EddieEarl

Best Big Tank for '13 KTM 500EXC?

Bull- you only left it white because it was unworldly expensive to make all black... what's your favorite Spinal Tap album?

Oh, yeah???

Well. yeah, ok. True enough.

"Break Like the Wind" is probably my favorite. I listen to it above 11.

Wrong answer..."smell the glove"...the cover is black...its like SO black, you have to ask....how much more black could it be...and the answer is "none.....none more black"

Check out the Zipty quick disconnect. Doesn't require and cheesy FI clamps, just plugs inline using the stock disconnects.

erik, thanks for sending over the used tank - I saw it and it looked really nice, but i really wanted more than a 3.2

i decided to go with the 4.1 ... in black ... just couldn't stomach the yellow/natural look

I found a new on ebay for $198

41UtI4kUshL._AA160_.jpg

also picked up some Wolfman E-12s ... will look something like this when i'm done

51LdBukVDcL.jpg

erik, thanks for sending over the used tank - I saw it and it looked really nice, but i really wanted more than a 3.2

i decided to go with the 4.1 ... in black ... just couldn't stomach the yellow/natural look

I found a new on ebay for $198

41UtI4kUshL._AA160_.jpg

also picked up some Wolfman E-12s ... will look something like this when i'm done

51LdBukVDcL.jpg

Good choice for "shorter" rides...I use 'em all the time...You'll need Giant Loop Shizzzz for longer rides though...

Yeah - i went back and forth on that one for a long, long time.

I think I'll pick up a 12L rolie bag to go across the rear fender, and maybe even a tank bag (really prefer NOT to ride with a tank bag).

With the e-12s (22L) and the rear rolie (12L) i'll have 34L of space, and of course i'll be wearing a pack as well

I''ve decided to be as much of a 'minimalist' as possible ... we'll see how it works out

sorry, i meant to quote "Good choice for "shorter" rides...I use 'em all the time...You'll need Giant Loop Shizzzz for longer rides though..."

i'm thinking my ride will look a little bit like this

post-15780-0-54431500-1425713334.jpg

Hope you didn't get the E-12s from the same EBay vendor I ordered from. I still don't have them, it's been weeks.

Well, that would suck, huh? My 'receive date' is pretty open-ended, too. It's March 7th-19th. Uh oh.

The seller isstldeals-usa

Was that yours, too?

I ordered on the 5th and they still haven't shipped yet. Not super worried ... yet.

Yeah, that's them. By the end of my expected delivery date, they still hadn't shipped, and are also kind of open ended on returning emails. I'll give it a little more time, then take it up with EBay/PP. Just goes to show that sometimes saving a few bucks really isn't worth the hassle.

After i read your post last night i got a little concerned we actually had the same vendor. Just to be safe I sent them a message via eBay. I sent them this:

Hey I'm getting feedback from other people who have ordered from you they still have NOT got their order after WEEKS of waiting. I can't wait WEEKS. I ordered these on March 5th. It's now 4 days later and they haven't even shipped. NOT GOOD. Amazon ships SAME DAY. Please ship this order MONDAY MARCH 9th, or cancel it. If I do not hear back from you immediately I will absolutely leave negative feedback.
- Troy

They responded back this morning with:

Hello

I apologize for the delay, your estimated delivery time for your order is Estimated delivery Monday, Mar 9, 2015 - Tuesday, Mar 17, 2015 so you order is not considered a late delivery because it has until 3-17 to get to you. We had to reorder some more bags from our supplier due to the high demand so that is what caused the delay, since I do not want you to be upset I will see if the supplier can directly ship the item to your location today so you will get it faster. I will be providing tracking for you when I hear back from them today. I apologize for this as it was not intentional, I can give you a 5% refund to make up for the delay. Please let me know when if this will work.

We'll see ...

Bags & Jimi - cancelled order with eBay vendor. Heading over to pick up E-12s from Ben @ JustGasTanks / The Enduro shop.

Also going to pick up the GL heat shield as well.

Thanks for the referral.

Bags & Jimi - cancelled order with eBay vendor. Heading over to pick up E-12s from Ben @ JustGasTanks / The Enduro shop.

Also going to pick up the GL heat shield as well.

Thanks for the referral.

Lucky. I work in South San Diego, and have zero chance of ever making it up there to that shop. Wish it was open on a Saturday. I got the GL shield as well. Not worth $30 or whatever IMHO. I should have just made one myself.

Did you get the tank yet?

Yep - got the 4.1 tank. Putting it, and the E-12s, and a GL heat shield on this weekend. Last piece of the puzzle is the 12.5L Wolfman Rear Rolie. Not sure when that's coming.