TrophyHunter

Desert Dash Grouping - like fava beans with a nice chianti....

There are a lot of new riders here and the Desert Dash is not far off. Some have joined in rides, some not, but it's always nice to have a well matched riding partner or group for The Dash.

The intent of this thread is for those who want to get in a group.

Post up with considerations for things mentioned in the guide put together by Randy --> http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/789-suggestions-for-organizing-informal-rides/

Most of all, enjoy and be safe.

Riders are generally classed into 3 groups, I use this method:

Novice - new riders, people who don't have a lot of experience.
Intermediate - riders who have some experience, and have ridden many different types of terrain, and can ride difficult sections with minimal or no trouble.
Expert - riders who have many years of experience and have little or no trouble tackling all types of terrain.

Speed is not always a factor in determining ones riding level !!

When rating a trail or a ride, try to base it on how a new rider would consider the terrain:

Easy - just about anyone should be able to do it.
Challenging - easy for an experienced rider, but newer riders may have trouble.
Difficult - challenging for experienced riders, newer riders may want to stay away.
Most Difficult - difficult or challenging for experienced riders, newer riders should not go there unless with a more experienced riding partner.

Noob to S.D. Thinking of doing the Dash. Intermediate - Expert rider with no west coast riding buddies yet. Would lean Intermediate if a gun was to my head as my 33 years of riding and racing are all east coast.