Spaugh

10 and 11 Tooth Sprockets

Anyone know where to get a 10 or 11 tooth sprocket for KTMs? Hobbie and AAKTM? I know they exist, the old guy on the ktm at mccain has a 10T on his bike. His name is Kobe or Al.

Anyone know where to get a 10 or 11 tooth sprocket for KTMs? Hobbie and AAKTM? I know they exist, the old guy on the ktm at mccain has a 10T on his bike. His name is Kobe or Al.

gimme two minutes to check the shelf

time's up

Brad,

Colby is the KTM "trials" bike guy and Al is the Montesa trials bike rider you are thinking of.

I personally dont like those very small front sprockets, prob 12 is as small as I would go with a 520 chain (but thats just me)the factories keep the chain wrap bend radius usually at minimum 13T with 520 chains with some 12T exceptions and availabilities.

Looking through my Parts Unlimited catalog it looks like no OEM uses anything under 12 on any of their machines. To me thats an indicator not to. Why not go 12 if you can find one, then work your rear where you want it? Also in the catalog the smallest front among all the brands is 12T. If you are set on going smaller check the manufacturers website (Renthal, Sunstar etc)

Are you playing with the 150XC? whats OEM set up? 13/50 right? I would stay 13 and go bigger on the rear 1 tooth rear is like what 2 or 3 up front. Shoot if its 13/52 final try a 53 (i thinks thats all renthal makes for example)

Renthal has a 12T Front and 53T rear thats as low as you can go with renthal for example

the OEMs dont like the chain wrap radius with smaller than 12T fronts but most keep it safe at minimimum 13T

grab the manual and punch in your numbers here and do some math.

http://www.gearingcommander.com/

ktmthisisbrianwillyouholdplease.

Brad,

Colby is the KTM "trials" bike guy and Al is the Montesa trials bike rider you are thinking of.

I personally dont like those very small front sprockets, prob 12 is as small as I would go with a 520 chain (but thats just me)the factories keep the chain wrap bend radius usually at minimum 13T with 520 chains with some 12T exceptions and availabilities.

Looking through my Parts Unlimited catalog it looks like no OEM uses anything under 12 on any of their machines. To me thats an indicator not to. Why not go 12 if you can find one, then work your rear where you want it? Also in the catalog the smallest front among all the brands is 12T. If you are set on going smaller check the manufacturers website (Renthal, Sunstar etc)

Are you playing with the 150XC? whats OEM set up? 13/50 right? I would stay 13 and go bigger on the rear 1 tooth rear is like what 2 or 3 up front. Shoot if its 13/52 final try a 53 (i thinks thats all renthal makes for example)

Renthal has a 12T Front and 53T rear thats as low as you can go with renthal for example

the OEMs dont like the chain wrap radius with smaller than 12T fronts but most keep it safe at minimimum 13T

grab the manual and punch in your numbers here and do some math.

http://www.gearingcommander.com/

briana and I already run 12/50 for stuff like 5 miles of hell. I don't like to go bigger than 50 on the rear although I could bump it to 52 with a new chain. Its just way easier to swap a front sprocket.

12T is not a problem we have put many hours on that setup riding hard. 10 or 11 IS pushing it with the chain radius but it would be cool to get one as a novelty to screw around with and do some trials work. I'm not planning on racing with it. 12/50 for super technical or 13/50 for going fast are my favorite combos.

Colby has one so I know they exist and he has put plenty of time on it without a problem so its can't be "that" bad. Will look and see who is making them. Colby has a 10T, I'd probably like to find an 11T.

sorry for the delay lol no dice on the 10 or 11. 12 is the smallest we got i'm afraid