Goofy Footer

nOOb Backcountry Ride Sunday, Sept 30th

I havent been on a ride with you guys yet but have been one of the lurkers. I might be able to get out to this ride as well. I am checking with the wife now. I will confirm later today. What time do you think we will wrap up the day on Sunday?

I will be riding down from Carlsbad on the 450X with nobbies. I would like to ride dirt back but I dont know this area well. Any advise or direction for good dirt coming back or even coming down would be appreciated. I dont mind slab though. I ride the bike daily on slab to and from work.

Thanks

Tony

The main group should be back at Starbucks around 1 or 2 I'd guess. That depends on how long the lunch stop is! There are dirt options that will cut off slab back to Carlsbad. FuzzyNugs will be taking those roads back to Cbad and is looking for a riding partner, you could ride with him. Dirt home will take longer but these are fire roads through the backcountry so you'll move quick.

Do you have GPS? You are 100% welcome to come and I hope you make it! This will make for a great first ride with SDAR. The border area itself is worth checking out.

Yep got a GPS and will upload track tonight. Would be good to get tracks for Carlsbad to Starbucks. I ask Fuzzy. I just sent him PM.

Thanks for your help and setting up the ride goffyfoot. Really appreciate the hospitality. Looking forward to meeting you guys. I love to ride!!

Yep got a GPS and will upload track tonight. Would be good to get tracks for Carlsbad to Starbucks. I ask Fuzzy. I just sent him PM.

Thanks for your help and setting up the ride goffyfoot. Really appreciate the hospitality. Looking forward to meeting you guys. I love to ride!!

Definitely. Looking forward to riding with you. The border region is quite interesting, when we get to the top of Dog House Junction you can check out the scene. I'll also try to mix up the trail by pointing out any hill climbs or fun mini trails that come along.

I'll try to create a GPS track to lead you back to Cbad from Lunch. Fuzzy knows the way though. If he can't get back to you in time PM me and I'll do my best to draw up the tracks and send them your way. As far as getting to Starbucks, maybe take the 5 south to the 805 south to 94 east? I think that would be the most direct way. PM me with any questions you have or post them up here and I'll answer with what I know.

Goofy Footer, will you be riding with your Spot tracking on this Sunday?

I just got a smart phone, seen your post about Dual Sport Maps, and got it. So I'll be trying it out this weekend. Also see an opportunity to check out a few other side routes and still be able to see your progress and where to intersect again with the group by checking your location from the 'Where Am I Riding' site. Just a thought. Both the 'Dual Sport Maps' app and 'Where I am Riding' site are bitchen.

Goofy Footer, will you be riding with your Spot tracking on this Sunday?

Yup, I'll have the Spot on me. Feel free to follow the tracking and meet us along the way. Remember however that Spot updates are every 10 minutes.

Both the 'Dual Sport Maps' app and 'Where I am Riding' site are bitchen.

You'll have to thank SDAR's own Man in Black for those inventions!

Cudos' to 'Strega' on his talent.

I should be there for the start. The Otay section sounds great. Also thought about how quickly you progress on pavement between updates. You covered some distance quick on the baja coast hwy. out of Puerto Nuevo last weekend. I'll be looking into a Spot system soon, it's pretty awsome technology.

OK OK where and when? Sorry I missed your call my phone died while I was in Carlsbad watching the little cherubs get wiped by Army Navy.

Maybe we can get "to be named later Bratley" to come.

I've been lurking on this one waiting to see if I had Sunday open. I'm all in.

Will be at Starbucks around 8:45.

Dennis W

OK OK where and when? Sorry I missed your call my phone died while I was in Carlsbad watching the little cherubs get wiped by Army Navy.

Maybe we can get "to be named later Bratley" to come.

Ok, got the taxi service all taken car of. I'll try to call Bad Brad today.

FYI -- Also just realized that Alpine is having a parade on Sunday starting at 2pm. Should be plenty to see around Alpine, but the parade route goes right by the Alpine Brewery. Not sure how that might affect the route.

Alpine-Viejas-Days-Parade-Flyer-2_opt.jpg

Bad timing for the Vaquero swapmeet in Descanso, this is what is left of Martins tractor show cowboy day.

Tomorrow 8-2 at Merigans barn.

I have no idea how that parade thing will affect me enjoying my Alpine Brewery. We might have to walk a block or something ridiculous like that. We'll see what its like when we get there. Its gonna take a lot to stop me from my buffalo chicken sandwhich and pint of Nelson.

Worst comes to worst, we can roll West along Old Highway 80 a few miles and hit the Flinn. They'll have football on and inexpensive brews. CalNub swears by their Jalapeno Burger. I'm a fan of their tots

post-14322-030480200 1348956915_thumb.jp

I've been lurking on this one waiting to see if I had Sunday open. I'm all in.

Will be at Starbucks around 8:45.

Dennis W

Awesome! I'm glad you are able to come. See you tomorrow for the ride. Your DRZ will be perfect for the ride.

I'm in. See you at Starbucks.

Cool. I'll see you there. I had a '92 DR350 for a few months, I'll have to check yours out.

:P

I have no idea how that parade thing will affect me enjoying my Alpine Brewery. We might have to walk a block or something ridiculous like that. We'll see what its like when we get there. Its gonna take a lot to stop me from my buffalo chicken sandwhich and pint of Nelson.

Worst comes to worst, we can roll West along Old Highway 80 a few miles and hit the Flinn. They'll have football on and inexpensive brews. CalNub swears by their Jalapeno Burger. I'm a fan of their tots

post-14322-030480200 1348956915_thumb.jp

Yum!

Descanso Junction?

Do you mean Barrett junction? Whining! it's pistols at dawn, pal!

Wild can you arrange transport so we don't have to ride knobbies to town on pavement? And yes from Buckman to Bear valley, where was I whining, "to much slab" is whining?

I'm going now so as to clean and load my dueling pistol.

Barret Junction you are right. I corrected my post to reflect the change.

Pistols at dawn you say? I'll let you battle it out with these two

6634b7673.jpg

Now that is one Bad Ass water gun! ;)

The TW fired right up so I'll be headed out soon. Catch you guys and gals at the starbucks parking lot.

Broke the stem off my rear tube last night . No backup tube. Up till 1:30 trying to fix it. I am out this morning and completely bummed. Have fun guys.

Bummer to hear that surfshot, I was hoping you'd make it. I'll post another nOOb friendly ride based out of Ramona once it cools down a tad. That way its more accessible to the North County crowd. See you on that one.

I have been bumbed all day. I was really looking forward to the ride. I will be in for the Ramona ride for sure. Did you mark your route today?

Sounds good. tntmo proposed a nOOb friendly loop from Ramona, into Julian and down towards Alpine with a stop for lunch at.... Alpine Brewery. That route will have more dirt than this ride but the trails (fire roads) are big bike friendly. When that ride happens I'll create GPS tracks for it.

I think this probably needs to happen again in the near term future :coolio:

I agree. Now that we've had our first rain, the fall riding season is officially upon us. tntmo identified a great route from Ramona that leads to Alpine Brewery. Once a date is set I'll post it up here. I'm thinking possibly the last weekend of Oct or early Nov.

I agree. Now that we've had our first rain, the fall riding season is officially upon us. tntmo identified a great route from Ramona that leads to Alpine Brewery. Once a date is set I'll post it up here. I'm thinking possibly the last weekend of Oct or early Nov.

I am ready when you are to go scout it all out, have to get up early on a weekday and go do it before work. Lets Roll!