Sign in to follow this  
papaalex

Saturday super sand practice #3

All,

how about meet in Ocotillo (FW8) and go to Superstition dunes...then to Blu Inn in Ocotillo Wells...lunch/gas...back to cars in Ocotillo taking some different routes, if we can find them.

I would rate it as an intermediate ride.

Any takers???????????????????

papa

All,

how about meet in Ocotillo (FW8) and go to Superstition dunes...than to Blu Inn in Ocotillo Wells...lunch/gas...back to cars in Ocotillo taking some different routes, if we can find them.

Any takers???????????????????

papa

Hi Papa,

I'm not up for riding yet. My back should be ready toward the end of the month. Have a great ride.

XTSTEVE

Hey Papaalex,

I am interested in that trip this weekend. What day are you thinking? Friday after noon, Sat, or Sunday. I could be up for any of them. I did a quick search and it looks like about 70 miles to the gas in OC. wells - Is that about right - total trip around 135 - 140 miles? Name a time and place and I will plan on meeting you there!

As the crow flies it is about 29 miles. I think it would be safe to double that if you are going to play in the dunes.

Hey Papaalex,

I am interested in that trip this weekend. What day are you thinking? Friday after noon, Sat, or Sunday. I could be up for any of them. I did a quick search and it looks like about 70 miles to the gas in OC. wells - Is that about right - total trip around 135 - 140 miles? Name a time and place and I will plan on meeting you there!

I'm thinking of this Saturday...I do not think it is more than 50 miles one way.

I could do anytime on saturday. I will keep an eye out to see who else is interested and a time to meet.

So, I guess the google street mileage probably isnt the best thing for estimating these trips huh... wasn't really paying attention to where the route it showed was, just a total mileage from A to B to make sure my tank could make it - can you tell i am new to this???

As the crow flies it is about 29 miles. I think it would be safe to double that if you are going to play in the dunes.

Good advice, but I would say 2 1/2 times since that soft sand will suck the life out of your fuel range.

Can't make it this weekend. There's a D38 race staging out of Plaster West, stay safe and have a blast. :lol:

Gosh Papaalex, you still haven't gotten enough sand in your bloomers? :lol: I will see how things are shaping up for me this Saturday. But it is a long drive to Ocotillo for me.

Gosh Papaalex, you still haven't gotten enough sand in your bloomers? :lol: I will see how things are shaping up for me this Saturday. But it is a long drive to Ocotillo for me.

I want that really deep stuff in dunes.

I might be out that way Saturday. I've got some suspension tuning to do. Not sure I'm up for an intermediate ride though.

:mega_shok:

I want that really deep stuff in dunes.

Feel free to come out to Glamis Oct 13/14........we'll be in Wash 10/11 area

Misc. Glamis Waypoints attached as ".txt" file......right click and save as ".gdb" file to upload/view in Map Source

Glamis_Waypoints.txt

:( Sorry that I(and for that matter anybody else)could not make it out for your ride this weekend. But there are alot more weekends where this one came from :mega_shok: , so see you soon on another ride :D:D:D