Sign in to follow this  
Goofy Footer

San Felipe 250 Video Highlights

Very fast turn around for this video. Note the new rule change (in the write up) by SCORE to limit the riders to racing within 500 feet of the main line. SCORE announced this rule the week of this years SF250.

from Enduro 360 Enduro 360 link

Unofficial Results From 2013 San Felipe 250

1. Caselli/Ramirez KTM
  2. Weigand/Udall Honda
  3. Bell/Pearson/Hengeveld Kawasaki

Kurt Caselli and Ivan Ramirez rode a flawless day to put themselves well in front of the pack chasing for the first SCORE win of the season. Team JCR Honda was fast early, but could not hold the pace. Timmy Weigand had a big swap and banged his leg hard, but he did not fall. The THR Kawasaki trio was just a bit off the pace for the day and had to settle for third.

Privateer Kendall Norman was also very fast through parts of the day. Ryan Abbatoye took a short section of the course early in the race. Kendall was on fire when he got the bike back. At the finish, Ryan was aboard the number 14x, having taken the bike back late in the race after Kendall apparently crashed.

The second KTM, led by Mike Brown had a difficult time staying close to the leaders. Mike Brown lost time and was clearly unhappy when he handed the bike to Toby Price. Toby passed three bikes on the course late in the race to make up ground. He looks like a real Baja contender

But we are waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. As the new SCORE organization has made late changes to the rules, dictating that the riders stay within 500 feet of the main line. The teams did not find out about this change until just this week, after many had completed the bulk of their prerunning. So it will be interesting to see what penalties, if any, come out in the final scoring.

Stay tuned for more news on Sunday.

DSC_0646.jpg

DSC_0662.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0968.jpg

DSC_0939.jpg

DSC_0942.jpg

Guest Crusty

Good close race, waiting to see if KTM will get dinged for coarse deviation.

The talk on the internet was of Kawi. filing a protest, the transponder should show any deviation.

When we raced in 2010 I was told to stay within 50 feet of the coarse.

Nice advertising for the Baja Designs lites on team KTM !! :good:

Thanks for the post. Would have been nice to be down there to see it in person.

It was orange, green then red past us. Good stuff...and the crossing at Mexicali was only 25 minutes at 3:30 pm!

Guest Crusty

(quote)Thumper talk.

All i have been reading about is ktm and there big win, and now i see that 1x takes the win?

Ramiraz 2nd and kendall 3rd?

I was in Ron Bishop's shop on Sat. and he was streaming the race...he said that the fastest bike speed of the day was 88 miles an hour and the fastest truck speed of the day was 130 miles and hour. Incredible! :party:

Nice advertising for the Baja Designs lites on team KTM !! :good:/>

I would like to see these work at night. I saw them at the Dash on Hoss 314 and Danriders bikes. I would like to slip 1 in my 690.

Anyone use them at night?

They must work if they are using them.

(quote)Thumper talk.

All i have been reading about is ktm and there big win, and now i see that 1x takes the win?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh the HAVES and HAVENOTS. We have seen your KTM hate in the past...Let it go baby

YES there was course violations and positions changed

On a good note my friends Honda CRFX #9X did very well..AJ Stewart and Justin Great job.

See how you can praise both brands or all brands for great RIDING abilities.

post-596-087997000 1363028443_thumb.jpg

Guest Crusty

(quote)Thumper talk.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh the HAVES and HAVENOTS. We have seen your KTM hate in the past...Let it go baby

YES there was course violations and positions changed

On a good note my friends Honda CRFX #9X did very well..AJ Stewart and Justin Great job.

See how you can praise both brands or all brands for great RIDING abilities.

I don't hate KTM's they just DON'T make a bike that I want!

Honda makes lots!

Honda introduced the CRF 450X in 2005 with very little change it has DOMINATED Baja ever since.

That's IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!

If you look at the entries to see what people chose to race it's 85% CRF 450X

Ktm's are getting better though, too bad they chose to break the rules.

Honda chose to play by the rules.

It was an insurance thing.

The new owner of Score "Roger Norman" insurance only covered 50 feet!!!

I like this rule, they all should race the MAIN LINE.

It makes this race more fair, for all the teams.

Im also glad they finally/officially closed the score rules into a clear status, the old gray interpretation days are gone.

It benefits all (except the line adjusters)especially the private teams that dont have the air resources. Too bad for the Cas/Ram team the gps didn't lie and they got the unwanted result.

I'm happy for the man Kendall he is very immpressive , I'm a fan!