Daniel

Replacement emissions sticker?

Has anyone successfully gotten a replacement emissions sticker for their bikes? I picked up an Honda Hawk(NT650) but the emissions sticker is no more, and I'm gonna have trouble registering the bike. The odometer was replaced so it only shows 3500 miles, and when I went to AAA they even said if it was over 7500 it doesn't matter and I'd need a 49 state sticker, which seems to go against what I've read that says 7500+ is emissions free. Anyone have any insight here? I love the fact that I've found a bike that fits me, and doesn't have too much power to get me in trouble.

some parts manuals/catalogs have all the stickers included with OEM P/Ns. go to one of the Honda parts suppliers on line and look up the bike and see if they list the stickers. If so you can order a sticker from Honda.

begin research here.

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/l/hon/50540d83f870021c54bed94a/1991-nt650-ac-parts

some parts manuals/catalogs have all the stickers included with OEM P/Ns. go to one of the Honda parts suppliers on line and look up the bike and see if they list the stickers. If so you can order a sticker from Honda.

begin research here.

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/l/hon/50540d83f870021c54bed94a/1991-nt650-ac-parts

Yeah, there are some stickers listed, but I don't think they are the emissions one unfortunately. And I've called 2 dealers and they are unable to help as well.

Where was it registered before?

The Hawk is a classic cult bike. If I were wver to get a street bike I would look for one. I thought they were all 50 state legal? They were only produced 86-88 right?

Where was it registered before?

The Hawk is a classic cult bike. If I were wver to get a street bike I would look for one. I thought they were all 50 state legal? They were only produced 86-88 right?

It was previously registered here in CA, then the guy moved to NV. They did see registration from 1994-2004 in the system for CA apparently. AFAIK they are all 50-state, though the 6th place in the vin is 3 for CA emissions. I think 88-91? I'm short, it's short, it's a match made in heaven.

A friend could always link you to the part with the emissions sticker on it for sale on ebay. :coolio:

A friend could always link you to the part with the emissions sticker on it for sale on ebay. :coolio:/>

I don't know how you found one and I didn't. My google-fu is usually pretty good.

I just went threw this on my suzuki gsxr no manufacture will give you the stickers you have to go to DMV get a referral to chp and the chp office off greenfield will have to clear it and hopefully the state does I'm waiting for my title from the state

If it becomes an issue, have one made. A graphics shop could pop you out a replica sticker in a jiffy. Could'nt cost too much.

See if you can get a photo of one to supply to your graphic designer, have them make it, slap it on the appropriate spot, rub a little grease on it and call it a day.

I wouldn't suggest making one for a bike that didn't come street legal from the factory as that would be a crime and we all know crime sucks.

I have contacted KTM for replacement stickers. They do not replace them and I am sure the other manufactures do not as well. Putting a "home made" sticker on is against the law and you could end up in jail. :torch:/>

Buy a used speedometer and swap for a day?....I think you are correct in it only needing 7500 miles to register. Then you wouldn't need the 50-state sticker at all.

Buy a used speedometer and swap for a day?....I think you are correct in it only needing 7500 miles to register. Then you wouldn't need the 50-state sticker at all.

Problem with that is you still need a sticker that says it is 49 state approved... Its my understanding that there is no sticker there at all.

The emissions sticker is located on the rear fender, have you checked there? You can see it here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Hawk-GT-NT650-Undertail-Rear-Fender-Battery-Tool-Tray-/300980551343?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4613d6beaf&vxp=mtr

Sorry I didn't follow up - I was able to get a replacement rear subfender with a CA sticker and took it back to a different AAA and was ok! Love the new bike!