Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Honda dual sport for next year

maybe i haven't been paying attention... I know Honda added a CRF230L to their line-up, to fill that huge GAP in the dual sport market... :)

at Motoworld last night, I heard the 650L is gone, as a result... :)

True? :(

How hard would it be for Honda to make the 450X pass emissions? How hard would it be for them to produce a bike to spank orange?

Honda has no passion for the dual sport market, and i really believe that is where the future lies...

Anybody have different ideas? B)

I saw the new Honda 700 4-stroke Quad with indepedent suspension on the rear axle at the International Motorcycle Show. Maybe, a 700 Dual Sport bike is on the way???

I wish Honda would put a plate (and maybe e-start?) on the XR650R.

None of the big four seem to "get" the dual-sport market. Yamaha is making a decent attempt with the WR250R but it's not quite up to the European offerings.

None of the big four seem to "get" the dual-sport market. Yamaha is making a decent attempt with the WR250R but it's not quite up to the European offerings.

A XR650R and a CR450X would be just fine, thanks... oh yeah... and the CR230L.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

A XR650R and a CR450X would be just fine, thanks... oh yeah... and the CR230L.

I would pick the 650L over these two bikes for dualsport rides. To race I would ride the 650R or the 450X. My .02

Why plate a race bike?

Craig.

Why plate a race bike?

Craig.

I'm pretty sure those wacky Austrians have figured out why - it produces $$$$! :)

How hard would it be for Honda to make the 450X pass emissions? How hard would it be for them to produce a bike to spank orange?

I'm also pretty sure that this is called "Phishing" (or something like that) and it's against the forum rules (I'm suprised Craig missed it :) ), but I'm always one to join (or start) the fray :( .

IT WOULD BE REALLY HARD!!! B)

the future of dirt biking in ca is plated bikes and KTM has already figered that out,the exc is a true race bike with lights and a plate. get used to it

IT WOULD BE REALLY HARD!!! :)

Right back at ya--TOOL KIT INCLUDED!

There's still a 650L for 2008. It comes with Bold New Graphics and a white headlight shroud. Typical Honda updates to a 30 year old bike.

XR650L.jpg

It'd be nice to have something in the middle market. An XR450L or even the 650R plated. I'm still waiting to see what they're going to do. Meanwhile back on the current dualsport market that damned TE-610 looks very tempting...

Meanwhile back on the current dualsport market that damned TE-610 looks very tempting...

Do ya want to try one and find out? :)B)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

the future of dirt biking in ca is plated bikes and KTM has already figered that out,the exc is a true race bike with lights and a plate. get used to it

[/quotte) B):)

Why plate a race bike?

I will take the PLATED cr500 since who needs that right!

get used to it

why keep the 600?

IT WOULD BE REALLY HARD!!! :)

Not hard at all really. The are keeping up with a 15+ year old design. If they took that design added FI like they will have to. Hopped up the engine for a little more performance. Add all the new digital crap. Upgrade the suspension design. BIngo! They would be blowing you away instead of competing.

Come on now. They invented dual sporting. They have dominated forever. They have ridden the cash cow as long as they could. Why change the design until they had to.

You fair weather friends will be back after your " Latest and Greatest" have left you "High and Dry!" Now go make some money so you can afford your mechanic's bill.

Meanwhile back on the current dualsport market that damned TE-610 looks very tempting...

Do ya want to try one and find out? B):)

I 'd like to give it a spin Roger. :)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I plated the CR500 long before KTM`s got plated.

the exc is a true race bike .

That race bike is going to require race bike maintenance. It may run strong now, but give it some time. When your top end needs replacing my older than dirt 650 engine will just barely be broken in.

Yes

The TE's are a great dualsport line. When I'm ready to buy new I'll be at the Husky dealership. I already have a street legal 230 so I'm ahead of big Honda.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Why plate a race bike?

Craig.

I'm pretty sure those wacky Austrians have figured out why - it produces $$

I cant stop :):) The so called non competative SDAR riders all need race bikes. B):(:(

Guest Hammerin Hammon

the exc is a true race bike .

That race bike is going to require race bike maintenance. It may run strong now, but give it some time. When your top end needs replacing my older than dirt 650 engine will just barely be broken in.

[

I just got mine broken in?????? 10,000 miles, no valve ajust. Just add gas and go.

My 93 650l bike I just purchased had 46,000 miles on it. 46,000! Minor engine work is all it needs. Amazing durability.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

My 93 650l bike I just purchased had 46,000 miles on it. 46,000! Minor engine work is all it needs. Amazing durability.

I have a friend with 60,000 hard miles on it and it still rocks.

I cant stop :D:D The so called non competative SDAR riders all need race bikes. :lol::lol::D

It's not what people need, nobody really needs a dual-sport bike.

It's what people want. Until the Japanese figure that out they will be catching up.

Ride what you want, ride what you can afford, ride what you are comfortable on above all for confidence.

I think I can afford a honda, my wife and kids all have one, the CRF and KTM have same maintanence issues,my 15 yr old loves his new crf 450.

I cant stop :D:D The so called non competative SDAR riders all need race bikes. :lol::lol::D

It's not what people need, nobody really needs a dual-sport bike.

It's what people want. Until the Japanese figure that out they will be catching up.

I really need a dual sport bike :D , because I need to increase my range of rideable areas. In the old days, back in the 70s, I could ride almost all over the North County on a dirt bike, but even then I plated my DKW and my 360 Bultaco Frontera, so I could have access to even more riding fun. :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Ride what you want, ride what you can afford, ride what you are comfortable on above all for confidence.

I think I can afford a honda, my wife and kids all have one, the CRF and KTM have same maintanence issues,my 15 yr old loves his new crf 450.

You are correct about maintanance.

Honda lets you install the lights. Maybe a letter to Arnold S. would help. In states were this is still legal you see all colors of bikes.

It seems Honda is only comfortable plateing a very reliable proven bike. That is also a very good street bike. :D