bikeslut

axel bought another bike

Who is George?

my favorite local suspension guy... well; actually my ONLY suspension guy

"suspenders" on this forum... lives 2 miles from my house, and has done the suspension on a few of my bikes, and a lot of other members

he also did some other light mechanical work on my bikes, because he's just awesome like that

x2 for George, i watched him rebuild my wp shock and i couldnt beleive how much effort he put into it, every step of the way.

im waiting to be able to ride the bike to do a full post on that, since he let me take notes/pics to make a "how-to" to help sdar members who want to tackle the job on their own!

Great to have someone local who really knows his stuff and gives amazing service/work for the price!!!

+5 stars for Suspension 101's George Spinalli, San Diego is fortunate to have a local independent offroad suspension nice guy guru.

plus he's Italian (hahaha).

plus he's Italian (hahaha).

I always assumed he was filipino... huh... learn something new every day

Axel dropped off this poor pumpkin in my garage yesterday. At least the birds seem to like it.

20130714_165301_zps48449db3.jpg

Anyway, it needs some TLC. A few spokes missing, no chain, the wiring is a bit hacked up, no side stand, gas tank has something growing in it, etc. He wants to make it into a single track machine.

Stock gearing is 14/48, anyone with a 525MXC running lower gearing or is this thing geared pretty low as is? I was considering ordering up a 13/49 combo.

I know KTM kick stands aren't much good but he wants something to hold it up in the garage and on the trail. Buy a stock one, or get aftermarket?

Anyone have a wiring diagram, or a link to one?

That should keep me busy for a while, thanks!

13 52 gears

13 50 on the enduro model

13 52 gears

13 50 on the enduro model

That's quite a jump from stock gearing. He has already bought a stock sized chain, so I am probably stuck at 13/49 or maybe 12/48?

12 tooth will work fine. I ran one for a long time on an "XC" model like that one to get 1st low enough for single track. i usually just get a 120 link chain and cut to fit the gearing and try and get the wheel as far back as possible in the swingarm for hillclimbs.

unfortunately the MXC models have the tall gearing so you will have to work on the external gear ratios or learn to use the clutch a lot.

12 tooth will work fine. I ran one for a long time on an "XC" model like that one to get 1st low enough for single track. i usually just get a 120 link chain and cut to fit the gearing and try and get the wheel as far back as possible in the swingarm for hillclimbs.

unfortunately the MXC models have the tall gearing so you will have to work on the external gear ratios or learn to use the clutch a lot.

12/48 works out mathematically the same as 13/52 (.250) so I'll probably go that route for him. Thanks!

Found an online manual and got the E-start working. The wiring was a pretty bad hack job, when I'm done it will be upgraded to a decent hack job. I'm sure Axel will be happy for saving his kicking leg from abuse.