paulmbowers

Are you happy with your Husaberg?

I've been hearing very good things about Husaberg- do you like them?

Have you ridden one?

Quit flirting and just buy the KLR we all know you want..

^ This!

431942_10151620104252284_1284082898_n.jpg

Yes, I've ridden one and am happy with it :coolio: 2011 with 70 degree engine. Bought with 350 miles on it, a demo from a shop in Fresno.

About 8600mi and the valves have only needed to be adjust once, at my last service. I'm now checking them about every 2000-2500mi because they just don't move. As much power as you could want, light weight, very well balanced, EFI and it just works. KTM sourced parts are a non-issue. As much how-to / what to do with the bike info as you could want on ADV in the 70 degree and 70 degree adventure bike threads.

Possible cons:

• You can't just go out and pick up a #x gallon Clarke or IMS tank. Actually, you can, but it's $700+, 2gals from Safari :wacko: . There's another 1gal tank that replaces the subframe but it's similarly stoopid money. But between a combination of Mojavi bags, tank panniers, and MSR bladders I can configure the bike for 120-200+ mile range, no problems. In fact, the bike actually handles better set up like above, with ~3 gals in the tank panniers.
  • The Vapor Lock Issue -- the exhaust guys didn't talk to the gas tank guys and the exhaust is routed directly under the gas tank. Heats/boils the gas and shuts down the fuel pump. Simple, known fixes are heat blanket under the tank, remove the ball valve in the gas cap, and competition mapping. No issue for me since I earned the nickname Vapah on our UT trip in 2012 :unsure:
  • Plastic subframe so you just can't toss a rack on it. But lots of enduro luggage solutions out there so it's a non-issue.
  • Unlike KTM, there's a limited supply of Husaberg badge baby strollers, foot massagers and toasters :ph34r:

Short answer is this bike is a keeper and I can't see myself selling it for a very, very long time.

My buddy has a FE 570 i think about a 2012 model. I've ridden it, nice bike. It feels heavier than my KTM 500 EXC but functions the same. I've done some work on it before, I didn't like how it was designed. I mean to take the gas tank off you had to almost tear the whole bike apart and there was just tons of wires and stuff jammed in there. Oh and im always having to give him my gas since he only has about a 60-70 mile range with his little tank. You can buy a bigger tank for about 400 but you dont get much more for that price, its not even a gallon i don't think. They are very pretty and all and function but I think you would be just as happy on a KTM then spending the extra money for that. That all being said I ride a KTM but if Honda came out with something that was plated, had fuel injection, electric start and kick as back up along with the hydraulic clutch id get rid of the ktm in a heart beat. Not trying to steer you away from a Husaberg, just wanted to give my opinion.

My buddy has a FE 570 i think about a 2012 model. I've ridden it, nice bike. It feels heavier than my KTM 500 EXC but functions the same. I've done some work on it before, I didn't like how it was designed. I mean to take the gas tank off you had to almost tear the whole bike apart and there was just tons of wires and stuff jammed in there. Oh and im always having to give him my gas since he only has about a 60-70 mile range with his little tank. You can buy a bigger tank for about 400 but you dont get much more for that price, its not even a gallon i don't think. They are very pretty and all and function but I think you would be just as happy on a KTM then spending the extra money for that. That all being said I ride a KTM but if Honda came out with something that was plated, had fuel injection, electric start and kick as back up along with the hydraulic clutch id get rid of the ktm in a heart beat. Not trying to steer you away from a Husaberg, just wanted to give my opinion.

Was at local dealer checking out bikes last week and noticed the new Husaburgs have KTM VIN tags and actually say KTM right on them. Truth!

That is all... As you were...

:)