RobATK94

More difficult technical riding

I have been accused of not being right in the head before, for doing things the most difficult way possible. I am looking to hit harder and more miserable trails. Most of my riding buddies either no longer ride or want nothing to do with a ride that is more than just a few minutes of difficulty, let alone an entire day of misery. I am at the point where I can't get anyone to try a new trail, because they all know where my mind is. So I cruise with them, which isn't a bad thing, but I feel like I am not progressing in a direction that interests me.

Anyone else out there seek out the difficult? I'd like to ride with someone who is on the same page, and some what close riding ability. I would call myself a low to mid level intermediate rider. I'm on an 05 YZ250 setup for offroad. I'm a corral canyon regular, but there are a handful of difficult trails I've never touched.

I know there are some of you out there that are incredible trail riders. Anyone mind a tag along. I don't see too many posted rides for hard and miserable, so I figured I should seek the out. Usually I don't mind long solo rides, but for this I'd like to have a group.

You busy this weekend?

I'm off to the Piutes for a weekend of trail riding. I'll be with a good friend that's probably about your skill level so would be a good time to dip your toe into some good stuff without getting in too deep.

I don't like riding a "trail of tears" but enjoy the challenge of a hard days ride.

I'm a sissy...I approach riding a lot like your friends seem to; I don't want to be tortured...and yet I STILL ride with sicvic, robertaccio, pasta, Spaugh, et al...there are others here of course, but those are the sick guys "I" ride with...have you ridden "Ranger" @ Corral? that's my favorite difficult trail, whereas 3, 5 and 7 are difficult and I don't enjoy them much. Assuming my DRZ is done on time, I'll be riding Sunday

Hmm, looks like you're in Oside.

There's a bit of riding north of San Marcos that can make you feel not right in the head. . . and belly if you dive in deep enough.

The weather is cooling down. I'll post a ride for that area in a week or two. Summer hibernation is over!

I got what you need...... Off Fridays by chance?

I'm your Huckleberry!

I don't know what's going on here but I think I might be in for some sickness. I look at some of the trails u guys do and go what's wrong with their brain. But I think some thing is wrong with mine just for posting this. Need to see where I stand am I a noob or am I some what good. Lol. I think I'm in.

Let me know when you want to go to Corral or McCain and we can see if you like our riding or not. There are by far more able riders out there than I, Bob mentioned a few of the buggers, but I/and a few others I ride with like a challenging flowing day. Now what, "challenging" means to me, you or anyone else won't be seen until we make a ride of it. You are on a tiny bike, so you should be able to blaze through stuff with much less pains than boys on the bigger bikes with a heavy butt in the seat. It's more about the heavy butt...MIND and not the bike. Heehaw.

I don't know what's going on here but I think I might be in for some sickness. I look at some of the trails u guys do and go what's wrong with their brain. But I think some thing is wrong with mine just for posting this. Need to see where I stand am I a noob or am I some what good. Lol. I think I'm in.

On a 650L??? Oh, this is going be fun... :dance2:

i am not on any 650l i am on a 650r thats got to save 75 pounds.it is not made for this stuff but what the hell.i also have a 05 crf 250r hell maybe i will bring the 07 crf 150f yaaaaaa if that does not work i have a 03 xr100 and and a electric 50 bike i could just put that on my back and take it up the hill lol.Again why am i posting this.lol :axehead:

as logroller says; everybody's scale is different. I've ridden with guys that say they're advanced and don't make it from Pine Valley to Corral, and I've ridden with people that say they are intermediate, and I just shake my head as they leave me in the dust. Once you join a ride, the guys can direct you to the right other guys (if you know what I mean)

I like this thread. The GasGas and I are available to ride this weekend - please let me know the plan.

I might be able to swing something this Saturday. Anyone else interested? I'm familiar with a lot of corral canyon, but not trail leading material in the harder trails. Also never been to McCain.

Also never been to McCain.

That's horrible.....if you can make the drive to CC (and if you drive all the way to 4 corners) then driving to McC isn't much of a difference in drive time. It's about another 30mins from the Pine Valley cul-de-sac off the 8hwy.

Map:

http://goo.gl/yFTjgE

Info:

http://goo.gl/dGB2Vn

Tell me about it! I've seen some amazing pics and videos of McCain trails. But so have my diehard mx and desert buddies... It's easier to talk them into corral canyon than McCain. That's part of why I started this post, to maybe get a small group of riders who like the technical stuff to show us wannabes around some of the trails. I figure I can't be the only one running around looking to for the harder stuff.