New to San Diego but not new to riding or dual sports. Just got out here from NJ and brought my TE450 with me. This even tlooks interesting and I am available that weekend. Two points/questions...

Looking for a quick but not race pace group to ride with.

Also wondering how the weekend runs. It's two days starting and ending in the same spot. Where does Saturday end and Sunday begin? I ask because the flier had Julien and Borego Springs lodging info. All the Dual Sports Back east based out of one spot but I did the LA-Barstow-Vegas ride and it was a bit of a logistical challenge basing out three different towns.

Thanks for any info.

-Keith

Saturday and Sunday begin and end at Butterfield Ranch RV park. The lodging in Julian and Borrego Springs is posted in the flier in case someone wants to get a hotel there instead of camping.

I'm sure you will find someone willing to join you for the ride, most people on two wheels are pretty cool.

Yup, just a loop each day starting and ending at the campground. I'm confident you'll find someone, or a group, to ride with. You might want to give a little input here as to your riding ability/skill level. Someone will answer up that fits a similar profile.

As a San Diego n00b you picked a great ride to join. @ Butterfield Ranch, there are lots of folks standing around BS'ing Friday night and Saturday morning before liftoff...you might have a better shot that time; a lot of the SDAR regulars "work" the event, so may not be riding with the event. look for a group of two that look well-suited for the adventure and ask if you can tag along- if that group doesn't end up suiting you...wait; another group will be along shortly. There really is a great camaraderie at this event, so don't be afraid of having to ride alone; it's doubtful.

Finally, I waited long enough that someone else started the thread.

I'll chime in as another noob. With luck, a couple of local youngsters (relative) will be going with me but we'd probably welcome another rider. At least one of the guys will leave me in the dust.

My dirt experience has followed my roadracing years; before that it was impossible to wrap my head around the front tire sticking in dirt. A dirty corner in roadracing sucks.

About 7 years ago I took the RawHyde school ( :smile_anim: ) on my Ulysses, followed by two trips to Baja. Yes, I went offroad with the Uly which made me more determined to not do it again. Hence, the KLX400SR (DR-Z rebadged) a few years back and two more trips to Baja. Riding a bike that's 200 pounds lighter and had real knobby tires was a revelation!

I'm looking forward to this.