Tree

Getting out from under the man

Well I'm taking the plunge. After a lot of years working for the man, I decided to open my own buisness. Some of you already know, I've been in the process of setting up my own powder coating business (DBS Blast and Powder Coat). It looks like everything is coming together and the official start of business will be January 7th '08. So, if anyone needs some powder coating or sand blasting give me a call or just stop on by the shop. The shop is at 1666 n. magnolia ave. suite k el cajon. The number is 619-596-6769. I also have a website at dbspowdercoat.com. OK spam mode over, but I'd be glad to get some of your feedback on business advice or opinions on my website.

Congratulations!

1) I could not get your site to come up

2) When people tell you they wanna start their own business just like you, tell'm you get to work half days. You just need to decide which 12 hours it's gonna be :blink: Don't ask me how I know ...

he left out the S from dbs

TREE- congratulations; I hope everything works out for ya... we do some powdercoating in my business, and i'll try to throw some business your way.

Well I'm taking the plunge. After a lot of years working for the man, I decided to open my own buisness. Some of you already know, I've been in the process of setting up my own powder coating business (DBS Blast and Powder Coat). It looks like everything is coming together and the official start of business will be January 7th '08. So, if anyone needs some powder coating or sand blasting give me a call or just stop on by the shop. The shop is at 1666 n. magnolia ave. suite k el cajon. The number is 619-596-6769. I also have a website at dbspowdercoat.com. OK spam mode over, but I'd be glad to get some of your feedback on business advice or opinions on my website.

But now doesn't that make you "the man"? :D:D:blink::D:D

Hey Dwayne...good luck with your new adventure, most small business I've worked for and friends I know that started a business say its a toss up. When its good, its really good, but when its bad, its really bad...you'll probably never get rich with all the trade outs and favorites to friends, but most usually prefer it over just punching a clock. after working with you for the past several years you know what I do, so if you need anything I can help you with to get up and running, you have my number. of course we 'll have to work out a of trade of some kind.... See, its already started.

Thanks for the offer Kaw'ee. And yes now I'm the Man. What fun would be owning a business if you couldn't cut you friends a break on the price. :( I should be getting the last of the equipment set-up this week. If anyone is in the neighborhood stop on by. :D

Thanks for the offer Kaw'ee. And yes now I'm the Man. What fun would be owning a business if you couldn't cut you friends a break on the price. :( I should be getting the last of the equipment set-up this week. If anyone is in the neighborhood stop on by. :D

Congrats!

It will be tough but worth it. Just be prepared to work WAY more hours.

Congratulations pal, and nice website. :D If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that YOU WILL NOT FAIL!! This is the start of a grand adventure. I have a couple of ideas for you that may help Braxton in his sales development, so I'll see you soon.

p.s. I prefer the 12 hours from 0600-1800, that way you have the NEXT 12 available for whatever you didn't get done in the first 12 :( Welcome to business ownership...

p.s. I prefer the 12 hours from 0600-1800, that way you have the NEXT 12 available for whatever you didn't get done in the first 12 :D Welcome to business ownership...

Tree, congradulations. I am sure you will be able to find time to do some fun things, unlike Ride-Orange that never has any fun, unless he is taking a day to ride in Mexico, or D-38 stuff, or thunder boat stuff, or a day game at Petco, or............ :D:(:D:D . Ken

I am sure you will be able to find time to do some fun things, unlike Ride-Orange that never has any fun, unless he is taking a day to ride in Mexico, or D-38 stuff, or thunder boat stuff, or a day game at Petco, or............ :D:D:D:D . Ken

HEY! :D All that stuff CAUSES hard work... like recouperating from a crash or a hang-over or having to make-up the time you should have spent working but were off screwing around. :(

Once you work for yourself, you wont want it anyother way! The long work hours make up for the other BS you dont have to put up with.

Just got everything hooked up and tested so I'm ready to roll. I've got some shop things I want to spray first then I've got a three wheeler frame and excessories for my first job. :D

If you need any help setting up I would be happy to help out :D Painting, carpentry or whatever. Think you still have my phone number.

Aaron

Coolness. I might be starting a project to mount a BMW motor on an experimental plane, which I know will need powdercoating after the fab (anyone know a good 4130 tubing welder?) so good to know :lol: If you need help with the website let me know too :lol:

Once you work for yourself, you wont want it anyother way! The long work hours make up for the other BS you dont have to put up with.

Long work hours......what's that ?? :D:D

Hey Tree, congrats.....I've been self-employed now for 3 years, and as long as it is working out, I can't see myself working for anyone else.