robertaccio

2015 Line of Husqvarna DS machines

Is the Husky FE350 more or less a replacement for the Husaberg FE350?

The Husaberg 390 seems hard to find and I bet it'll be pricey. It's interesting reading the comparisons between the Husky 310, KTM 350 and Husaberg 390

Blake and Robertaccio.. ever want more legs on your 310? If so is the limitation power or gear spread?

Goofy,

I think the power is fine. It doesn't lift the front tire like a big bore, but it is really smooth and can rip if you want it too. I have a common flame out issue with mine that there are fixes for but I just haven't gotten around to it. Mainly it stalls i.e. flames out at low RPM when trying to lug it or when you are hitting an obstacle and didn't get on the gas quick enough. I usually just ride the clutch a little bit in super tight stuff or on an obstacle and that works.... most of the time. So to answer your question, yes I want more legs on my 09 TE310. I think it's gear spread, but how much power you want or need is certainly subjective to the individual rider. Went from 50T rear to a 47T shortly after getting it several years ago. It revs out to around 7000 RPM at 55-60. I have a 14t front to replace the stock 13T, just need to put it on. We'll see how that works, both top and low end. I think a 6th gear that is better for HWY cruising would be a big plus.

You are welcome to take it for a spin next time we ride.

x-lite models (not the older big block 250/310 family of engines)

310s in off road "race" form rip and in my experience actually have more torque dowm low than the 350 KTM family engines XC for example....but the KTM 350 has a lot more high RPM power and OA is a more robust powerplant.

This strong but good low end power makes them easy to ride and the small 125 size crmo semi perimeter chassis is very very good for handling.

For the 310 to perform best as a trail/enduro/race bike if its a TE, It really needs a TXC ignition box, a good TXC or after market exhaust system, not only for flow but for weight (slip on is fine the header is a high quality piece, TE mufflers are super heavy, 13/50 or even 52 final drive, a fresh injector or serviced cleaned injector, and uncorked airbox for starters. all else is just race prep and bullet proofing. and use low vis synth oil 0w40 5w40 to get maximum oil flow through that small short stroke delicate engine. also then handle best with the rear axle as far back as you can get it, with proper chain setting of course. and later I found that 13/50 was better for coming into corners more smoothly (all the factory enduro race bikes used 13/50 its the OEM book listed ratio for offroad)

I ran mine with 13/52 for quite a while

Blakes is a 2009 310 (right Blake?) that is the older big block 250/310 engine machine, the ones I refer to are newer tech racier X-Lite engine bikes.

Is the Husky FE350 more or less a replacement for the Husaberg FE350?

The Husaberg 390 seems hard to find and I bet it'll be pricey. It's interesting reading the comparisons between the Husky 310, KTM 350 and Husaberg 390

Blake and Robertaccio.. ever want more legs on your 310? If so is the limitation power or gear spread?

Both of my 310s were completely uncorked race bikes and both ended up with 13/50 final drive the both of mine were "x-lites" the 2011TE310 was the first series blackhead and the 2013 TXC310R was the redhead model with the all new head design. neither is or was a slouch, I don't really think any of these x-lite versions make a particularly good more road less trail do all bike, the engine is a engineered racing engine, short stroke rather close ratio 6 speed high reving engine with a very small oil capacity at 900cc. The stock suspension was good on both but mine were very massaged from RaceTech then both done by by ZipTy Racing. The 390 Husaberg is the 70deg motor that was a cool design that KTM closed down, the Husbeg FE350 was the end of the Husaberg line and basically a 350XCF-W PDS chassis with a plastic subframe and white plastic. Husaberg is dead brand now. Husqvarnas are now KTM family bikes are are a conglomeration fo KTM stuff--in my opinion the best of what KTM has to offer for enduro/trail/offroaders and now MXers as well. The FE350 is a brilliant bike XCF-W engine in an XC linkage chassis with a plush plastic subframe.

