I have A busy weekend with family commitments. But I am going to ride early from my house to otay valley areas.Start at 7 be home by 930.I can meet nearby or there is street parking around my house.This will be A short ride time wise but I can fit A lot of trails in. Weather forecast says no rain.Probably not big bike or noob friendly.Pm me for my address if you are interested.

I have to cancel. maybe next weekend.

Sorry christoph I am not going after all. No responses til you now. I may try next weekend.

Rick, next Sunday me and a few noobs will be down there. We are planing to go in off heritage road and stage since 2 bikes are non plated...so if your going next Sunday let me know.

These guys aren't new to riding, but haven't been riding trails in a long time. You have my number so text me if you want to meet up.

Rick, next Sunday me and a few noobs will be down there. We are planing to go in off heritage road and stage since 2 bikes are non plated...so if your going next Sunday let me know.

These guys aren't new to riding, but haven't been riding trails in a long time. You have my number so text me if you want to meet up.

yes next sunday mixed group non plated ok

Rick, or anyone who knows.

Best place to park and unload a non plated bike down by amphitheater? If not we may just meet up at Pio Pico and ride from there.

I heard south bay motorsports is where to park at. I dony know for sure though cause i dont have a truck and have to ride in.

I heard south bay motorsports is where to park at. I dony know for sure though cause i dont have a truck and have to ride in.

True, that is where I parked last time with a plated bike. You need to slab it down the road a little ways though, so looking for a parking place by the trail head.

Maybe i should have read a little better tottally missed the non plated bike part haha. Not sure bout where to park since it seems like theres a risk of ticket or getting towed if parked by the trail start. Theres no parking signs there.

Im also interested in riding down in otay this Sunday if you guys go.

True, that is where I parked last time with a plated bike. You need to slab it down the road a little ways though, so looking for a parking place by the trail head.

You can park at the east end of Energy Way near the wrecking yards and work your way around to the valley- the riding is fun there...but....I'm not convinced non-plated bikes are OK anywhere around there.

CVRick would know better than I though, and if he says so....

I finally took a quick 3 hour trip to putt around Otay this past Sunday. Had no idea Otay was so open. I did notice that there were tons of quads and non plated bikes around. I did end up near a staging area close to Olympian High School...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Olympian+High+School/@32.6089052,-116.978076,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x80d945f244c8b9a1:0xff759d09e2c0b468

Staging/entrance is on La Media RD and Santa Luna St.

Going to follow this thread, I could possibly make this ride if it is an open invite.

I finally took a quick 3 hour trip to putt around Otay this past Sunday. Had no idea Otay was so open. I did notice that there were tons of quads and non plated bikes around. I did end up near a staging area close to Olympian High School...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Olympian+High+School/@32.6089052,-116.978076,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x80d945f244c8b9a1:0xff759d09e2c0b468

Staging/entrance is on La Media RD and Santa Luna St.

Going to follow this thread, I could possibly make this ride if it is an open invite.

Thanks for the info, I may check that spot out a different time.

As of now we plan to meet at Pio Pico and ride up to the top...the people I am taking there have never been there so I thought a nice view to start with would be nice and easy road up. Then we are going to see how everyone likes it and possibly go down toward chula or the 250 monument.

Not really sure, there is 5 of us going and anyone is welcome to go with.

Time will be posted when I confirm with everyone.

Start A new informal ride thread. Start at pio pico no plates needed.just A idea. I may be able to join sunday early.

A buddy and I will be joining you, he just got his suspension redone and I just did a bunch of work so this should be a nice shakedown opportunity.

If anyone's interested in joining I think I'm gonna hit up South Bay Rod & Gun club afterwards.

If anyone's interested in joining I think I'm gonna hit up South Bay Rod & Gun club afterwards.

Now, that's the way to roll! :smile_anim: You taking shoulder-held or hand-held? :coolio:

Awesome! Recently we did talk about organizing a shoot and scoot type ride. Putt putt around the mountains and find a good spot to unload some brass. Not too sure if I will be able to join this ride, but hopefully soon we could get a few riders to do a shooting ride.

I know ricks not riding this morning but if anyone wants to meet by sea world aquatica and ride lemme know. pm me.

I am riding early tomorrow otay area.

I am not riding early.If at all

Took my buddy out there on his brand new KTM 1190 ADV, I was on my blue Strom. STill had the stock tires on it. He really hasn't rode off pavement either but did really well. Did a few hill climbs putted around, did the creek crossing then rode across the plank and took the back way around by the Juvinellie detention center to get onto OTAY TT and up to the bunkers and then down to the RV resort.

I saw a handfull of dual sports out there when we were there on Saturday.