Guest Crusty

Jeff Alessi caught shinning a laser in RV's eyes

Then he blamed it on his girlfriend...what a douchbag

I hope the fact that he is wearing a Dodgers hat doesn't tarnish the Dodger fan image.....bigeyed.png

MX Sports isn't joking around with their punishments

The Alessi Files

Then he blamed it on his EX-girlfriend...what a douchbag I hope the fact that he is wearing a Dodgers hat doesn't tarnish the Dodger fan image.....bigeyed.png

When in doubt, blame everything on the ex-girlfriend haha

Dodgers hat and probably wearing a Raiders shirt under his team uniform :ph34r:/>

Goofy...that is VERY creative! :D

post-13832-099886600 1374600990_thumb.jpShould of knocked PUNK ASS hat off his face.........

Great post, thanks for sharing........Ride Red!

Shame that a privilege like they had wasn't appreciated.

Punishment was way too light IMHO.

Agreed. I did not understand the father wanting to press charges stating that his sons were assaulted. Obviously their problems come from the top.

To me it looks like they got off easy. Those asshats could've ended the careers of Villapoto and J. Stewart.

Agreed. I did not understand the father wanting to press charges stating that his sons were assaulted. Obviously their problems come from the top.

Yup, Pops has had the same ol intimation M.O. For years. Sad really that his kids grew up around him!

But they've had issues as a family and against other racers for years. They finally got caught is all.

LOL, funny but sad. So sad that Motocross has to deal with this. But deal with it they should, and quickly.

This was such a great year for the Tour De France. A great comeback from the Armstrong epic fail.

Perhaps Motocross well have such a year next year. Or for the rest of this season for that matter.

Felony type behavior should be treated as such.

Heard Mike A's team called it quits? Anyone else hear the same. Those boys are ruined fo life, they need to re-group and start life all over again with their Dad in therapy.

If Tony A can't see what he's done to his sons, then there's no hope for any of the A-team.

Prolly residual from drinking the Orange Coolaid :P

cant blame Darth his laser is red...the one in question was.....Green.

Hmm Green Lantern perhaps or just Villopoto drinking too much green coolaid...or green flash ale... (I know Mookie Stewart reported it too and it was a green monster flash)

rules were broken (and the actual Wa. state law concerning lasers) fines are to be paid, bans are to be served, no one was injured, I think its done and done, gotta feel for Mike Alessi...as long as he didnt know his bro was clowning around with that thing.

Dress4Less - the video and picture are pretty funny indeed but I cannot take credit for them - I found them on VitalMX. Vital is a place for race fanatics to go nuts on rumors/gossip/news etc. For the most part, there is a lot of Alessi hatred on that forum and it shows ha.

Over the past couple of years Mike Alessi seems (to me) to have matured. This showed in the many interviews he had last MX season (when he came in 2nd place in the championship behind Ryan Dungey). He may have been a dick in his past but he was also very young and under the strong control of an overbearing father. In those interviews he seemed humbled by his past mistakes and thankful for the opportunity to be on the Moto-Concepts team. Tony Alessi has always been on an ego trip and is a absolute control freak. Yes, Mike hires his father and brother to be apart of his team but there are some seriously strange father/son & racer/manager relations going on.

Mike Geneova, the owner of Moto-Concepts has been putting some serious coin into the sport (money which outside of energy drink sponsorships seems to be dwindling) and it would be a shame to see them pack up leave. Currently there is no direct evidence to suggest that Mike Alessi nor Geneova knew of what Jeff "Laser" Alessi was doing.

IMO Mike Geneova should "release" Tony and Jeff Alessi (they can't even attend a race the rest of the season anyways) and go racing with Mike Alessi. This would help save the team's face and provide path moving forward. Most people don't seem to have hate for Moto-Concepts but many loathe Tony Alessi (now Jeff too).

I feel sorry for Mike. For one, he doesn't have the courage to get out of path of the trainwreck his dad/brother are and secondly, his moto season is ruined if his team shuts down for the season because of this. The Alessis have burned bridges at the big factory teams and there are few private teams throwing money into the sport. Sure Moto-Concepts could leave for Europe or Canada but that would basically mean the end of Mike Alessi's American career.

From what I've read, Moto-Concepts is indeed folding for the rest of the season. To me, this shows the control Tony Alessi has over the team and it's a shame for Mike Alessi's career. Mike should roll with his Suzuki in a van to the next race and keep racing. It'd do wonders for his image and respectability - not to mention prove that he can for once, get out of his father's dark shadow.

Take his van and go racing? I agree, I'd pay to see him do that. I'd even donate to his cause to see him break free from his Dad. Seen it done before by a man. He just needs to decide if he's that man.

Guest Crusty

Jeff's apology....

Hey guys,

I'm here to inform all of you that I am responsible for the incident that happened this weekend at Washougal national. As many of you know a green laser went across Ryan Villopoto and Malcolm Stewart before the start of the first moto. I was the person who did that and I would like to say to those two riders that I am very sorry for causing any distraction to them before the start of the race. I had no intent to harm either rider or affect their results.

I would also like to extend my sincere apologies to Steve Matthes who had to hear the wrath of my father who was defending me with the thought that I was innocent because I told him a story to make him think I wasn't guilty, and also for saying what I said to him during the confrontation.

