Boston Mangler

My 2015 Arctic Circle/Denali/Yellowstone/Moab/Zion Adventure

Bumping this for you buddy. Is this still a go???

Can't see the need for extra gas bottles. You could put gin in one and tonic in the other.

Sounds like one heck of an adventure. Congrats

You have the best bike in the world to do that trip, it is a pack mule, and handles well loaded even when riding in the dirt. Dan claims I over packed, I might have, I was just better dressed for trip than Diego :coolio: With the bike loaded we did well over 2000 miles of dirt and had no problems. When you are in Tok, spend the night Thompson Motorcycle park, she has a tool shed that you can use to change your own oil (I did). I will also recommend that you go on ebay and buy a US Marine Corp. tent as in the picture. Why? it is sturdy and it is almost black inside the tent when you lay down for the night. In Alaska it is light 24/7, it does get dark, but it is a dusk darkness. That tent made a big difference for Diego and I. You can see it below. You need to tent, plenty of place to camp, It would not be right staying in hotels the whole way, and it is a lot easer on your wallet.

post-13882-0-22630500-1435841985_thumb.j

post-13882-0-38792000-1435842003_thumb.j

post-13882-0-29930400-1435842091_thumb.j

post-13882-0-20557900-1435842433_thumb.j

I'll update this since Boston Mangler (Kevin) is a tad busy brown nosing strangers on IBAR. Him and his two buddies made it to the arctic circle yesterday. They've laid down over 4000 miles so far and things are going well. He says to say hi to everyone on SDAR and that he will be throwing a homecoming party for all of us when he gets home. Free beer and prime rib for everyone!

Carry on,

The Oracle

.....he will be throwing a homecoming party for all of us when he gets home. Free beer and prime rib for everyone!

Great to hear! Sounds much better than that dainty fish dinner he's having in Anchorage tonight. :coolio:

Maybe he'll bring back some Caribou to share with us all? :coolio: