Oh crap, that's funny....if you click on the link in Strega's post to the ad that's me standing on the rock near the Tenere. What no royalties?

Oh crap, that's funny....if you click on the link in Strega's post to the ad that's me standing on the rock near the Tenere. What no royalties?

Dont they have to get your permission before using your image for profit?

This does look like it would be fun. Definitely a time and money commitment.

The check is in the mail... :heh:

Todd and I agreed to do a photo shoot for those guys when asked since we were both riding SE's and we did it for the fun of it. It was interesting to see how they line up shots and have you ride the same small spot for the shot. They probably take 50 or even 100 shoots for every one that is published.

Also if you go to the ad and click on "photos" side bar there is a shot of Todd on his SE.

It was a really fun event and a chance to ride and hang out with some industry folks and of course watch Quin Cody ride the new 1190 like a mini bike.

Too bad this year I will be in Baja help a buddy run (him ride - me logistics) the Baja Rally Moto otherwise I would do it again. That part of the Sierras is some really great riding.

http://www.bajarallymoto.com/

They probably take 50 or even 100 shoots for every one that is published.

Yup.

Even under tightly controlled lighting and exposure scenes, I get about 1 in 100 final images when shooting people. And if they're moving on machinery, the odds are even worse.

When people ask me how to improve their photography, the answer is always :

Take more pictures.