Guest Crusty

Jeff Alessi caught shinning a laser in RV's eyes

Guest Crusty

Exactly- I read Jeff's first statement on an MXsite; he denied everything thing, rambled like he was on crack, grammar and spelling nightmare...

Jeff was home schooled by his father, someone else wrote his apology.king.gif

Exactly- I read Jeff's first statement on an MXsite; he denied everything thing, rambled like he was on crack, grammar and spelling nightmare...

Jeff was home schooled by his father, someone else wrote his apology.king.gif

right... which makes it even LESS sincere. If he had scripted a poorly worded, profanity laced, spelling challenged SINCERE apology, it might mean something

let me take a stab at it

Sorry I was such such a douche but i was playing arounf with this lazer and just for fun I shined it at villapoto, and I saw him look away and I thought did he actually see it so I did it one more time then I put it down. and then. somebody toll on me and they took my lazer and I new I was busted but was so emabarased I tried to deny it and that was just week on my part I should act like a man and take respon...respond,.,,, I know what I did, and it was dum so I will say I am sorry to everybody and take my suspension like a man... Also Mike had nothing to do with it. and sorry about threatening to elbow the reporter in the face. and sorry to moto-concepts- I understand if you fire me. and sorry to my dad, but really... he kind of made me this way but I should grow up and now I'll do that. and I should ride motorcycles more and shine lazer s less. sorry again

Guest Crusty

here's genova's press release. he prolly didnt write this either

Spokane, WA July 23, 2013 – MotoConcepts team owner, Mike Genova has issued the following statement regarding the laser pen incident that occurred at Washougal National involving Jeff Alessi.

“I am saddened and disappointed by the conduct of Jeff Alessi at the Washougal race this past weekend. Through thorough investigation, MX Sports was able to conclude that Jeff Alessi is guilty of the allegations brought against him regarding possession and use of a laser pen during the parade lap and prior to the start of the first 450 moto. While Jeff is not an employee of, or contracted with MCR in any way, his actions became a direct reflection on the team. As owner of MCR, I offer my sincere condolences to Malcolm Stewart and Ryan Villopoto for Jeff’s unethical and unacceptable actions all while wearing an MCR shirt. Though Mike Alessi, Tony Alessi nor myself were involved with, or had any knowledge of Jeff’s planned use of the laser pen or his intentions , as a team we offer our deepest regrets and apologies to all those tied to this incident.”

“Regarding Tony Alessi’s conduct this weekend, MCR is responsible for his actions while representing the team. I do not support or condone Tony’s behavior or words and I take full responsibility and ownership of the situation. Internal penalties have been imposed by MCR resulting in Tony’s suspension for the remainder of the outdoor motocross series in conjunction with the suspension from MX Sports. While I am upset and unhappy with Tony’s conduct, I believe Tony and company to be good people who made poor choices.”

“In effort to continue supporting MX Sports, MCR sponsors and fans, MCR will fulfill its commitment to attend all of the remaining 2013 motocross races. Unfortunately, due to a prior commitment I will not be attending this weekend’s Spring Creek National in Millville, MN.

“We hope Mike Alessi and MCR fans will continue to support the team in the future.

Thank you,

Mike Genova

While I am upset and unhappy with Tony's conduct, I believe Tony and company to be good people who made poor choices."

So- what would make a "bad" person if we are not defined by our choices and our conduct? By this justification, Hitler could be a "good person who made bad choices".

I mean, this is not a Hitler-level issue, but I really dislike that particular moral justification.

A bad choice might be slipping a cuss word in front of a lady or a child. A bad choice might be raising one's voice when it's uncalled for. A bad choice might be painting a KTM pink.

But using a phony badge to gain access to a restricted area to shine a laser in the eyes of a rider from an opposing team? Then threaten physical violence to those who'd call you on your actions?

Is that really the action of "good people"?

Arrogance and hubris.

PS: "while wearing a MCR shirt". If only he'd worn a SDAR shirt- then it'd be ok.

A bad choice might be painting a KTM pink.

Unless its ridden by a hot chick in a pink tu tu

pinkktm_zpse02e6427.png

Guest Crusty

Conspiracy.

JA. Was trying to help Dungy win a moto.

RV got a bad start and would have won with 2 more laps.

PS: "while wearing a MCR shirt". If only he'd worn a SDAR shirt- then it'd be ok.

Thats why I stock on up on them

This interview was shot on Friday, July 19th - just one day before LaserGate

Now that his dad and brother are banned from the events for the rest of the year (and his dad is allegedly banned from the team) I wonder if Mike will ever break away and find his own path. His childhood rival Ryan Villopoto did and look how his career has turned out...

I wonder if Mike will ever break away and find his own path.

Selling bikes at a dealership soon.

Here is some insight to the Alessi Family dynamics.

MA800 comes on around 1:30 in this video.

His father - "The management of you know, young athletes is a huge effort. It's a harder job than anything that has to do with motorcycle racing or training or any of that"

His girlfriend isn't too much help in this video either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hubc0lg48Z4

This video talks about coaching vs parenting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPX7CmNWuAg

I'm not a parent but I've seen plenty. Unlike many sports where there may be an excessive parent or two, motocross is hard because to get to the elite level families have to sacrifice everything to support the kid. Tony states in this interview that he quit his job, cashed in his 401k, sold the house and moved everybody to the middle of the desert where they could train and Mike could practice. His story of family sacrifice is not unique in motocross. This past year's season of The Moto: Inside the Outdoors showcased the huge sacrifices families make to send their sons racing.

To sacrifice a whole family's security to try and fulfill one members shot at a career is irresponsible. I hope my oldest gets into sports but I will not destroy my other two kids futures to make that happen. Maybe it was to hard to try and be a normal father with the every day grind of helping the kids getting an education. I am sure there is some self fulfilling ambitions in there.

Funny thing is Jeff was actually the golden child until a huge crash ruined him. He was a much more talented rider than Mike. I think he has a tough time dealing with it . Not making excuses for him just filling in some blanks