Thank you for the info Blake & Robert. I'd love to swap bikes sometime Blake if you're ever interested in riding my WR250F. I don't ride fast on pavement while dualsporting and definitely like to keep the revs down while droning on the highway. I keep my WR at 50mph and use the turnouts to let faster people pass lol. I'd like a bit more legs and think a 5 speed 450 could pull taller gears but the mid-range cc 6 speed bikes like the 310/350/390 look cool. I'm not sure the 310 would meet my desire for longer legs but I'd like to try it sometime, nothing hardcore - just down the road. The new Yammie WR250F with 6speed looks pretty sweet but I shant thread hijack more than I already have.

Thanks again for the detailed replies.

Let's Ride!

Thank you for the info Blake & Robert. I'd love to swap bikes sometime Blake if you're ever interested in riding my WR250F. I don't ride fast on pavement while dualsporting and definitely like to keep the revs down while droning on the highway. I keep my WR at 50mph and use the turnouts to let faster people pass lol. I'd like a bit more legs and think a 5 speed 450 could pull taller gears but the mid-range cc 6 speed bikes like the 310/350/390 look cool. I'm not sure the 310 would meet my desire for longer legs but I'd like to try it sometime, nothing hardcore - just down the road. The new Yammie WR250F with 6speed looks pretty sweet but I shant thread hijack more than I already have.

Thanks again for the detailed replies.

Let's Ride!

Rev5 has my ex 2013 Husqvarna TXC310R red head X-lite. And another local has my 2011 TE310 black head X-lite. both are very well set up as race/trail bikes with factory recommended 13/50 final drive gearing, internal transmission set up are the same for these machines in fact the entire bottom end is virtually the same, the red head just has the newer BMW designed head on it. The newr model feels more "Japanese" the older one is a slower revving more Euro feeling machine. Slower revving is subject to feel these are all high RPM rev, short stroke racing style engines.

Reviving an older thread, but who has owned or ridden the FC350.

Thoughts on that little thumper?

I have the fe350s so little different but love the power and handling (after complete fork redo) i know the fc is the mx model but my fe is great

Well, I would say after all the MXGP championships that TC222 has brought to KTM on the 350SXF, I think the bike is well pedigreed and fully dialed in and bullet proof, even in its slightly different Husqvarna FC350 form.

You cant really go wrong with any of the KTM 350 branded bikes.

Some personal set up and the machine will far exceed any racing/riding capabilities that any of us here on this site have.

Plus I continue to think that the Husky (WHT KTM) looks cooler than the KTM brand machines...but that's a personal opinion.

And yes I have ridden 350 KTM/Husky machines, I was not a fan of the older KTM350XCF (which was/is a SXF with offroad kit), I'm an enduro guy, I like long smooth power, the FE350 has this, my choice in order for offroad- FE350(S uncorked), XCF-W, XCF.

For track FC, SXF.

The 350 that I have ridden the most is a 15 FE350S fully set up in FE race mode- full FMF mega bomb pipe ( and S/A), Power commander 5 enduro race mapped, holey side cover, with a Trax shock and ZipTy Racing modified forks, so basically a FE350 FIM world enduro E2 bike---Its my favorite of the KTM/Husky 350s by far.

PS the 350 feels lighter in mass than the 450 and 500 even if its very close in weight on the scale.

Thanks for that input. Found one in a buddy's garage and he says he's "never ridden, not even once."

Would I be interested in it? Hmmmmm....

Depends on what you wanna do. Doubt it would be setup for trails probably too stiff especially the front forks. So sounds like a great track bike. Assuming your getting a great deal on it I would say snatch it up and respring rear and do a complete mod on front forks and you'll be good to go.

I truly considered it as a pure Baja bike. Perhaps allowing me to explore those trails I've seen and envied but couldn't quite tackle with my Big Orange Pig.

I truly considered it as a pure Baja bike. Perhaps allowing me to explore those trails I've seen and envied but couldn't quite tackle with my Big Orange Pig.

Well there you go sounds like you found the right bike probably throw little money in suspension george s101 has it dialed for what youll want and bigger tank and should be good to go.