wekert

Anza Borrego Friday 28th

Calnub and I are going out to Anza Borrego on Friday for some more desert fun. He will be riding his Ktm 620 adv, and i'll be riding his plated 400 LC4 because I am supposed to ride a "real" dirt bike to see what its like since I've only ever ridden my KLR.

We haven't worked out exact times yet but I think it will be an early one to keep the ladies at home happy, I expect to be home in San Diego by around 6pm ish (But tell the wives 7pm, then when we get home an hour early they are happy!) It's getting dark pretty early now anyway, so if we stop riding at around 3 or 4 in the afternoon and then head home I think that's reasonable.

No real plans on the route either, we're just going to go ride and figure it out. Calnub has a GPS so we'll do the responsible thing and assume that it isn't going to fail and rely on it to get us back to the truck.

All are invited, sorry for the short notice. And i'll try to remember my GoPro!

how are you getting out there, and in what part of sd county do you live? i'm interested, but don't want to slab it solo all the way out there. i'm on an '03 640a.

-- johnnyg

If i was on my KLR id be down to slab it, but on the LC4 I think we will be taking a truck. I only have room for two bikes in my truck bed but if you have a trailer or something you're welcome to sit in my truck and i'll pull it.

.....I expect to be home in San Diego by around 6pm ish (But tell the wives 7pm, then when we get home an hour early they are happy!)

It's rare to see such wisdom from one so young..... :P:heh:

Have fun boys! :good:

I'm heading out to Bullhead tonight :whistle::bye: ......singletrack awaits :smile_anim::thumbsup_anim::dance2:

how are you getting out there, and in what part of sd county do you live?

-- johnnyg

Oh and I live in Lemon Grove, Calnub lives near north park.

I don't know what kind of truck you have, but I have a single rail hitch mount you can throw the 3rd bike on if you want. 2 in the bed, take the tailgate off, one across the back. I also have a trailer if you want to borrow it - but it takes a little work to get to so let me know. Just down the 94 from you in Rancho SD/El Cajon.

If i was on my KLR id be down to slab it, but on the LC4 I think we will be taking a truck. I only have room for two bikes in my truck bed but if you have a trailer or something you're welcome to sit in my truck and i'll pull it.

you have a long bed, right?

how are you getting out there, and in what part of sd county do you live? i'm interested, but don't want to slab it solo all the way out there. i'm on an '03 640a.

-- johnnyg

I've got the day off and interested too (assuming you guys aren't planning to start super early). If so, I'd be slabbing from SD (Mission Hills) so depending on where you are we might be able to link up somewhere along the way

Bikeslut - I have a regular sized bed. Its a dodge ram 1500. If i put two bikes in the back i have to keep the tailgate down, but with one i can put it diagonally and close the gate.

-- johnnyg

I've got the day off and interested too (assuming you guys aren't planning to start super early). If so, I'd be slabbing from SD (Mission Hills) so depending on where you are we might be able to link up somewhere along the way

I'll have to figure out with calnub exactly what time we're going. Last time we left around 6 am and were in anza ready to ride at like... 8? i forget. But it will be similar. If you're interested in carpooling / following the truck thats cool, and if you guys would prefer to meet us out there thats cool too. And since the only place i know out there is the ranger station, lets make that the place to meet.

Id like to do some of the trails we did last weekend with deb and kris. Here's my proposal:

Meet at the rangers station in ocotillo wells ohv park, kickstands up at 8:30. We'll likely park just east of the showers/restrooms. I'd like to start with grapevine and work our way from there hitting up fonts point through borrego springs. Then cruise through the ohv park exploring a few of the markers I got from kris (anyone like tether ball?). I have more waypoints than tracks, and would like to lay down more of the latter.

Done by 3:30 so we can get back before dark. There are always exit routes for anyone who needs to duck out early. I'll try to get some more detailed track plans when I'm not wrist deep in carb cleaner.

You weekday riding punks. Feel free to pick up my joe hauler or two rail trailer if need be.

You weekday riding punks. Feel free to pick up my joe hauler or two rail trailer if need be.

That's your fault for getting a job, like an idiot. Idiot.

That's your fault for getting a job, like an idiot. Idiot.

This is a valid point.

All that colledge, all that studying, just so you can't ride on weekdays.

Maybe you should have picked a different major.

If you don't mind another rider, I would like to join you guys. I'm in Fallbrook if it works out for anyone to carpool. I have room for another in my truck.

Otherwise I will see you out there. Truck is a silver GMC.

Thanks.

If you don't mind another rider, I would like to join you guys. I'm in Fallbrook if it works out for anyone to carpool. I have room for another in my truck.

Otherwise I will see you out there. Truck is a silver GMC.

Thanks.

See you there!

Alright, final tally is:

Wekert (warren)

Johnny

Todd

AATA

Spank

If you can't make it, please let me know so we don't wait too long (970-708-1990)

We're gonna ride from the Ranger's station to Pumpkin patch, palo verde, san felipe, 78 back to grapevine, sr22 to borrego springs, fonts point, malpais, to the travertine for lunch (if we feel like eating) and gas. Then back through the OHV park any way we choose, i've got a couple tracks to the tether ball court and phone booth anyone is interested as well. PM me if you want the tracks, can't post a GPX file here. Otherwise, see you guys in the morning!

-Aaron