Sign in to follow this  
EKN8404

Plaster City to Superstition maybe Arco in Salton Sea

Going out for a ride in the morning if anyone wants to join me and some friends. Gonna head out of San Diego around 7 and should be in Plaster City by 9. Both friends just got new bikes so gonna take them around and try to break them in. I don't think its gonna be raining but im anxious to see what the desert is like after all this rain. I've never been out there after a storm. If someone has any recommendations or suggestions as to why its not a good ideal to go please post. Thinking of riding out to Superstition and if they are up to it we will head to the Arco in Salton City and back.

Done that ride twice this month. Awesome ride, wet sand is the bomb.

Jealous, I gotta work.

This is a great ride. I've launched from Ocotillo and hit Superstition, Blowsand in OW and gassed in Salton City before taking Pole Line / the train tracks back south.

I probably can't do tomorrow but I'm up for another day sometime soon - next week maybe.

Have fun! PMB may have some pics of wet stuff to watch for - something about the earth swallowing a bike from a few years ago. Overall, wet sand is good.

Wow, what a trip. The ground is perfect out there. Sand Dam was a blast. Overall had a great time. My buddy ended up blowing up his motor but it was on the way back from Salton Sea so we had a good 6 hours of riding before that happened.

Damn! Was that on his new-to-him bike??

Any idea what went wrong? Where did it give out and how did you get him home? Just curious, towing in sand sucks!

Damn! Was that on his new-to-him bike??

Any idea what went wrong? Where did it give out and how did you get him home? Just curious, towing in sand sucks!

For sure, last time I was at Sand Dam we burned up the clutch on a bike and had to tow it most of the way out. Yuck.

love this area . sorry his bike busted .

my bike the cdi curve is messed up .. im heart broken .

hope he gets it fixed soon.

good thing i have a spare bike , when are you going out there again?

"New to him"he just picked it uo on Tuesday. We started at plaster city we to superstition, played around at Sand Dam than back to the truck to refuel. Left there went to Salton Sea filled up and came back. Bike was knocking in the wash between pole road and the rail road track that runs to plaster city. So I towed him back from there. I'm sure it's the rod bearing, he is riding a mid 90's cr250r. I don't think it was made for those long trips like that. I'm back out this weekend camping out. Still some good riding, the sand is very moist.