAR members. My name is Jim and I live in Spring Valley. I Just bought a 2004 plated KTM 525 exc. I'm Very excited about getting out and exploring San Diego and beyond perhaps. I haven't ridden in years, so I'll need some time to get used to my bitchen bike. I still have my 1982 XL 500 R that I would like to get back on the road. Thanks for letting me into your sanctuary. Hope to ride with some of you soon? Ride on.

Jim Wierrider

Welcome Jim. I'm just over in Rancho so if you ever want to get your dirt legs oriented, I'd be up for a back roads ride to the dirt.

I tried to find some dirt Saturday off Proctor Valley road, but its all closed up. I ended getting caught in some soupy rain up Honey Springs and Skyline truck trail.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/32.7813676,-116.8523059/32.7729492,-116.8474245/@32.77926,-116.8580288,15z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0

Sloane Canyon Rd off of Dehesa Rd is a very mild 6 mile out & back. Watch the signs if you get tempted to go play on the roadside toward the beginnning.....haven't checked in a bit but it's Sycuan property and they patrol there. I just obey their signage and have never had a problem.

Sloane canyon Rd and pancake rock would be a good intro ride

Welcome to the club Jim

Pancake Rock borders my property line in Jamul. It's a bit washed out and "might" not be advisable for dirt leg orientation aka: DLO

If you would like a brief exploration of the area, I would be more then happy to help out.

Otay mountain is a sdar favorite when it comes to casual and scenic dirt exploration.

- congrats on the new 525

Welcome to the club...sloane, otay, bear valley, border trails; all good places to get your dirt legs back

Welcome to the board. Keep it on two wheels.