Josh

North SD County Riding anyone?

New to the club and riding in SD...

Looking for people who are down to ride anywhere in North SD county

Looking for trails and wooded/mountain areas to ride

I'd would love to meet other riders in the Oceanside/Carlsbad/Escondido/San Marcos/Vista areas

I'm not heading out today as I'm going to attempt a fork seal replacement. I'm in Oceanside though and usually up for a ride.

I may head out that area later today, my kids want to go for a ride.

I think you will find most of what you are looking at in the San Pasqual area is going to have gates and/or private property.

Hey Josh. im another oceanside guy. i dont know all the north county riding areas, but am willing to explore. welcome to the club and hopefully i will catch you on the next ride. what bike are you on?

Hi There.

Welcome to the board.

I live on the County line (north) and ride out my front door to Palomar mountain and also Anza (thomas Mtn, etc..)

Might do a ride soon!

Hey Josh. im another oceanside guy. i dont know all the north county riding areas, but am willing to explore. welcome to the club and hopefully i will catch you on the next ride. what bike are you on?

I'm in a KLX 250s - stock. I went out to San Pasqual valley yesterday and the forest trails are open to legal road vehicles! trails were pretty sick, reminded me of upstate NY, lots of rocks, soft dirt but tons of drops off's if you mess up.. literally could die easily if you fall of the edge on some of these trails... Ill have to go again and write down the trail names but saw 2 other DS riders, a few mountain bikers and a old couple 4x4ing. It took about 45 minutes from Oside to get there

I may head out that area later today, my kids want to go for a ride.

I think you will find most of what you are looking at in the San Pasqual area is going to have gates and/or private property.

What kind of bikes do you guys ride? I saw 2 riders while riding for a little bit, one was a KTM and the other was a black DRZ or something i think... I followed them for about 10 minutes before turning around to get my friend. I believe I was on Forest route 12502 or soemthing like that....

i might be free thursday to ride. if your free and want to ride im down.

you know how to get to Palomar Mountain Truck Divide Trail or anywhere on the north side of the mountain, I'd be down to explore that area as I've only ridden on Nate Harrison Grade road on the south side to the top...

......or if you know how to get to Palomar Mountain Truck Divide Trail or anywhere on the north side of the mountain, I'd be down to explore that area as I've only ridden on Nate Harrison Grade road on the south side to the top...

Do you have a GPS?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394621

I do but no mount for it yet. I've never downloaded a "map" and put it on my garmin before. Ill give it a try tomorrow when im off work to see if it loads up and what not! thanks a bunch though! :)

Hey Josh, Good to see another KLX250. Check out dual sport maps. Some cool rides on there.

http://www.dualsportmaps.com/?link=105988

Hey thanks for the website! These are the only 2 places I've actually been to around here! I loved the San San Pasqual trails... those were lots of fun...

If you don't like to end your day early looking at a locked gate, then download these maps. Most of the trails you'll find on google maps will have locked gates on them. The Cleveland National Forest maps show which gates are permanently locked.

South Map: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5336415.zip

North Map: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5336417.zip

I'm up for a ride Saturday morning. Where were you planning on leaving from?

After looking at the map I've put together a long ride that I'm going to be going on this Saturday 12/8. I'm planning on leaving around 10:30am from my house or if anyone wants to come with, the Wendy's right off the Melrose exit off the 78 HWY. If anyone would like to join or meet up along the way or anything, please give me a call before Saturday so we can make arrangements! My # is in previous posts... I have printed maps of where I'll be going and will share if we meet up.

^_^/>/>/>/>/>

Ok now change to smiley face ha ha enjoyed riding with you Josh :coolio:/>/>/>/>

Hey Jeff! It was nice running into you on the trails! Had a blast riding with you and your KTM! The speed we were going on the trails was about my limit as far as riding comfortably/long runs, don't have much experience riding at night/twilight times so that was a good experience too. It was also my first time riding with someone who had a 500! Can't wait to ride again! Had Tons of fun on Saturday & thanks for showing my that gas station and the trails around the canyon!! :D:D:lol:

......or if you know how to get to Palomar Mountain Truck Divide Trail or anywhere on the north side of the mountain, I'd be down to explore that area as I've only ridden on Nate Harrison Grade road on the south side to the top...

Do you have a GPS?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394621

This looks great! Thanks for posting it.

I'm up for this run if you are, Josh.