Pictures later- logroller, noob, ozzie, 1kstep, Axel, tntmo, little tnt, tntmobro...am I missing anybody?

Rough day for the bikes: Ahmed's wouldn't start...Axel's wouldn't shift, bromo's wouldn't clutch

At Ranger, the group split up into "hard ways" and "easy way"

I went with easy group, because I ride a DRZ, I'm old, and basically crippled.

Axel kept on trail one, while the other two went opposite ways on ranger.

Down in the chasm below rocky road hill on trail 8, justin's DR died, then the clutch effectively quit. We probably spent 45 minutes trying to start it, and figuring out what to do next. Then a guy showed up in a rock crawler Toy Pickup, and agreed to tow him to the top of the hill at least, then we hightailed it back to the parking area.

Hardways group- any fun stories, or pics?

Thanks for the ride guys!

I'm old, and basically crippled.

quoted for posterity :torch:/>/>/>

I was crippled today also. Loading the WR450 "Bob" bike, my foot slipped on the tailgate and I fell off, the bike fell on me and I tweaked my back. I didn't notice it much when I was riding, funny how that works. I brought my minions along to train for the Desert Dash, they did well. Justins' DR350 is a POS, but I've been telling him that for a long time. We had a good day riding even though we needed a Toyota to get a bike out of the trails.

I'm old, and basically crippled.

quoted for posterity :torch:/>/>

That already WAS a quote...from Fargoin; you should meet him...you two would get along well

Not sure what drained my battery, but a quick connect with jumper cables brought it back to life.

We did Ranger, 11 both ways (Jeep Trail i think), and some other trail i can't remember.

Auzzy (my brother) did just fine on the crf, although he was pooped out by the end having to kick start that thing.

Here is a picture of Logroller on trail 11.

1617791_10202277773518636_511956170_o.jpg

Bummer you guys had bike troubles Bob.

Hope to see you again soon!

Auzzy may have more pictures, so i'll post it up later.

Nate- we saw MotoForze Chris out there...he said to say "hey"

I did- Kernan down and back, 1,2, Spur, Pinon, 1, part of ranger, 5, 11, 11A, (that's where the DR problems started), 6, then 9 to 8...8 is where it all went south for Justin

He soldiered on though, riding back to my truck with a slipping clutch.

Toyota driver was named Luke, and although he decided not to load the bike into his newly painted truck bed, he helped us out a lot!

Glad ya'll made it back ok

Nate- we saw MotoForze Chris out there...he said to say "hey"

I did- Kernan down and back, 1,2, Spur, Pinon, 1, part of ranger, 5, 11, 11A, (that's where the DR problems started), 6, then 9 to 8...8 is where it all went south for Justin

He soldiered on though, riding back to my truck with a slipping clutch.

Toyota driver was named Luke, and although he decided not to load the bike into his newly painted truck bed, he helped us out a lot!

Glad ya'll made it back ok

Cool. Didnt sound like I missed much out there today. I was out at Superstition for the first D38 race of the season. Not a bad course some rocky technical sections, 6th gear sand highway and lots of whoops heh.gif.

quoted for posterity :torch:/>/>/>/>/>/>

I was crippled today also. Loading the WR450 "Bob" bike, my foot slipped on the tailgate and I fell off, the bike fell on me and I tweaked my back. I didn't notice it much when I was riding, funny how that works. I brought my minions along to train for the Desert Dash, they did well. Justins' DR350 is a POS, but I've been telling him that for a long time. We had a good day riding even though we needed a Toyota to get a bike out of the trails.

My DR350 is a POS but I still love it! It's all I know! :)/>/> Still had a blast! Probably one of the funnest days of riding that I have ever had! Thanks Guys!!!!!!

So for the "hard way," group we did Ranger (both sections and the longer section of the second half of Ranger to catch up with the Jeep Trail), coming out on 11 and then hit the Jeep Trail which I believe is "Scout."

Bob, the pic Ahmed posted is the rock I was telling you about off the Jeep trail.

We made our way all around Scout and then some (back and forth on the same stuff) as well as Winchester and then back to 11. 1Kstep, Ahmed and The Wizard of OC decided to take 5 (road route where Ranger crosses just down from the 5 turnoff up to 3 and 3a) back to 4 corners.

I went back up Ranger. I had a tiny get off in that silty tight uphill turn single track section due to my rear digging in a spinning out in to a slow motion rear low side. I tried to power through too much and spin out time. Caught my breath and eased her up and out. No other issues and then it was 1 to a single track and back to 4 corners. From there I showed my face so the guys knew I was good and then headed down the trail (Kernan I believe) to the road where I had parked.

