paulmbowers

5000 words about this week in the Sierra.

"U guys are so wordy with your write-up laugh.gif

Where did u go...inquiring minds want to know."

We are playing dumb ( Not Hard ) , details are for the Trail Boss Sneeker.

coolio.gif

P.S. We went to the Bar

DSCN0960_1000w-L.jpg

Looking at this post has been more frustrating than going to the purple roof!!! Flippin tease!!! arrggg :o

All the makings of an eventful trip it seems and great job on the pictures. Chasing wild horses sounds pretty epic. Any close-up pics of that?

We were told to not post the location of the ride to keep the area open and pristine. I'm sure you could get a PM of the actual

starting point from someone.

CiD

coolio.gif

P.S. We went to the Bar

DSCN0960_1000w-L.jpg

Looking at this post has been more frustrating than going to the purple roof!!! Flippin tease!!! arrggg ohmy.gif

All the makings of an eventful trip it seems and great job on the pictures. Chasing wild horses sounds pretty epic. Any close-up pics of that?

We sent someone after the horses with a GoPro. Will have to wait and see if more becomes available.

coolio.gif

P.S. We went to the Bar

DSCN0960_1000w-L.jpg

Looking at this post has been more frustrating than going to the purple roof!!! Flippin tease!!! arrggg ohmy.gif/>/>/>

The bar has been called out by PbdBlue.

Here's where everything is:

Benton.pdf

Sneeker

The Old Guys plus Riggah did pretty well.

Hey, now wait just a minute here....huh.gif

Sorry, the Old Guy plus FN, CID and Riggah.

I'm over that issue. Sort-0f.

The Wood Man - As Well As; clutches, clutch-less and motor failures

DSCN09391000w-L.jpg

Cold was an issue in camp, Wood not-so-much. The Fix was in and Riggah developed a special relationship with the local wood supplier.

DSCN09181000w-L.jpg

CID showed a good deal of skill working very tough sections with zero clutch. One of his slave bolts gave up which made the tough single track and

nasty climbs even more challenging. Through it all El CID stayed calm and just performed. Have him show you how to stall a clutch-less and kill

button-less bike some day.

While you are at it, have PMB show you how to bump start a Recluse clutched and flooded moto.

DSCN09541000w-L.jpg

In the category of Good Karma, Bad Karma; As the group flowed into Benton at the end a challenging and Remote adventure, the Bagstr chops the

throttle from 65 on the pavement. The day is done, important deeds performed, a well earned celebration at hand. Nope, the motor goes stone dead!

Roll to a stop at the cafe, key off and on, crank, start. The motor momentarily revs out and seems fine. Then nada, never to restart. If I thought a higher

being was watching and controlling my life, I would think this event is my reward for the hubris of congratulating myself for a hard day well done. Since

I don't, I must be very lucky to have avoided this failure 35 miles from the pavement. That would have been a tough situation. PMB can confirm the thought.

R.J. is on the case. .

As a side note my month old Earth X lithium Iron battery did not hold up well the the abuse of hard cranking and possible short circuit. Overnight the

battery dropped to 9 Vdc and has not recovered. Once home, I tried to recharge on the bench and no luck. EarthX is sending a replacement. Cathy

tells me they got a bad batch of batteries from the supplier. Approximately 30% of the individual cells were bad. Another thing I do not want to think about

out in the wilds!

DSCN09281000w-L.jpg

We had company just up from the camp

DSCN09561000w-L.jpg

After a starter failure (no big deal, kickstarters have worked for a century) then flooding the bike twice from unexpected inversion situations, I/we discovered the difficulty of the century-old starting method. Especially at 9000 feet hanging on the edge of a steep, rocky incline. I thought I'd end up here, in this spot on the hill above the guy's campground:

10170558284_30508b741e_b.jpg

Lucky me-who-hates-camping, there is an inn adjacent to the campground with a shady spot for the bike after a hard thrashing:

10170811703_05b45e0442_c.jpg

Yes, it certainly would have been possible to ride the 990 up there- I'm the first guy to tell you the abilities of the Big Bike.

Granted, I'd still be there with a winch and a backpack of food, trying to summit some of the ascents, but it could have been done.

Greater love hath no man that he lay down his bike so the rest of us can use it to ride over the ditch. FakeName 15:13

post-13540-084852100 1381343646_thumb.jp

Greater love hath no man that he lay down his bike so the rest of us can use it to ride over the ditch. FakeName 15:13

Riding partner Priorities:

1.) Document Event

2.) Ask if they require assistance

3.) Continue recording adventure.......

In this case it looks like the camera was lying in wait!

Oh, and thanks for all the work on the ditch bridges! The summer storms ripped up those trails bad.

The Wood Man - As Well As; clutches, clutch-less and motor failures

DSCN09391000w-L.jpg

Cold was an issue in camp, Wood not-so-much. The Fix was in and Riggah developed a special relationship with the local wood supplier.

DSCN09181000w-L.jpg

CID showed a good deal of skill working very tough sections with zero clutch. One of his slave bolts gave up which made the tough single track and

nasty climbs even more challenging. Through it all El CID stayed calm and just performed. Have him show you how to stall a clutch-less and kill

button-less bike some day.

While you are at it, have PMB show you how to bump start a Recluse clutched and flooded moto.

DSCN09541000w-L.jpg

In the category of Good Karma, Bad Karma; As the group flowed into Benton at the end a challenging and Remote adventure, the Bagstr chops the

throttle from 65 on the pavement. The day is done, important deeds performed, a well earned celebration at hand. Nope, the motor goes stone dead!

Roll to a stop at the cafe, key off and on, crank, start. The motor momentarily revs out and seems fine. Then nada, never to restart. If I thought a higher

being was watching and controlling my life, I would think this event is my reward for the hubris of congratulating myself for a hard day well done. Since

I don't, I must be very lucky to have avoided this failure 35 miles from the pavement. That would have been a tough situation. PMB can confirm the thought.

R.J. is on the case. .

As a side note my month old Earth X lithium Iron battery did not hold up well the the abuse of hard cranking and possible short circuit. Overnight the

battery dropped to 9 Vdc and has not recovered. Once home, I tried to recharge on the bench and no luck. EarthX is sending a replacement. Cathy

tells me they got a bad batch of batteries from the supplier. Approximately 30% of the individual cells were bad. Another thing I do not want to think about

out in the wilds!

DSCN09281000w-L.jpg

We had company just up from the camp

DSCN09561000w-L.jpg

"The stone that the builder refuse

Will always be the head cornerstone"

what a cool trip! :ph34r: