Bruce

Tecate / Coyote Cals / Mikes Sky Ranch Loop, April 10-12

Best 3 day loop in Northern Baja (my opinion). We will be meeting in Tecate at 8:30am on Friday, 4/10. Mellow intermediate ride....race types will probably be bored. But, we will keep the pace steady to avoid any riding at night.

Route will likely be Tecate to Coyote Cals, Coyote Cals to Mikes, then Mikes to Tecate via Laguna Hansen. We will be back in Tecate by 5pm on Sunday.

Max distance between gas stops will be 85 miles. If range is an issue, let me know and we'll figure something out. It will be 95% dirt. Suitable for big adventure bikes with a decent rider. Knobbies are a must.

Don't worry about getting lost, separated, or not riding fast enough. We will have some riders with a lot of Baja experience. One of them will always be leading the group, and one will always be riding last. Just stay in between them and you will be fine. If you have any problem, we'll stop and help you out. There is a lot of scenery along the way, so be sure to enjoy it.

I'll post all the specifics as we get closer to the ride.

post-458-0-17870100-1426532207_thumb.jpg

That is a great 3-day loop. Sorry I can't roll along with you guys.

YEA!!! 100% IN. This will be a GREAT ride with Baja-Bruce at the helm!

I'll buy the first round.

But but....what about the cartels. I dont want to get shot rapped or tied up with nipple clamps. JK

Sounds like a great trip. anyone who hasn't done that loop should do it. Especially with poeple from SDAR you will be in good hands. Im a definite maybe

The cartels quit using nipple clamps years ago when the rich white North American hostages kept stealing them, you have to bring your own now.

But but....what about the cartels. I dont want to get shot rapped or tied up with nipple clamps. JK

Sounds like a great trip. anyone who hasn't done that loop should do it. Especially with poeple from SDAR you will be in good hands. Im a definite maybe

Just for that silly comment, I'm gonna make sure you get rapped the next time we meet...

I assure you, you won't like the definition of "rapped."

The cartels quit using nipple clamps years ago when the rich white North American hostages kept stealing them, you have to bring your own now.

What's that contraption Bowers found this morning?

Cant rape the willing. But definitely good to know and do you take walkins or is this by appointment only.

Lurking... I have my own nipple clamps. FYI... that's coming out of spring break.

Also lurking. This is turning into the Great Mexican Nipple Clamp Ride of 2015..ha ha.

2015 - First annual BYONC Ride :)

I'm new to the board and just did a ride from SF to Mikes and would like to go again and experience some of the trails I heard about while at Mikes. It may be me and a +1. Are there any single track sections on this ride?

And whats the meet up spot? Tecate, CA?

Green.....glad you could join! Meet spot is the gas station on the East side of the road in Tecate, just before the border crossing. It's the only gas station in Tecate, hard to miss. There are numerous places to park in the immediate area. We'll be on dirt almost all the time. It will generally be narrow double track, with some more established wider dirt roads. No single track that I recall. But......on a 650, everything seems sort of narrow to me.

Here are the logistics. I'll post them again next Friday.

We will meet at the filling station on the US side of the Tecate boarder at 8:30 next Friday morning, 4/10, ready to ride. The filling station is on the east side of the road, 200 yards from the boarder. There is only one, so you can't miss it.

There is a secure parking area immediately behind the filling station, and a couple places across the street. Take your pick. I'll be at the one behind the filling station. Old fat guy on an XR650.....I'm hard to miss.

Don't worry about the process for crossing the boarder, traffic rules, route info, ride rules, etc. We'll cover all that at the meet-up point before we leave. Don't forget your passport!

Longest run between gas stops will be 85 miles. If range is an issue, let me know and we'll figure something out.

For the guys new to Baja: Coyote Cals is $25 and includes breakfast. If you want dinner on Friday night, it is $10-$15 extra. Your option, but I recommend it. Mikes Sky Ranch is $70 and includes dinner and breakfast. Bring some extra cash for lunch and gas. Note: both Cals and Mikes have very cool bars, so don't risk running short of beer money. Everyone takes dollars, so you won't need Pesos.

There is a lot of scenery along the way, so be sure to enjoy it. Don't worry about getting lost, separated, or not riding fast enough. We have some riders with a lot of Baja experience. One of them will always be leading the group, and one will always be riding last. Just stay in between them and you will be fine. If you have any problem, we'll stop and help you out.

On Sunday morning, we will leave Mike's around 8:30am and head to Laguna Hansen for gas and lunch. We should be back in Tecate by 5pm easily.

Ok, you can now start back up with the nipple clamp jokes.

He said nipple....all kidding aside I am still in at 95% but need to find time for a little bike maintenance.

I'm 90% in for the ride! Gotta do some maintenance, work schedule shouldn't interfere, it's all comin together nicely. It'll be my first Baja ride, I'm really psyched. ?

Planning on making this trip, first time riding Baja. Can you experienced Baja guys can let me know if I need/forgot anything here. I ride a Husky TE449.

The bike holds 2.5 gallons and I can carry an extra 3/4 gallon in my MSR bottles.

Tools, spare tubes, patches.

Hydration pack.

Aside from riding gear, clothes, passport, what am I forgetting?

Moto stickers for the kids.