Had some time yesterday afternoon, so went for something close. Temps were great, nice breeze as well. As I was preparing to leave the circle, some douche trophy truck wannabe came roaring down the Pine Valley Road, and through the entrance at about 40mph. Glad I hadn't been coming the other way.

I haven't been out this way in about 8 years, and last time was on a bike that grenaded on my about six miles down the trail, so I'm not really familiar with the area. Super dry, but up to the crossroads wasn't bad. From there I made a right, as I had seen you could connect to Corral Canyon that way. Not a bad trail, a little rocky. I then got on Kernan Cycle Trail, which initially seemed alright, but quickly turned into mile and mile of just rocks, rocks, and more rocks. F that trail, did not enjoy. By the time I got to Morena Stokes Road, I was sore, a little banged up, so decided just to hit my goal of Four Corners and bail via the street.

Rode there yesterday as well!

Started at 9;00 am out of PV and rode over to CC and Four Corners then back up on some nice single trail. Very dusty indeed and busy.

(Pasta Pilot, Seth, Blake and myself)

There are some rocks on that trail for sure...the trick is to go fast enough so you don't see them. it is the rockiest trail in the whole area...what were you riding?

We rode out of PV as well. We left the cul-de-sac just after 9 and rode to CC, did trails 1,4,6 and back. Very crowded and dusty. I noticed someone lost a KTM blinker at the bottom of Kernan, was that you?

Rode there yesterday as well!

Started at 9;00 am out of PV and rode over to CC and Four Corners then back up on some nice single trail. Very dusty indeed and busy.

(Pasta Pilot, Seth, Blake and myself)

What trails did you use to get back to PV?

We rode Kernan both ways about 3 weeks ago. I think the rocks are multiplying. I was exhausted to start, and by the time we met the rest of our group at the campground, my quads were done. So I did another 30 miles in the canyon, then back up Kernan - some of my ugliest riding ever. Encountered a couple sets of quads towing each other on Bear Valley. They didn't seem to care much about keeping to the right. I never ride on weekends.

We rode out of PV as well. We left the cul-de-sac just after 9 and rode to CC, did trails 1,4,6 and back. Very crowded and dusty. I noticed someone lost a KTM blinker at the bottom of Kernan, was that you?

I thought that was you riding back down the rode to the cul-de-sac around noon. You pasted Pasta and I limping back. Him with a flat rear, me with a slipping clutch.

I thought that was you riding back down the rode to the cul-de-sac around noon. You pasted Pasta and I limping back. Him with a flat rear, me with a slipping clutch.

I thought Pasta was a mousse man?

Christoph, Thank you for not disclosing trail information in public forum. I appreciate it.

Brad you meanie.....no flaming or trolling hahahahaa

Christoph, Thank you for not disclosing trail information in public forum. I appreciate it.

thanks REV5.

No need to, I thought.

thats the nice thing about pine valley/ corral canyon.. theres always an ample supply of KTM parts strewn around every where. :upsidedown:

i love that kernan cycle trail ..i agree with BS,about the rocks, RIDE FAST ENOUGH to where you dont see them .

im normally running on fumes back up kernan and i cant get cell phone reception on it so its kind of intimidating .

a trophy truck is the last thing id want to see out there ... :grrr:

i do love chasing them in the wide open desert though..