Sign in to follow this  
beniflas

Looking to ride Jamul area this weekend

I'll be at Pio Pico this weekend and looking to do some riding/exploring. Intermediate rider and have free time Friday or Saturday morning.

Welcomed to tag along or take the tour-guide/leader role.

hey this sounds like fun.

hopefully i have friday off .

i know a few back trails around there .

ive got an old 350 that has a plate on it .

what time friday are you thinking ?

I might be game friday as well if I figure whats wrong with my rear brake. will confirm

Edit: im out

I'm game to tag along for Friday morning

hey this sounds like fun.

hopefully i have friday off .

i know a few back trails around there .

ive got an old 350 that has a plate on it .

what time friday are you thinking ?

I'm thinking about 8:00 or 8:30. I've ridden up there before, but just along the fire road that starts at the store and up to some cell towers. I was up there last year in July and noticed that alot of "side" roads were blocked off. I know some of that is a wildlife preserve, i'm willing to go wherever there's open routes.

Maybe. Depends what time I get back to the house sat morning.Might ride from otay valley and meet you at the towers.Dog house at 9 or so.

8-830 sounds great .fri morning i can meet out front of the Pio Pico campground .

Darren.

I might be game friday as well if I figure whats wrong with my rear brake. will confirm

Edit: im out

Too bad, hope you work out your brake issues and you make the next ride.

Maybe. Depends what time I get back to the house sat morning.Might ride from otay valley and meet you at the towers.Dog house at 9 or so.

Sounds good. We'll be looking out for you, what are you riding?

8-830 sounds great .fri morning i can meet out front of the Pio Pico campground .

Darren.

Ok, I'll be hanging out at the store.

beniflas, i may not be committed to any sat morning work so I could meet at any time most likely. Are you looking to ride on friday and sat? I am looking to ride sat morning

I'll see ya tomorrow morning at pio pico does anyone know if we can park a truck there and unload otherwise I'll park at hollenbeck trail head and ride over. I'll be on husky 350.

Brian

Gonna be a little later for me guys...closer to 915. We're staying at pio pico but we're on the north side and on waiting list to crossover. I have to check at 0900 for any open spaces.

i don't think truck parking at store is problem, I've seen guys unload mt bikes and leave trucks there before

Rick, probably just friday ride for me...unless this relocating to a different space thing takes up my morning. Saturday got some family time commitments.

I waited till 830 , beautiful a day to wait any longer.

Maybe meet at the old abandoned house by marron valley rd.

I showed up at 850. 350thunper i think you missed the post where the guy changed time to 9am last night. Ended up doing a solo ride also didnt have service to see ur post to meet at abandon house. Good ride for me Did 35 miles.

post-15045-0-23449800-1428089081_thumb.j

I saw the post but figured I might see ya . I went down to the factory then back thru otay past dog house junction. I thought I saw you way in the distance after 9 and was flying down to pass you as I rolled the throttle on a bit...but ended up sliding out real good. . Would of been cool on video... laid it down doing 50 totally slideways. Dug my bars and my pegs in to stopp from landing in a ditch.pretty awesome slide actually... I watched in slo mo how the gravel rips flesh into shreds my knee is gonna be a little sore .

Had fun though did 100 miles. Went down the steep slope to the abandonded house. Almost highsided it going down that white rocky stuff. That was actually really fun..adrenaline rush going down that landslide toward the abandon house.

Went down the steep slope to the abandonded house.

madman

Went down the steep slope to the abandonded house.

madman

I think this is the same steep slope I almost went down by accident. I could see Kato in the distance yelling and waiving his hands. Guess I should have followed him down the switchbacks. Luckily I didn't go too far down before realizing my mistake. Thankfully kato helped my get the bike back to the top and we had a good laugh.

I think this is the same steep slope I almost went down by accident.

thats the one.. i wanna hear about/see Christoph climb up it now

Was a fun ride that day man. Also the faces on the dudes at the shooting range ah!

The hill to abandoned house is pretty intense only been down once by accident took switchbacks out. I'm going to ride otay again tomorrow starting at South bay moto at 7am with cvrick.

I think I can ride up on my 610.

Im waiting for an audience to try it.

Kato is funny how he stops you first before you go down something.

It makes him a good leader out there the way he cares and looks out for everyone.

I saw the post but figured I might see ya . I went down to the factory then back thru otay past dog house junction. I thought I saw you way in the distance after 9 and was flying down to pass you as I rolled the throttle on a bit...but ended up sliding out real good. . Would of been cool on video... laid it down doing 50 totally slideways. Dug my bars and my pegs in to stopp from landing in a ditch.pretty awesome slide actually... I watched in slo mo how the gravel rips flesh into shreds my knee is gonna be a little sore .

Had fun though did 100 miles. Went down the steep slope to the abandonded house. Almost highsided it going down that white rocky stuff. That was actually really fun..adrenaline rush going down that landslide toward the abandon house.

Wish I was there to see that decent.That is A slippery looking hill.

Where is this abandoned house you speak of? Google map?