Beautiful day out at ABSDP. Got in some great riding. GoPro mem card got corrupt so no long videos. not long after turning around on Rodriguez I found a downed tree that someone tried to clear with a couple of rachet straps. So I went around it. Everything else was clear to Oriflamme. Sand was slightly wet at Canyon Sin Nombre and everywhere else. So dust was minimal. As the evening progressed things got ugly. About 1/3 of the eastbound 78 got washed out and took a truck with it. I was heading westbound from Glamis towards OcWells and at the Customs checkpoint they told me to be careful heading westbound to look for mud. Caltrans was on the seen and let me pass while cars were turned around. About 20-30 telephone poles were down onthe southside of the 78. But once past the blue in the road was clear cept for a few spots that were slightly washed with mud and debris. From Ranger to Shellreef Expressway at night wasnt much fun when hitting the washes. So I opted to sleep in my own bed and got home around midnight. All in all a pretty mellow ride. Goodtimes.

post-15232-059530600 1377472837_thumb.jp

post-15232-065642400 1377472849_thumb.jp

post-15232-050542700 1377472862_thumb.jp

post-15232-036256500 1377472886_thumb.jp

post-15232-064601300 1377472906_thumb.jp

post-15232-051300600 1377472978_thumb.jp

post-15232-055806100 1377473028_thumb.jp

post-15232-087940800 1377473046_thumb.jp

post-15232-010282700 1377473122_thumb.jp

post-15232-051287800 1377473135_thumb.jp

post-15232-032821100 1377473148_thumb.jp

post-15232-003016200 1377473172_thumb.jp

post-15232-050113400 1377473186_thumb.jp

post-15232-074500700 1377473211_thumb.jp

Great shot! Too bad those big bikes won't do the desert....king.gif ....with me on 'em.

post-15232-003016200%201377473172_thumb.jpg

+2 - That is a great photo - Bike looks really good.

Hats off for heading out and making some fun adventure by yourself :D

And to think I knew Slaugo when he rode skinny bikes! He's hit the big time now..... Don't forget us little bike guys, OK? :heh:

That is one bad ass looking KLR! I stole a pic from this awesome report to show a buddy of mine in AZ who just won't pull the trigger on a KLR. This may inspire him to finally do so. Thanks for the pics!

Great shot! Too bad those big bikes won't do the desert....king.gif ....with me on 'em.

Thanks Ken. If you look at the tracks in the pic Ken, You'll see that I didnt sink that much do to the moisture in the sand. Pretty much any bike rides well in packed sand. One of the reasons I went out that weekend. Kinda bummed my GoPro card got corrupt. But it happens. I spent way to much time trying to reset it and lost daylight for a bit.

Jealous! Thanks for the write up and pics Scott,

Were you flying? Cause if you were I'm Jealous.

And to think I knew Slaugo when he rode skinny bikes! He's hit the big time now..... Don't forget us little bike guys, OK? :heh:/>/>

:coolio:/>/> LOL, the KLR is a small bike Charlie.....It just weighs more than most BIG bikes........:heh:/>/>

doctor z

Awesome Scott! Good job.

Thanks man. Dude where have you been? Lets ride sometime!

paulmbowers

This one.

Great image.

Kewl, didnt get my panties in a bunch either......:D/>

Riggerdan

+1

Not quite the Scenery as the Miss America show but it'll work. Thanks.

Avocado

+2 - That is a great photo - Bike looks really good.

Hats off for heading out and making some fun adventure by yourself

Thanks, one of the better solo rides I've had. Most def an adventure.

poboyblues

That is one bad ass looking KLR! I stole a pic from this awesome report to show a buddy of mine in AZ who just won't pull the trigger on a KLR. This may inspire him to finally do so. Thanks for the pics!

Hey thanks. Which picture did you show him. The KLR is what it is, but you can also make it more than it is very easily. I have less than $800 in Farkles and all the help from Eagle Mike that I can get. And it has 5.5K on it and I'm just getting used to it. I might start going fast on it soon. Suspension is stick and prolly is the first thing I should have saved. @over 450lbs and about 39 HP its limited to single ruts or bumps. Any series of bumps and it doesnt safely track with speed. So it slows it down a bit. But itll get up and go on most fireroads. 250-300 miles per tank. I'm on the third set of tires and the stock chain and sprockets still look great. Front pads will prolly get changed soon from late breaking on the twisties. All in All it goes where I've pointed it.

Dont know if this link will work but if it does it shows some of the damage i saw on my late night return trip.

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=417516798359414

he should have also filmed/posted the pole line down for a one mile stretch right after that, couple dozen poles in a row broken clean 5 or 6 feet from the ground that was pretty crazy too

Yeah it's so odd, because I didn't experience the 60 mile an hour winds that some did. So I'm not sure if it was a straight line wind or if that much water was going thru that did it. I find it hard to believe that a wall of debris was that wide.

I pilfered 2 photos.....you know the ones with the desert in the background. HA! I took the 5th one down from the top and the 7th one down from the top. I'd like to ride that thing....just curious about it. I'd bet it's a fun ride. It looks awesome.

I pilfered 2 photos.....you know the ones with the desert in the background. HA! I took the 5th one down from the top and the 7th one down from the top. I'd like to ride that thing....just curious about it. I'd bet it's a fun ride. It looks awesome.

Come out on a ride sometime and ride it like you stole it. It's prolly 39 hp or below with a couple of simple mods but the fuel economy is still just below 60. Unless the rear wheel is spini g a lot. Stock suspension still. Had almost 90 pounds of gear on this ride. So it's a mule for sure. Simple but efficient. Ill beef up the suspension. Next and it should be able to track better and allow for some speed. Prolly the most Agravating thing about the bike is its Inability to track over bumps, ruts and combinations of unsettledness.

It does however make up for it on the road where it handles the twisties well enough for my fix. There's some videos (long) on YouTube he can look at if you think they might help him decide

Search on you tube for slaugo and send him a link. Hope that helps..

Thanks so much for the info! I will come out on a ride. I look everyday for postings and my schedule seems to never coordinate with what's happening. I go out alone often, and have been exploring the Santa Ysabel TT area lately. I am new to riding the dualsport roads around San Diego county. It's hard to find out where everyone goes....

When's the next outing on the KLR? Maybe we can hook up for a put..... I'll take the GS.

Mike