Sign in to follow this  
carguy

Hidden Trails Ride

Like my other post I tried to get a good ride in and it was cut short because I was chaep and tried to save some money upgrading my bike.

There was a good turnout for a brisk winter morning.

IMGP5658_zpsdee93d5a.jpg

Ken, Ben, Charlie, Mimi, Leo, and I am really bad with names, please chime in.

It started out pretty good. All the puddles were ICE. The grass was frozen and slick. Perfect day for a ride. We started through some local stuff and decided to break in the new bike.

IMGP5659_zps5860601c.jpg

No worries,

IMGP5660_zps5ab0ec6d.jpg

5 minutes later I break my skid plate and end my day.

IMGP5663_zps94fc8649.jpg

Sounds like everyone had fun.

Guest Crusty

Did the group stop at a store by McCain Vally Saw a big group around 12:00

when we were headed home.

Craig

It was a great ride and fun group. I took lots of pictures. I left my camera on the passenger side of the hood of my Jeep though and drove home, so you won't see any the great pictures that I took. <_<

And yes, that is the second camera (and pair of gloves) that I have lost by leaving them on the vehicle somewhere. Did the same thing at Corral Canyon three years ago with a Kodak and a pair of Fox Thermal Paws. :angry2:

Quick Charlie, camera and gloves in the parking lot.

Sorry you lost your stuff Mimi, that blows.

Quick Charlie, camera and gloves in the parking lot.

Sorry you lost your stuff Mimi, that blows.

Charlie already looked. They either fell off further up the road, or somebody picked them up, or both. :unsure:

Craig

We stopped at the diner in Boulevard for lunch before heading over to Thing Valley road. They serve Italian food and some really good pizza there. :party:

Craig

We stopped at the diner for lunch before heading over to Thing Valley road. They serve Italian food and some really good pizza there. :party:/>

I was out exploring and ran into the group at Cibbets Flat Campground. Nice meeting you all and thanks for letting me follow you guys down Camroon truck trail.

Great day with the SDAR gang. Snow, ice, mud, water and sunshine.

Thanks Uncle C for putting this together!

Hey folks thanks for coming, out. Hard to please everyone and my flaky sweep rider broke his bike early, oh well. I had fun and our noob only crashed when he was stopped, can you spell scraaaatches! on a brand new bike! We ended up doing a lot of fireroad type stuff and Lake Dominquez was partially iced over, that's where Willie joined and showed us some new trails (I'm going back there ), then lunch after a little exploring, Note: thing valley is all graded and graveled for miles, fred canyon was fun though.

Anyway I can't wait for the DASH.

Uncle C.

Mimi I am going further up the road now to search.

Thanks for putting on the ride, Uncle Champ. And thanks for your efforts to find the camera. I'm sure that somebody is enjoying their brand new, beat up, full of dirt, noisy motor Canon 590 right now, along with a dainty sized pair of Polarpaw gloves. I buy my trail cameras on E-bay, used, so they are not that expensive. I have other cameras that can take the lost camera's place, but I can't recreate or replace the memorable moments in time that I shot of the places and the people on that ride. That is really what bothers me the most. :(

well i have a video uploading right now. just got home from the hospital. I had a hard day as my grandfather just passed away.

Thanks for setting up this ride.

it was absolutely amazing.

i cant wait for upcoming rides so i can hone my skill.

some parts were sketchy like that graded road haha cant go very fast with my tires on that kinda surface. i think it was worse than viejas grade.

the snow was kinda scary and the mud was iffy too.

i was scared and excited at the same time on the hill climb after the graded road.

almost took a dip in a frozen over puddle that turned out to be kinda deep.

funnny how the only times i fell were when i stopped.

kinda bummed that my camera got dirt behind the lense but im gonna see if electrical tape will remedy that problem next ride.

Sorry to hear about Grandfather. :(

Thanks for posting the video. :good:

Thanks to uncle champ for sharing the route. I'll try my keys to the other gates and see if we can exit Jewel Valley a little closer to the east next time. First time I have seen ice on lake dominguez.

Ice skating anyone? notice the air bubbles under the surface. It was wierd to see the lake partially frozen and partially with wind waves and ducks on it.

post-15080-007577100 1357533223_thumb.jp

Sorry to hear about Grandfather. :(/>

Thanks for posting the video. :good:/>

thanks for the condolences.

i hope once i get some more skill ill be able to really shadow people and get ahead and get some footage of others to make better videos. haha i need to get a handle on the current dust problem i had with the camera. im thinkin either a bicycle tube or some tape to stop the dust from gettin behind the plastic lense.

I saw new places, meet new people and took a few pics. good times

At the diner I had the Philly Cheese steak and it was GREAT!

Thanks for the invite

post-15013-003583100 1357573329_thumb.jp

post-15013-091323000 1357573411_thumb.jp

post-15013-091542100 1357573490_thumb.jp

post-15013-051195900 1357573605_thumb.jp

Glad to see that somebody had some pix from later on in the ride as well. :party:

Leo, nice video and good job on the trails. The first ride with these yahoo's is usually trial by fire. I know mine was!

Mimi, bummer about your stuff. I have been looking for two days with no luck.

Nice pics everyone, I cant get mine off my smart a** phone yet.

Lets hit it again!!!

Ps, The philly cheese steak was KILLER

Mimi, bummer about your stuff. I have been looking for two days with no luck.

Thanks, but I think the camera is long gone and somebody has probably already deleted all my pictures and taken shots of their latest tweaker party or whatever with it. I even posted a "lost" ad on CL, but I don't think that the new owner cares much about who used to own the camera.

On that note, I'm ready for another two wheeled adventure out that way.

I would like to do a guided tour of mccain. or another adventure. Border road to Tecate for lunch?

I would like to do a guided tour of mccain. or another adventure. Border road to Tecate for lunch?

I'm always up for a McCain ride "of one thousand turns"! :party: