Guest Crusty

2013 KTM RECALL

The real problem here is that the dude didn't have the sac to hold on and ride it out. The thing will run out of gas sooner or later.

As long as you get the bars, you're in control. Everbody knows this....

Well...he also has two other options- a clutch and a kill switch. I know in the heat of the moment, the kill switch isn't the first reaction, but pulling in the clutch is a pretty good first reaction

Why is the guy that hates KTM so much posting a Re Call?? Nothing to do after watching Supercross and KTM taking a 10th Podium and another 1st place.. Its not like he owns a KTM and gets mail from them.

The recall is for all two stroke models. The video has a fourstroke in it. :coolio:

Guest Crusty

Why is the guy that hates KTM so much posting a Re Call?? Nothing to do after watching Supercross and KTM taking a 10th Podium and another 1st place.. Its not like he owns a KTM and gets mail from them.

Just want to pass the word on, read a long thread on Pro Ride'

Guys kid was seriously injured, Thread ;Too little too late for Threadkill's kid."

I would hate this to happen to my kids!

If I save 1 life from harm it's worth the time.

Other KTM's have also had throttle problems.

I am surprised Dungey has only won 2 races this series, he is a great rider.

Craig

Shiit, my bike needs one of these. surprised they have a problem with the domino throttles, its the same throttle every 2T brand bike uses for the last 20 years. Mines already got almost 100 hrs on it without issues so not too worried but still scary. the old issue was that the cables would pull out of the housings and hang and go WOT. they threaded the cable in at both ends in 2013 but now this issue? the throttle, ignitions, and carbs are made in japan btw.

thank you craig.

The recall is for all two stroke models. The video has a fourstroke in it. :coolio:/>

That's so funny, guess that Honda riders don't know what an amazing 2 stroke sounds like anymore since they gave up as couldn't make a competive bike :)

But nice to see KTM 4 strokes keeping it wide open to win 250 and 450 SX last night.

Guest Crusty

(Quote)Stopped in at NCY and they said 13s so far, but would check our vins to be sure. They confirmed 2 month back order on the parts.

I could never own a bike, that took 2 months to get parts!

I can get parts for all my bikes, even the 91 CR 500 in 3 days or less,

not that they need parts.

(Quote)nornevrider. I feel bad for this guy.

Pretty lame especially I since my bike has not been even started up and the snow is melting. With the Eta of the part being 5/28 i won't be able to ride my bike till the end of June because of my work schedule. I am a little irritated with the whole situation to say the least.

(Quote)Stopped in at NCY and they said 13s so far, but would check our vins to be sure. They confirmed 2 month back order on the parts.

Pretty lame especially I since my bike has not been even started up and the snow is melting. With the Eta of the part being 5/28 i won't be able to ride my bike till the end of June because of my work schedule. I am a little irritated with the whole situation to say the least.

ktm uses the same domino throttle as your cr500. i guess honda would be having this issue too if they still made 2Ts.

Guest Crusty

ktm uses the same domino throttle as your cr500. i guess honda would be having this issue too if they still made 2Ts.

Not so, It's an OEM. Honda part. Honda quality control, on all 6 of my Honda's

They still make parts for my 2Ts without this issue.

Unless KTM uses OEM. Honda parts.heh.gif

well I highly doubt any "OEM" makes all the parts on their bikes. I can tell you that quite a few parts on KTMs are made in Japan and the throttle cables from CR125s and clutch packs from CR125s fit up to my bike. My carb, rims, ignition, its all made in Japan.

Anyway, I spoke to Munn Racing about it, they are shipping an upgrade kit this week free of charge. Glad you posted it even if it was a swipe at KTM. They are taking care of their suppliers problems and hopefully no one is seriously injured in the future. That would be extremely dangerous if your throttle stuck on the face of a jump or the side of a cliff.

Guest Crusty

well I highly doubt any "OEM" makes all the parts on their bikes. I can tell you that quite a few parts on KTMs are made in Japan and the throttle cables from CR125s and clutch packs from CR125s fit up to my bike. My carb, rims, ignition, its all made in Japan.

Anyway, I spoke to Munn Racing about it, they are shipping an upgrade kit this week free of charge. Glad you posted it even if it was a swipe at KTM. They are taking care of their suppliers problems and hopefully no one is seriously injured in the future. That would be extremely dangerous if your throttle stuck on the face of a jump or the side of a cliff.

Sounds good we don't need anymore riders in wheel chairs, riding with a suspect throttle is like playing Russian Roullett,

You do know that KTM does not build the forks, shocks, wheels, axles, triple clamps, ignitions, pistons, cranks, rims, spokes, handlebars, controls, just like every other bike manufacturer out there, don't you? It's all off the shelf stuff offered to them by various companies. Just like Honda and Showa,

Yamaha

and KYB, etc etc. Except Honda designs and builds virtually everything inside the motor, as does Yamaha and Kawasaki. KTM, Sherco, Aprillia, Ducati, Gas Gas, etc etc, do not. They build partial motors and frames, and that's it. The rest is what WP, Wossner, Kehien, has to offer. Speaking of WP, they have not signifigantly updated their forks until 3 years ago. KYB made the SSS forks 7 years ago</span>

Just for grins, I googled Honda mottorcycle recalls...it didn't pull up anything because of spelling, but it asked if I wanted to see the large number of Gold Wings rear brakes catching on fire

A sticky throttle on a dirt bike is a big deal, but so are blazing brakes on a 900 lound luxo-tourer

The internet can find anything you look for...

Just for grins, I googled Honda mottorcycle recalls...it didn't pull up anything because of spelling, but it asked if I wanted to see the large number of Gold Wings rear brakes catching on fire

A sticky throttle on a dirt bike is a big deal, but so are blazing brakes on a 900 lound luxo-tourer

The internet can find anything you look for...

logic doesn't always prevail bob. bike brands are a lot like religions, mine is always the best.

Seems like Crusty is trolling. I did not think this was tolerated. I dont care what brand you ride. If you have ill feeling about a certain brand keep it too yourself. Stop falling into Crusty's trap.

I don't believe he was "JUST" trolling. I think any of us that ride would want to be aware of recalls.

I think ALL manufacturers have them, and they are to fix mistakes.

BUT... the recall wasn't necessarily linked to the video, which is where it went from "legitimate concern for riders" to "sensationalistic troll"

Good to know KTM is fixing their issues...

NOW... can we get Kawasaki to acknowledge the dohickey on EVERY KLR ever built?

sorry... did that sound troll-like?

Guest Crusty

Not trolling at all, just spreading the word.

I would feel really bad if I didn't and people die, or end up in a wheelchair like Threadkill's kid.

The video wasn't a 2T, BUT IT IS AN AWESOME STUCK THROTTLE VIDEO OF A KTM.

It's funny that I found out about this before KTM. owners did.

Craig.