To my brother, my father, and Mike Genova, words cannot describe the pain and shame I have to live with right now knowing the problems I caused for all of you and the rest of the team. I know how hard you work Mike800, and how you've made your one goal to stay out of drama and just race and try to show the masses that you are a great rider that loves racing.

When I sit here and think about what I did and what it caused I feel like I ruined EVERYTHING you spent the last 5 years building on, and I am so sorry brother because you don't deserve any of this.

To my dad, thanks for standing up for me and showing me you would take that bullet for me. I shouldn't have told you a story when you looked at me and asked what I did. I should've just told you the truth but I couldn't because I was terrified and scared and what came out instead was little and low and you still believed me because that's what you do when your kids say something. I was so dumb.

Mike Genova, what can I say other than you tried getting me back on track here and wanted me to make a difference and I didn't make any difference except cost you a lot of people's respect they had started having for you. You're like my second father, and just like my dad I lied to you too, and you defended me against it all and I'm here to finally give up my story and come clean and tell you I was standing in the grass with a $12 dollar laser acting like a five-year-old, doing childish pranks and it all came down on your team and my brother. I'm really sorry, Mike. I thought I had changed and I made an effort prior to that mistake to do nothing wrong all week and try to help but I stopped thinking and I'm truly sorry.

My last apology I will end with is to the man who did his job and found me when I was doing something wrong, Davey Coombs. I am so sorry I had to put you in that situation that you had to spend important time looking for who was causing the big problem. I know how disappointed you were when you found out I was the one with the device and you had to do what you did, but I also want you to know I never thought you were rough with me, you were just doing your job.

To everyone else, the Monster Energy Kawasaki team, JGR, the Stewart family; MotoConcept team members Vince Freise, James, Dave Dye, Daniel Castloo, Shauna Genova and Sandy Genova; I'm sorry for the outcome of this, it was never my intentions and I will work hard to learn from all of this and return to a professional human that uses his brain before making actions.

To the motorcycle community, I hope this does not reflect who I am because I'm not the person it looks like I am right now and I will try and prove that in the future.

Jeff Alessi

Bob Filner should learn a lesson from Jeff .

CiD

Find a good lawyer to craft your Mea Culpa statement?

"should learn a lesson from" CID

Whoa, very few lessons learned in today's world. It is Every man and woman for themselves.

Which, is a large part of the attraction to our little group, San Diego Adventure Riders. "Wait at the turns, No one gets left behind."

My personal favorite when I showed up at the Pinyon Canyon trail head on a Too Large 990. Brad - "Don't worry, we will get you through."

I know I keep repeating this story.

Learning lessons, that is for little kids, They watch their parents, brothers and sisters, teachers. Evidently this young kid has a great

example in his father. Tough duty to walk away and start a different path.

This week, I personally will start a once a week tradition of marking "What have I learned this week." Wish me luck.

So far I have learned - Don't shine green lazers in racer's eyes. Don't put my hands On women who are not my wife.

party.gif

To the motorcycle community, I hope this does not reflect who I am because I'm not the person it looks like I am right now and I will try and prove that in the future.

I call BS right here.

He still has not come to grips with who he is or has become. He's still in denial and in some sort of fantasyland about his actions.

I'm a big fan of redemption and of personal struggles to overcome adversity. But first, one needs to be straight with oneself. Our behaviors define us, and this stunt defined "who he [is]". Everybody makes a mistake now and then- I was late for a ride this weekend. I hate being late- still bugs me.

But his actions were not a mistake- it was premeditated, calculated and destructive. It took energy and planning to do it. This is not the result of a bad day, or an uncontrolled impulse. He knew when he took those actions he risked dire consequences for his family. In my opinion, he knew he'd be caught- think about it. A laser is an easy thing to trace back to its source- it (literally) draws a line to the user. This is not a bad choice on his part- it's a purposeful one. Granted, perhaps subconsciously, but there are many ways he could mess with the competitors without being caught. He didn't choose any of those- he picked the one that almost guaranteed his exposure.

Might he be better?

I think everyone hopes so.

Bob Filner should learn a lesson from Jeff .

CiD

Find a good lawyer to craft your Mea Culpa statement?

Exactly- I read Jeff's first statement on an MXsite; he denied everything thing, rambled like he was on crack, grammar and spelling nightmare...

Don't forget- he threatened to elbow the face of a REPORTER! The guy didn't even make an accusation; just tweeted what he learned (which was accurate)

He didn't learn anything...he saw that there were repercussions to his actions, and saw the family's golden goose threatened

I call BS right here.

He still has not come to grips with who he is or has become. He's still in denial and in some sort of fantasyland about his actions.

I'm a big fan of redemption and of personal struggles to overcome adversity. But first, one needs to be straight with oneself. Our behaviors define us, and this stunt defined "who he [is]". Everybody makes a mistake now and then- I was late for a ride this weekend. I hate being late- still bugs me.

But his actions were not a mistake- it was a premeditated, calculated and destructive. It took energy and planning to do it. This is not the result of a bad day, or an uncontrolled impulse. He knew when he took those actions he risked dire consequences for his family. In my opinion, he knew he'd be caught- think about it. A laser is an easy thing to trace back to its source- it (literally) draws a line to the user. This is not a bad choice on his part- it's a purposeful one. Granted, perhaps subconsciously, but there are many ways he could mess with the competitors without being caught. He didn't choose any of those- he picked the one that almost guaranteed his exposure.

Might he be better?

I think everyone hopes so.

You were late? I didn't even notice