The rules in Mexico on insurance have changed. Now you can be asked to show proof of insurance at any time (border, checkpoints ect...) Before

you just needed insurance if you are involved in an accident. I never used to buy any insurance when on a motorcycle but with the change I don't what to find out what would happen if I was asked for it and didn't have it. I purchased Mexico insurance for my bike for the 4 days I'm going down thru Auto Club. They partner with a Mexican

Insurance company so it's a Mexican policy. Your US insurance is no good in Mexico. The cost for the 4 days was $30.00 which is worth it not to get hasseled if you don't have it and are asked.

Covered in Insurance

I had a deal where it was $80 for a year. It might've went up but it's still a deal if you travel to Mexico quite a bit (for me it was more than 4 times annually).

BajaBound is what I sometimes use. Good folks.

ABA Seguros (http://www.drivemex.com) was the least expensive policy I could find.

But I don't always buy insurance. I'm a bad, bad tourist...

I seem to end up in Baja 10 or so times a year but never have insurance for my bike. I am thinking of getting an annual policy but can't find a quote that includes theft and physical damage. So far I have only found liability which is a minimum - I might lose my bike but shouldn't end up in jail for not having insurance after an accident. This policy for my 950SE is $171 for the year but sure would like to see a quote for full coverage.

Doesn't help that NADA says my bike is worth $2973-3916 and KBB says $5100-7300 lol

MexPro offered full coverage on my 525 for about $7.00 more for the 4 days. I would have gotten it but didn't see the price difference

until after I was done signing up. I pay $90.00 a year from Geico on my US policy for liability only on the 525. I think I might get a 12 month mexican policy next time.

Chris

Mexadventure.com

I have 5 bikes insured with them ...$150 each for the 350s and 500.

I think the 990 and my 1190 are $175 each .

All bikes just have liability $50,000 and 150,000 death

May look at full coverage after my last adventure.

I've noticed most policies I've had do not cover you off paved roads, but I've always purchased it anyway. I can tell you first hand you do not want to be in mexico for one minute without insurance, it can turn a small incident into giant ordeal. Another tip - look into the automatic travelling insurance on your credit cards, some of them are really good and will cover expenses related to injury or mishaps that occur while out of the country.