Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

Eagle Mike's KLR Tech Day

Eagle Mike showed off his new shop in El Cajon on Saturday. About 20-25 showed up to swap and share stuff all KLR and Mike helping out with some good wrenching. I saw a frame bolt mod, valve adjust, new DoHickey installed and a few other things. AS always Mike puts on a great lunch with everyone donating a little to help out. I met three San Diego KLR riders that I gave info to the SDAR web site. There were riders from OC and Arizona too. Here are a few photos of the get together.

Mike giving some hands on.

DSCN6657_zps16909c2c.jpg

eagle2_zpsdf263457.jpg

eagle4_zpsa73e1d76.jpg

Nice early KLR all the way from Arizona.

eagle3_zpsadfd8c8e.jpg

Doing the DO upgrade.

DSCN6656_zps34627d21.jpg

Valve adjustment.

DSCN6655_zps08e5769b.jpg

DSCN6659_zps1beb9d5b.jpg

Thanks Mike for hosting a great event.

that blue and white oldie looks great with the 18" front, and it's a pre-90 I think! nice

Kelly! Why did I not see you?

Attended the Eagle Mike mini tech day in El Cajon but didn't work on my bike--just socialized with fellow KLRistas and bought some EM goodies. Hey to Sal, JD, Matt, Chris and the others. Chuck and Mike were walking some KLR riders through a doohickey and valve check. As well as just being the super nice guys they are.nice.gif

I enjoyed hanging out and talking KLR stuff with some really cool guys there. Some from OC and the Inland Empire. cheers.gif

Sal gave me a deal on some tunes and helped me dial in my suspension (to 5 from 1 them back to 3...perfect).

Here are some photos.

post-14554-077672900 1369753319_thumb.jp

post-14554-094857600 1369753350_thumb.jp

post-14554-002622400 1369753411_thumb.jp

Kelly! Why did I not see you?

Attended the Eagle Mike mini tech day in El Cajon but didn't work on my bike--just socialized with fellow KLRistas and bought some EM goodies. Hey to Sal, JD, Matt, Chris and the others. Chuck and Mike were walking some KLR riders through a doohickey and valve check. As well as just being the super nice guys they are.nice.gif

I enjoyed hanging out and talking KLR stuff with some really cool guys there. Some from OC and the Inland Empire. cheers.gif

Sal gave me a deal on some tunes and helped me dial in my suspension (to 5 from 1 them back to 3...perfect).

Here are some photos.

Dan, don't know? I was there for coffee and donuts and left after lunch. Rode my 1993 KLR.

KLRs are special and unique bikes - full of strengths and fraught with a few weaknesses that have been Identified. With an inexpensive KLR and a couple tech days you will have a very reliable and capable machine. It may not be as nimble and sexy as many, however few are as faithful and dependable! Glad to see Left Coast KLRs and the tech days are still going strong.

Sorry couldn't find Eagle Mikes new address. Thought I saw it posted on SDAR? A little help please. Thanks in advance.

Sorry couldn't find Eagle Mikes new address. Thought I saw it posted on SDAR? A little help please. Thanks in advance.

380 Vernon Way, El Cajon 92020

Thanks for your help. You would t happen to know the hours of operation and or the phone number would you? Sorry should have asked before. Thanks in advance.

Just got Home from Eagle Mike's. He hooked me up with parts, knowledge and a new outlook on the Human race......Even if you dont have a KLR you gotta buy something from a guy who gives so much to the community. Everything I've heard is more than true about this Motorcycle rider supporter. I'll be going back soon.

Thanks for your help. You would t happen to know the hours of operation and or the phone number would you? Sorry should have asked before. Thanks in advance.

Definitely call before you go to make sure hes there. Eerything is on his site (phone at bottom of page): http://www.eaglemike.com (make sure you're on the full site/non mobile)

Thanks, I kept getting his old addy. Prolly chase of my 99.9 % reliable I-phone 5......lol

Thanks, I kept getting his old addy. Prolly chase of my 99.9 % reliable I-phone 5......lol

its not the phone its the mobile site redirection. So yea, click on "full site" at the bottom of page to get the full site, or just check it on a computer

Yeah I reset my I phone and its good now. Happens about once a year. Makes me feel like I'm in the twilight zone. It's all good now. I made it. Thanks