HVYWT

Spin off ... What have you Hit ?

For me as soon as started to post I thought ,Where do I even start?

The Deer post is what started it .

Start with- Deer it is 2009 going through Wynola. A buddy and I took an after noon/eve ride , I came around nice hair pin with berry bushes and the buck didn't stop there :heh:. Luckily he jump and when we hit I won . It seemed to be in sloooow mooo. He looked right at me as my handle bars went between his front and rear legs into his ribs. I'm thinking I'm going to be impaled ( was a nice 4 points ) and then we are going down. But to my surprise he goes spinning&flipping down the road and I'm left upright.I not to sure if you could of pried my "starfish" off the seat at that time :o Then I got off the bike to check to see how bad his was. Being from Ramona I'm thinking what goes good with deer, because this thing hit hard . As I start dragging it off the road my buddy shows up and it was the scene from Tommy Boy. I think this thing is going to return the favor and run me over. I have it by the antlers and his four legs are going 8 ways trying to stand on the back top.

I hate to say it but they are many more !!!!!!

Seen plenty of deer. Hit a bird, rabbits and anti freeze.....the last made me go down on 15 on ramp years ago.

A friend has hit 2 coyotes each time causing him to go down.

Another friend hit an Antelope in Nevada....he went down also.

I hit one each of the pics below, the wild Fairmont came out of a driveway and made a left in front of me, the domesticated Afghan Hound ran out of between 2 parked cars on Wisconson St. in Oceanside. The Fairmont survived but I think I killed the Afghan, It hobbled off down an alley yelping and making all sorts of strange noises! I also came around a corner once and low sided in a lot of dirt and very little grass because the home owner felt he needed to mow the dirt in his front yard! Those were my 3 big street incidents.

1980_Ford_Fairmont_3_zpse20fa4ac.jpg

1600x1200_afghan-hound_zps627ecb54.jpg

Oh bummer.....car and a dog.

I forgot....hit a car once but it was minor, only broke my wrist.

Another long time ago somebody's front lawn jumped out in front of me and I went down in the grass.

Ford Contour.

Making a u-turn on the East Grade on a blind curve. I ended up laying across the hood, beating and breaking the windshield trying to punch the driver.

I kicked a deer one time, and it jumped up and twisted back so that it only hit my elbow. Does that count? :unsure:

Turkey - in the middle of the day -By Julian.

Coming into the shade on 78/79 a slight right handder, and they is a herd of Turkey's on both sides of road and one in the middle. They all fly up, if that is what you call it and scare me pretty good. Those things are big when they are on your gas tank flapping in your face. No one hurt but surely surprised.

My buddy hit a skunk and got goodies on me and my bike. That was special , it some how got on my exhaust and took along time to go a way. It is not some thing that just washes off.

I kicked a deer one time, and it jumped up and twisted back so that it only hit my elbow. Does that count? :unsure:/>

That is way to close.

A skunk hit me a couple of years ago on a night ride. Ran right out into my front wheel. I couldn't see whether he actually made contact with it or not, as it was mighty dark out....but I could definitely tell that he marked the front wheel. :bad:

Reminds me of a thread on ADV....bit of a long read but a great story.

ADV LINK

That was a hard read, but a lesson to all of us about how quick things can change.

CiD

Hit a pit bull on Mesa Grande about .5 north of Black Canyon. It put a pretty good dent in my header and messed the dog up pretty badly. The header was replaced. I assume the dog was, too.