kkug

Ok this should stirr things up a llitle

Ok links don,t work . I will try again .

I think it said Stephen Perier bought Suzuki and is rebranding KTM....lol

Ok this is from Facebook so I guess I can share it --I think ?????????????? :wacko:/> This is from Dealernews and a dealer had it on its Facebook page. Kind of sad ! :(

Publish Date: Mar 20, 2013

By Mary Slepicka.

BREA, Calif. - Suzuki will be culling its U.S. dealer network after its Chapter 11 reorganization is finalized later this month, Dealernews has learned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Terminated dealerships represent '2.5 percent of sales,' says Vandiver. To read, click HERE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dealers this week began receiving letters from American Suzuki Motor Corp. (ASMC) notifying them whether their franchise would be picked up by Suzuki Motor America Inc., which is the name of the reorganized company and designated the "purchaser" in the Chapter 11 filing.

"ASMC is assuming certain dealer agreements and other contracts and assigning them to Purchaser, while the majority of ASMC's remaining contracts will be rejected," states the letter, which was obtained by Dealernews. Dealers whose contracts are not being renewed are being told that their franchise agreements will be rejected and they will no longer be authorized Suzuki dealers as of March 31.

Cancelled dealers have until March 27 to file an "Other Settling Creditor Claim" to receive $10,000 in compensation. Suzuki also stated it will repurchase cancelled dealers' new motorcycle and ATV inventory, plus parts and accessories.

Dealernews has contacted Suzuki for additional information and is awaiting a response. Check back here for further updates.

I think it said Stephen Perier bought Suzuki and is rebranding KTM....lol

Could Happen !

Here try this one.

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews/article/breaking-news-suzuki-begins-cutting-motorcycle-atv-dealers

Heard it on some news outlet somewhere that Suzuki Motors had filed for bankruptcy protection in Santa Ana. The automobile branch of Suzuki Motors really smashed the finances of the company. They filed to liquidate all of the cars and dealers and continue as a motorcycle company alone under the new name. I'd imagine just like GM and Chrysler did with their respective reorganizations Suzuki will also have to trim the underperforming and low volume dealers.

Too bad. Most of the automotive press really liked the Suzuki cars and trucks.

I'd imagine the CARB vs. RMX450Z had a significant role in the bankruptcy filing.

That sucks! for some of the dealerships. I hope that they can hang in. Great bikes!

This only relates to cars. They're cutting dealers to the minimum such that they can still honor warranties on the existing cars. They still plan to expand their motorcycle sales. I'm sure they're cars were at least half-way decent, it's surprising to see them bowing out noting the downturn in the economy and people likely looking for a cheaper alternative to the once-inexpensive Hyundai. But either way, this will only have a net-positive effect on their motorcycle pursuits, as they've said they will redouble their efforts to capture potential profit in that sector.

I read it was cars only as well

I think a model line revamp is in order. A light weight, FI DRZ450 with a good price tag is what's needed! And how about a special edition model with orange accents and model designation orange crush on the side? :heh::rolleyes:

But either way, this will only have a net-positive effect on their motorcycle pursuits, as they've said they will redouble their efforts to capture potential profit in that sector.

I sure hope there is some truth to this. Been 17 years since the DR has had a model change. Would be nice to see something new out of Suzuki even though I love my bike as is.