paulmbowers

Lyons Valley/Japatul to 4 Corners?

Can one ride between Lyons Valley road and 4Corners/ Corral Canyon off road? On Google it looks like Sky Valley Road? Barrett Truck Trail?

I've always seen a gate at the west end of Barrett Lake but haven't ridden down to Barrett TT to check that.

Maybe driving down by Camp Barrett would get you onto Skye Valley. I don't know if that's a completely gated facility but it's run by Probation. Hey - I think I know someone I could ask.

calnub: if there is a way to get to 4 corners from the west we should consider it for tomorrow morning

Well, my source has never been there. So I called - and someone answered the phone!

Paved and public access down to the camp. BAD NEWS - when it turns to dirt just past the camp, BIG GATE & private land owner with keep out signs all over. I have no way to verify if the "private land owner" actually exists or if it's one of those "unauthorized" gatings of public land.

It's a Forest Service Route so I don't know how a private citizen can block it......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

But that's the current status.

I don't think it can be done , I looked hard from 4 corners side and got within sight of farmland and outbuidings, I don't like the sound of bullets so I turned around. Try from the West you never know, I do know two roads used to go thru, in fact one was the main road 100 years ago.

Uncle Champ.

Well, my source has never been there. So I called - and someone answered the phone!

Paved and public access down to the camp. BAD NEWS - when it turns to dirt just past the camp, BIG GATE & private land owner with keep out signs all over. I have no way to verify if the "private land owner" actually exists or if it's one of those "unauthorized" gatings of public land.

It's a Forest Service Route so I don't know how a private citizen can block it......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

But that's the current status.

I believe I confirmed this on a ride with wekert 2 weeks ago. BP uses those roads, but otherwise the gates are locked. Sorry, Kato, if we want to avoid I8 then we're gonna have to go the long way around to Corral. Otherwise we could ride state highways up to Apline, then hop on I8 for 14 miles and take pine valley-kernan to four corners. but if you've never done single track on your klr then maybe we should start with something else.

I've tried to find a way from both sides many times and we either run into gates or fences. If someone figures out a way I would love to know how. Thanks

If you are on a Mountain Bike its no problem..........

if not you will hit gates

remember they patrol on the new exc 500's