TdubLady

Senor Botches' Motley Crew

I'm getting this party started since I bailed early. This was my first time on dirt since my crash and fully geared. Successful ride up Viejas Grade and lovely cruise to Pine Valley was enough for me. I'll ride that grade again to up my comfort level and be back for another round soon.

It was SUPER nice meeting everyone and seeing/hearing all the different bikes!! Good for the heart AWESOME for the soul!!

The Crew:

post-15619-0-35005700-1424031306_thumb.j

post-15619-0-05229500-1424031315_thumb.j

Botches left before dirt......Miriam left before Pine Creek....then I lost a footpeg somewhere on the dirt...took a long hike, and found it...but my day was done...used the buddy pegs to slab it home

post-122-0-26482500-1424033516_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-19462900-1424033558_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-22460400-1424033590_thumb.jpg

Short but fun to meet some new people. Thanks to bob for showing the way and letting the people on small bikes get out front to lead. Happy that u found ur foot peg. I wounder if kiwi found his licience plate? See u guys and girls soon.

Yeah- I'm a firm believer in "everybody gets to ride their pace" (when possible)...the different bikes have the purposes, and I figured the dirtbikes would want to get their jollies a little bit. speaking personally for my dirt foray with no peg....no rear brake to speak of, and know real way to stand; it was quite the experience....not in a good way, either

Great ride on a beautiful day to include reconnecting with friends from previous rides and meeting some new riding buddies. Even though we all peeled off like the skin of a banana to find routes that put the icing on the cake for our individual needs, the group ride was an excellent foundation to build upon to establish a great feeling of camaraderie. The diversity of the sizes and shapes (Bikes, not riders... hmmm ???- haha) - AND the wide range of "CCs" of the group didn't seem to matter much, as we were all on two wheels on a beautiful day in the mountains! cheers. John

LINE EM UP :)

post-15577-0-20363500-1424035679_thumb.j

Ready - Set - GO

post-15577-0-96922500-1424035707_thumb.j

All 13 in a row to GO

post-15577-0-16229000-1424035747_thumb.j

At the break, some "like Minded" bikes gathered

post-15577-0-66253800-1424035764_thumb.j

We Voted and gave awards to "Most Casual" and "Best dressed"!

post-15577-0-53013500-1424035786_thumb.j

Every now and then, a mini bike tried to hang with the Big Bikes-

post-15577-0-13750100-1424035827_thumb.j

It was a zip zam zoom day as we grouped and regrouped.

post-15577-0-04256200-1424035850_thumb.j

Thanks to all.

Botches left before dirt......Miriam left before Pine Creek....then I lost a footpeg somewhere on the dirt...took a long hike, and found it...but my day was done...used the buddy pegs to slab it home

Dude, didn't you loose a bolt in your foot peg the last time we rode Corral??? Loc-tite? :-)

It's called "kawasaki butter-bolt" syndrome, thank you very much. I'm going to tap out the holes, and get bigger bolts...the pegs felt floppy @ the oak tree, so I tightened one, and the other was already stripped...I was sweeping, and as I put my foot on my peg, I looked down and it was flopping around on one bolt...I tightened that bolt, and used the buddy peg to hold my foot...then, looked down and the whole thing was gone...so; I went for a hike...maybe 1/2 mile each way...holy heat wave

It's called "kawasaki butter-bolt" syndrome, thank you very much. I'm going to tap out the holes, and get bigger bolts.

brings back memories, lost my klr peg in soupastition that was a beeatch too. Bigger bolt doesnt fly, i found timeserts to be definite fix for this tacwelded butter bolt issue on the peg mount.basically the timesert lip sits tight in the frame while the timesert body reinforces the butter bolt, makes more sense when u see it

Two days ago I check the air in the tires and pumped up the front tire to 13lbs. This morning I rode from Tierrasanta to meet he heard of cats at Carl's Jr. in Alpine. Did 75 mph on I-8. Got to Carl's Jr, and the front tire was totally flat. Thought I picked up a nail. Bob to the rescue. He pump pump pumped me up and the tire held air the entire day! No nail, no leak.

All I can figure is... the valve stem must of stuck open two days ago and I never noticed. Good to know I can do 75mph highway on a totally flat Pirelli Scorpion Rally front tire.

Thanks Bob for hot air!!! Nice ride all around!

It's called "kawasaki butter-bolt" syndrome, thank you very much. I'm going to tap out the holes, and get bigger bolts...the pegs felt floppy @ the oak tree, so I tightened one, and the other was already stripped...I was sweeping, and as I put my foot on my peg, I looked down and it was flopping around on one bolt...I tightened that bolt, and used the buddy peg to hold my foot...then, looked down and the whole thing was gone...so; I went for a hike...maybe 1/2 mile each way...holy heat wave

Yup, lost mine the same way. Tapping it and adding larger bolts does the trick.

KLR: Keep LocTite Ready.

You could just blame the last guy to work on your bike.

As said many times here - Great ride with a bit for everyone. Thanks Bob for providing some leadership to the group and great meeting new faces.

Botches - If you want to go out and work on some basic skills (street and dirt) just let me know. Be happy to help any way I can.

Greta meeting everyone! Thanks Bob, for leading the way. This was my first ride with a the group here in San Diego since moving down from Ventura County and it couldn't have been better...well, Bob's peg could've stayed on :) Definitely looking to get the 950 out again soon! Chris

post-15578-0-96814000-1424290354_thumb.j

Great ride, great people, exactly why I joined SDAR. Yup, I found my plate on the return ride home and I can't wait for the next run,good times :) thanks Bob for being such a cool guide and working with all the different bikes / riders. Perfect way to get rid of a hangover too.

See you guys / gals on the next ride. Marty the kiwi.