Guest Crusty

Will Honda outbid Kawi for RV. SX. is looking good

As one poster said...."Believeable. Factory honda must be desperate for a championship or at least to be in the championship hunt. They've been nowhere since RC left."

I guess we'll wait for the official tweet.

Guest Crusty

They have been dominating in Baja with a relatively unchanged 450X. since it's introduction in 2005.

Maybe it's time for them to dominate SX. with their brand new bike!!

http://dualsport-sd....032#entry129032

They did win both the West and East Lites SX. Championships this year.coolio.gif

This is not 70-80s racing anymore. the question may be rephrased will Monster (and some Kaw bonus cash) pay to keep RV where they want him or will another title sponsor like Red Bull or?? (plus Honda cash bonuses) pay him more to convince him to join their team.

PS Suzuki's factory race budget is nada, good thing for JS he wears a RedBull helmet among other bike and jersey adverts to keep his wallet in a happy place.

Tobacco and Alcohol have been replaced by energy drinks as the premier MX team title sponsors($$$ to operate the team biz). (in more "high" class racing like F1 cars, MotoGP,WSBK you do have outside Team Title sponsors like Vodafone, Xerox but also RedBull/ToroRosso! etc. And even those guys have personal RedBull and Monster Helmet (the most expensive sponsor advert spot) advert money in their wallets.

(IMHO)Personally Ryan Villopoto has nothing more to prove and his savings account is easy to live off. Risking injury/permanent injury week after week,,,for what? Inventory your Monster millions and kick back as a new color commentator and let the other young guns hammer themselves to pieces. .....this opinion should cause a rise.

RV has said in interviews he wants to only race a few more years then retire. He has a good program going with Aldon and he is great on the 2012 Kawi. Why would he want to leave that and risk a move to Honda's new 2013 450? He has been with Kawi (possibly monster?) since he was a kid.

With Deano and CR22 having such a good relationship, one could see Deano coming to TwoTwo when he's ready for the 450s. Bagget would be Kawi's next contender but he may or may not be ready for the 450s next year. AJ Ciancirilo (spelling?) would then come up after Bagget.

Honda will have Barcia on the 450 and Canard back next year. They have already signed Brayton I believe, and will of course have Windham and Reed. Tomac will be following Barcia in the next few years.

Guest Crusty

I think RV still has a great desire to win next year

and will end up with Honda.

No team has beter technology or more money!

I think Honda going for RV for two years is expensive. I think Barcia and Canard will have a championship or two in the near future, and probably Tomac too.

Villapoto has done very well riding green, and I don't know why he would? Double his already lucrative contract? i expect they make as much from the other sponsors as they do the brand.

Honda should support Reed the next two years, then focus on the young guns in upcoming years

I'll bet RV and any other schmo out there is on something with two wheels, fuel injection, a front brake, a rear brake, twist throttle, a loud exhaust, dunlop tires and a vessel for holding fuel. A frame built around a completely non stock motor going faster than any of us could think possible. All the while we will be sitting around on our asses talking about which color is the best.

On what basis do you say honda "has No team has beter technology or more money", and despite this when have they last won premium class world or even AMA championships? As for example is KTM technology not out performing Honda in World and AMA MX 450 championships?

Sure RV has desire to win and is probably one of best riders in the world but I would be suprised and disappointed if he left Kawasaki after they have supported him so much.

Honda has great team potential with Reed, Barcia, Tomac, Windham, would seem to be an odd short term deal to buy a #1 SX plate instead of investing in what they have, sure KTM or Kawasaki will be dying to pick up Barcia or Tomac.

Guest Crusty

when have they last won premium class world or even AMA championships?

When RC Left Kawi for Honda

Go Husqvarna!! Its been way too long. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

RV on a brand new Monster title sponsored Pro Circuit Husqvarna, engineered (with help from Ferrari F1) X-Lite type 450cc with CrMo semi perimeter chassis built by Verlicchi, KYB suspension, Keihin fuel management system, GET electronic data system, Excel wheels, Dunlop or Bridgestones, Billet parts from Kite Italia, Renthal drive .........

Dream on foolish fan.(me)

Guest Crusty

Go Husqvarna!! Its been way too long. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

RV on a brand new Monster title sponsored Pro Circuit Husqvarna, engineered (with help from Ferrari F1) X-Lite type 450cc with CrMo semi perimeter chassis built by Verlicchi, KYB suspension, Keihin fuel management system, GET electronic data system, Excel wheels, Dunlop or Bridgestones, Billet parts from Kite Italia, Renthal drive .........

Dream on foolish fan.(me)

As long as it's Red! LOL.

So you're saying Honda is the best bike because the last time they won was because a guy that dominated everyone on any bike he rode won a championship on one? I'm confused.

Guest Crusty

So you're saying Honda is the best bike because the last time they won was because a guy that dominated everyone on any bike he rode won a championship on one? I'm confused.

??????

I said RC was the last time they won, never said BEST BIKE!!! HONDA has MONEY and technology.

But these 2 in the front left won the AMA Lites Championships this year (East and West coast)

I am a fan, thats all!

This thread is not about best bike, it's about the RUMOR of RV joining team Honda!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome pic...........

High_Point_Kickstart_96-600x400.jpg

RV's contract with Kawi is close to being done according to this interview. He also mentions some interest in racing European GPs in a few years.

http://vurbmoto.com/blogs/ryan-villopoto-gp-scene/9973/

I think he is a monster guy through and through

img_4642_full_width.jpg

Here is a good video of him after 2012 SX while he was training for MX