Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

I-8 at Taylor

I am fine

truck is totaled

I hate that section of freeway

I am Pyro-ing out for a few weeks...

post-122-1192123679_thumb.jpg

Good to hear that you're okay, the truck looks like it took a pretty good hit.

Glad you had 4 wheels and not 2. Ken

Me too... maybe more so :)

Sounds like this spot is along your reqular commute. Better keep a SUPER DILIGENT look out since you're pyroing for the next however long...

Sorry about your misfortune Bob, and I'm really glad you're o.k. Tommy's looking to get an apartment near SDSU so I think he'll have a nice 2003 Ranger FX4 for sale REAL soon.

Glad you had 4 wheels and not 2. Ken

Me too... maybe more so :)

Sounds like this spot is along your reqular commute. Better keep a SUPER DILIGENT look out since you're pyroing for the next however long...

Sorry about your misfortune Bob, and I'm really glad you're o.k. Tommy's looking to get an apartment near SDSU so I think he'll have a nice 2003 Ranger FX4 for sale REAL soon.

I'm going BIGGER on my next truck, not smaller. :)

My last truck was a V6, and had some issues pulling the enclosed trailer back up from the desert floor. It would DO it, it just wasn't happy about it... oh yeah... and turn off the a/c before starting the grade... as SDL and mikeyb will attest. :)

I'm hoping my settlement is in the 10-12000 range, and I'll put a down on a V8 supercrew... unsure about needing a 250, but need the V8. :D

Ouch, I was running out the door for work this morning, when I glanced at your discription of what happened. That picture hit home with me. Glad you are okay.

damn bro! glad your ok, you sure u didnt get injured cuz something like that sure could show up latereven if you feel fine. my moms still dealing with her back after an accident 10 yrs ago.

ed

I worked in PB for a year or so and I have had plenty close calls in that exact spot. I'm Glad the truck took the beating and not you because we all know bikes dont do as well. This is My brothers KLR after a truck pulled out in front of him last year on old hwy 8 near Lake Jennings. He is OK now, but he was in extremley critical condition for a while at the hospital. Careful out there on that scary asphalt stuff....

IMG_0824-1.jpg

I'm going BIGGER on my next truck, not smaller. :D

...and I'll put a down on a V8 supercrew... unsure about needing a 250, but need the V8. :P

:):):)

I recommend a diesel - Pullin' Power!!!

...and I'll put a down on a V8 supercrew... unsure about needing a 250, but need the V8. :P

I 2ND THAT!

I 2ND THAT!

duramax woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

I 2ND THAT!

My last truck was (is) a diesel, and you're preachin' to the choir... but I am no longer pulling 48' 6 horse trailers, and the intitial costs of diesel are so much more. Not to mention the repairs (which I find less frequently than on my gas trucks... they make diesels SOLID)

So IF I decide I want a toy hauler, I probably WOULD go with a diesel...

Thanks to everybody for your concern and suggestions... just another reminder that any day can be our last... live well, have fun, treat others right and enjoy family and friends. If I was in the same place at the same time on my bike... I doubt I'd be typing right now

Bummer! Glad you're ok.

I used to commute that way daily. I'm not aware of any place that where traffic comes to such a complete stop out of nowhere. Definitely a trouble spot.

the problem is that the exit south is on the far right 2 lanes, and then the next lane to the left is the North 5 lane, which is single, so it gets jammed up and stops right where people are changing their minds to go south, so the 3rd lane over is the one where people pitch their car sideways and then play bumper car with the lanes next to them, definitely a layout conceived during happy hour a few drinks too late :)

Congrats on walking away from the accident, that's what counts!

I think he'll have a nice 2003 Ranger FX4 for sale REAL soon.

I think I'll be lookin for a Ranger real soon...

pm on the way

post-122-1194111362_thumb.jpg

The bling! 6 disc in dash changer, heated leather, sirius radio, back up warning sensor, thermostat controlled heat/a/c,

exterior pictures next time I have a bike... or two... in the back

looking for a cheap toy hauler now that I have some pulling torque...