hodnettjj

Reach Air Medical Service

At the meeting I mentioned Reach Air. I have

with them while working with LESAR... and used them to transport patients...

20131116_105658_zpsoldg0a4z.jpg

Reach is usually (not always) the medical helo that responds to the Desert Dash area. They are out of El Centro.

Reach Air Membership

It is $65 a year for a household. Read over the Reach FAQ for more info.

From their Site:

When your life depends on getting to a medical facility as quickly as possible, REACH is awaiting the call.

Time Means Everything—Especially in a Medical Emergency

How many times have you read or heard a story of someone who is alive today as a result of quick and effective response to his or her medical emergency? More than 123 million Americans are visiting hospital emergency rooms every year. Reducing the time to receive definitive care for a medical emergency can save lives. The National Center for Disease Control (CDC)-supported research shows a 25% reduction in deaths for severely injured patients who receive care at a Level I trauma center rather than at a non-trauma center. REACH for Life provides air ambulance service that can help reduce time to the appropriate Level 1 trauma center.

Peace of Mind—Protect You and Your Family Financially

Living miles away from the nearest medical facility creates the need for air medical transport in life- and limb-threatening emergencies. Even with medical insurance, an air medical transport can leave you with unexpected out-of-pocket expenses, burdening your finances and family. Give yourself peace of mind, enabling you and your family to focus on recovery during an emergency. By becoming an AirMedCare Network member today you will have no out-of-pocket flight expenses if you are flown by one of our participating providers.

The Largest Membership Program of its Kind

AirMedCare Network is an alliance among REACH Air Medical Services, Cal-Ore Life Flight, Air Evac Lifeteam, Med-Trans Air Medical Transport, and EagleMed, creating America’s largest air ambulance membership program. An AirMedCare Network membership automatically enrolls you in all five company membership programs, giving you membership coverage in over 200 locations across 27 states. Join today and you can receive membership in the AirMedCare Network at the same low price as the individual membership programs, giving you membership across five leading air ambulance operators for the price of one! Take advantage of this great opportunity today!

Benefits of Joining the AirMedCare Network

By participating in the AirMedCare Network, you become part of the ever-expanding family of over 1,250,000 members.

Being a member means you benefit from:

•Peace of Mind. You get financial peace of mind so you can focus on your recovery, if you are flown by any AirMedCare Network participating provider - REACH Air Medical Services, Cal-Ore Life Flight, Air Evac Lifeteam, Med-Trans Air Medical Transport, or EagleMed (transport by other air ambulance providers are not covered) - because you have no out-of-pocket flight expenses. We work with your benefits provider(s) to take care of everything related to your flight!

•Strength and Stability. AirMedCare Network is the largest membership program of its kind, combining the membership programs of five leading air ambulance companies.

•Broad Geographical Coverage. Our participating providers have over 200 bases with helicopters and/or airplanes across 27 states standing-by to provide emergency medical service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. However, if our network provider in your area is not requested for your transport or if it is not available for any reason such as being committed on another patient flight or out of service for weather or maintenance-related issues, you may need to be transported by a ground ambulance or an out of network air ambulance provider. Your membership only covers flights by AirMedCare Network participating providers so you will be responsible for payment to other service providers. It is important that you get the medical care you need as quickly as possible, regardless of who provides the transport, so you have the best chance for survival and degree of recovery.

How does this compare with Spot's GEOS Member Benefit?

Good question!

GEOS requires you push the SOS button I think. Whatever, you have to have them lead and coordinate the effort. If a ranger finds you and calls the air ambulance, GEOS is never involved and doesn't cover anything.

I note GEOS doesn't cover races and time trials. Also you have to be 99 miles or more from home.

I have both GEOS and Reach memberships.

Carl

We had a guy in our group go down pretty hard (not a member) on the way back from Borrego Spr. yesterday. You never think it's going to happen to you, until.....

20140209_154633.jpg

20140209_164303.jpg

I think I'll be signing up for the REACH service asap. It's just too important to ignore, and way to good of a deal to pass up.

You never think it's going to happen to you, until.....

Not making light of your situation, but I ALWAYS think it's going to happen to me. unsure.gif