dsfox

Auto Mechanic Recommendations

Looking for a Good Honest Mechanic...... :party:

Very tough to find these days, so would love some recommendations of tried and true mechanics..someone you guys use? I'll travel even....

Alot of them seem to think women know Nothing, and they can sell us repairs we don't need....luckily I have some car knowledge....enough to question unnecessary items , most of the time..but would be great to not have to worry about it and question.

Appreciate the Help... :D

What brand of car?

I've got a good friend, in San Marcos, that does work on euro imports - primarily a BMW shop, but also does Mercedes, VW's, Volvo, and quite a few real exotics. Can't recall seeing many domestics in his shop though. He's honest, and his rates are about the same as everyone else. His mechanics are good guys too. Also almost of them are riders or racers...which is a plus. KB Motorsports, Kip is his name, if that helps. You can tell him that Greg sent you....

Very tough to find these days, so would love some recommendations of tried and true mechanics..someone you guys use? I'll travel even....

Alot of them seem to think women know Nothing, and they can sell us repairs we don't need....luckily I have some car knowledge....enough to question unnecessary items , most of the time..but would be great to not have to worry about it and question.

Appreciate the Help... :D

For your Toyota? What does it need? I have two solid guys here in Vista.

Mike at Shadowridge Automotive, at the 76 gas station on Sycamore and 78 is a very honest a worth guy. I have known Mike for over 30 years.

Does all of our work on cars...

My 2c.

Ben

For your Toyota? What does it need? I have two solid guys here in Vista.

Thanks, I'll call you.....

3 cars in the family

Toyota Tacoma, currently felt the "slightest hint" of maybe the engine timing off.? my guess would be perhaps one cylinder not firing quite on time or plugs getting old??

thinking it might be time for a tune up, hardly noticable, but haven't had a tune up for a while, and want to take good care of it ....almost 160K and never had anything major wrong....AWESOME truck..

My son's 01 Nissan Maxima, needs a cat. converter....2 separate independent scope readings, so confident that is true.

one mechanic told me $800...seems part alone is $500 ONLY in california though.........you can get a 50 state converter elsewhere,(same part) but they are not ALLOWED to deliver here in cal....what a fiasco.....this over regulated state drives me nuts sometimes....(want to get rid of this car asap, but tough to spend $800 and then get $3500 for a car!!!)

Or option is sell AS IS....He (we) plan to get a full size truck....good to tow with etc....he will drive most of the time, me when I tow....

Daughter has 05 Hundai elantra....no issue currently

Mike at Shadowridge Automotive, at the 76 gas station on Sycamore and 78 is a very honest a worth guy. I have known Mike for over 30 years.

Does all of our work on cars...

My 2c.

Ben

thanks..seems you guys up north have some good resources...

What brand of car?

I've got a good friend, in San Marcos, that does work on euro imports - primarily a BMW shop, but also does Mercedes, VW's, Volvo, and quite a few real exotics. Can't recall seeing many domestics in his shop though. He's honest, and his rates are about the same as everyone else. His mechanics are good guys too. Also almost of them are riders or racers...which is a plus. KB Motorsports, Kip is his name, if that helps. You can tell him that Greg sent you....

Thanks, all asian cars here.....but good to know...and always good to give fellow riders business....

Debbie-

Check out A&A Muffler on poway rd for the maxima... I got a smoking deal when he replaced my cat on my tacoma and honest and straight forward... I think it was Willy I dealt with... Rides a CR500...

Deb, Take your tacoma to James at The truck shop. He does work on 'cars' also. Honest and fair pricing. He is off Miramar rd not too far from the 15. :party:

Thanks guys...don't know why I didn't ask long ago...this site has such a wealth of knowledge for pretty much anything you need...

wintergardens smog and tune. LAKESIDE tho, best i have found, been using him for 25years

wintergardens smog and tune. LAKESIDE tho, best i have found, been using him for 25years

I took my truck here in Tommy's recommendation and was very happy with their attitude, price, and quality of work. It was worth the drive.

My partner and I are mobile mechanics, I have more than a couple years of experience and my good pal and partner Darren is a Master Mechanic, certified in multiple areas, and to sum it up is a mix between Yoda & Einstein of the automotive world. Let me know if ya ever want us to solve your automotive issues.

Top Value Tire is our official sponsor, and give paid SDAR members a discount, usually around 10% on parts, or labor, depending on the job.

Colin is a dualsporter, as mentioned previously, and backs their work with his word. He's a great guy and supports SDAR.

Top Value Tire and Brake near 70th St. and El Cajon Blvd.

619-465-5444

Lakeside is close for me...thank you