Most of you missed it and maybe Bob saw it, but during our downhill stroll from the tower road I took Justine 3 quarters of the way down, where I left Bob behind. Justin did not like this and came back for more. He buzzed by me right before one of those air time humps. Not knowing that a turn was coming up as well. He was way took hot and got lucky that an 8ft+ bank was on the left. Justin scaled this and then lowsided on the bank. I gained the lead again and that was that. Not really, he comes in to the parking lot doing a 180 spin out lowside. At this point I threw out the "100 yard stay away from me" card. :bigeyed:

The day started off with a funk, but we left that smell behind and ended it all with some goodness. Good riding with everyone. It was a great ride day for me. Scout/Winchester was the topper of it all.

I did see some sort of "incident" on the coast race, with two guys close together and a cloud of dust

Sounds like fun...I had tnt using MY handlebar to give himself a little help

I did see some sort of "incident" on the coast race, with two guys close together and a cloud of dust

Sounds like fun...I had tnt using MY handlebar to give himself a little help

I was on the wrong side to apply your front brake.

I want a rematch Logroller :) I promise Ill stay a 100 yards ahead of you to satisfy your distance requirements Bwah ha ha!

I want a rematch Logroller :)/> I promise Ill stay a 100 yards ahead of you to satisfy your distance requirements Bwah ha ha!

To be honest, those DRZs for some reason pull some good downhill speeds. I guess the lack of engineering left things to move more freely. :upsidedown: Or I braked more than others. Nah, that's not it.

I had a difficult time closing the gap on you, but Bob did not have that issue on me. So I initiated the flux capacitor to warp drive beyond the reach of you two.

Good times.

Bob always kicks my ass on that coasting extravaganza. Possible I'm just too poor of a rider.

We just missed you on that trail! The Samurais were just starting 11A

I'll post pictures tomorrow- gota GIF of tntbromo on that same rock- rode it like a bronco buster!

We left early in order to meet the 100 yard restraining order.

He managed to dislodge his tank...clog his carb, etc on that trail

FUN trail!

We just missed you on that trail! The Samurais were just starting 11A

I'll post pictures tomorrow- gota GIF of tntbromo on that same rock- rode it like a bronco buster!

We left early in order to meet the 100 yard restraining order.

He managed to dislodge his tank...clog his carb, etc on that trail

FUN trail!

We actually saw you guys heading down towards the road to go back up to 4 corners. Or at least we thought that was you.

Yes, thank you. tntbromo seemed to be living up to the "tnt" part of his screen name on Sunday. :heh:

This weekend was a retarded amount of fun. That was a great video!!!!! Sweet wheelie logroller! Yes my dr350 is a tank and that why is the down hill boss! Plus, I am crazy! Though, u probably knew I had a few screws form the beginning. Cant wait to do it again! If any of you can meet TNTMO and I out at ocotillo wells this weekend. We will continue our Desert Dash training with some long rides if any of you can make it you are more then welcome to join us :)

nice photos and video. you guys made the big rock look too easy!!! Its scary looking in person! good job :good:

just adding a couple of quick snap shots

Auzzie from the OC, riding the mighty CRF

DSCF0536_zps3db6994f.jpg

I'm going to assume this is noob on his Husky- hard to see behind the helmet

DSCF0537_zpsd8099d00.jpg

the tntmo's and bro's

DSCF0539_zpsa693de42.jpg

the chef, before cooking his clutch

DSCF0544_zpsccb2121d.jpg

restraining order on 11A

S0020576_zps8362cfb7.jpg

the boys having a discussion on 8

DSCF0582_zpsf3207f84.jpg

aaron

DSCF0584_zps92bd30e2.jpg

oops

DSCF0586_zps3cab70cd.jpg

I am now referring to this climb on 8 as the Doctor... as in DR... second time a kick only DR has been stymied here

DSCF0592_zps5a1948cf.jpg

and he makes House Calls

DSCF0594_zps477d64d3.jpg

more later

Good day guys. I did not realize so many did not want to tackle Ranger and then I thought we were going to rendezvous at the crossing. We did, but I did not know that it was already discussed you were going your own way.

Anypoop, good meeting the new guys (to me) and the regulars (to me). The day started a bit slow, but ended strong. Me's likes.

It must have been a fun day, I have two clutch changes awaiting the return of beer to my garage fridge.

Tom- that's weird...I've only ever fried a clutch on a vehicle ONCE in my whole life

Wonder what's up with that?

Tom- that's weird...I've only ever fried a clutch on a vehicle ONCE in my whole life

Wonder what's up with that?

One was because a clutch cable got pulled a bit on a tip over and the rider didn't notice until too late. The other may be because the bike was stuck in high gear the last time it was ridden?