Zombie Hunter

Side car freak

Hey, so I decided to screw conventional wisdom and take my brand new Ural out for an adventure ride. I signed up for the desert dash and invited a chick less than half my age (21) to go along. She said yes. Life is good so far.

I know what some of you are thinking but I won't let her take advantage of me;] But seriously we should be fine. The bike is tough and so is the girl. We won't get stupid.

We dress kind of casual and have little experience in motocross. But we make up for it in determination and fortitude. Any advice is welcome and we hope to meet a lot of awesome folks.

See you on the trail.

Brian

Hey, so I decided to screw conventional wisdom and take my brand new Ural out for an adventure ride. I signed up for the desert dash and invited a chick less than half my age (21) to go along. She said yes. Life is good so far.

I know what some of you are thinking but I should be fine. The bike is tough and so is my date. I'll be in good hands ;]

We dress kind of casual and have little experience in motocross. But we make up for it in determination and fortitude. Any advice is welcome and we hope to meet a lot of awesome folks.

See you on the trail.

Brian

Take lots of pictures of your Ural so you can remember it in good condition :)

Welcome to the club. We had a sidecar guy ride in last year's Dash. He fried his clutch on the Chariot Canyon grade. Be forewarned.

101_0504.jpg

We have at least one member here who also likes the sidecar rigs.

Welcome to the club. We had a sidecar guy ride in last year's Dash. He fried his clutch on the Chariot Canyon grade. Be forewarned.

But they looked cool as hell doing it! Welcome to the group, I'll have cold PBR in my RV for after the Dash. See you out there.

But they looked cool as hell doing it! Welcome to the group, I'll have cold PBR in my RV for after the Dash. See you out there.

Cool, thanks! See you there.

BTW, Chariot Canyon is the first stage on day 1. It is only about 20 min into the ride. Hit it fast and hard (The Hill) :0

Read it...Know it and look at the pics...LOL

Awesome rig. I hear there are many bail out options along the way. May stick to mostly smaller grades when possible.

BTW, Chariot Canyon is the first stage on day 1. It is only about 20 min into the ride. Hit it fast and hard (The Hill) :0

Chariot Canyon---roger that!

Chariot Canyon---roger that!

I would suggest skipping that part. Part of the problem is you have to ride it different than the bikes. We get to pick a gear, pick a line, ride hard and hold on. It is a long climb with several stages. Many boulder fields. This is why the ural has to use the clutch a lot. I was on the sweep team last year trying to help the ural out of there. The new ural was just serviced before the ride as well.

Just bring a tow strap/harness thing and a whip, the copilot can pull the Ural over the obstacles.

Should lead into a second date no problem.

I'll pay to watch heart attack hill (after I scream like a little girl all the way down)

Just bring a tow strap/harness thing and a whip, the copilot can pull the Ural over the obstacles.

Should lead into a second date no problem.

I'll pay to watch heart attack hill (after I scream like a little girl all the way down)

I like that idea. I will bring my 12v winch and some extra rope in case the girl gives out. Probably not gonna put her through heart attack hill though. Still have to make it through the first date ;)

101_0504.jpg

We have at least one member here who also likes the sidecar rigs.

I remember that bike from the demo fleet at SDBMW motorcycles on Kerny Villa Road. Saw it while buying my own. They told me some stories about that thing....put it through hell on some of these rides.