Sign in to follow this  
X-country-Rider

Scouting ride April 7th

A few of us are doing a scouting ride starting Saturday morning the 7th at 0900 at Packards in Ramona. We're planning on riding Santa Ysabel TT to Black Canyon to Palomar Divide TT and on to Anza. From there on to Table Mountain TT to Rouse Hill road over to Hemet. If time, motivation and road conditions allow then its Bee Canyon to Idyllwild. I've not rode any of this route so i'm looking forward to exploring in preps for the May5th and 6th camp out ride. You don't need to attend the May 5th and 6th campout ride to attend the scouting trip.

We'll see how my morning goes......I may swing over to the Amerient for breakfast at 8 (it shares the parking lot with Packards), say hello/meet and greet at 9am, and spin out to Santa Isabel with you guys at 9am......I'll likely wave goodbye once we reach the other side at Black Canyon bridge......U-turn, mess around on Santa Isabel/Black Canyon/Lusardi for a bit....then roll back home....

Sounds like fun. How long of a ride do you expect, and are you planning to scout on big bikes or small bikes?

As long as we feel like and big and small bikes. No bias.

If I wasn't packing and prepping for spending the week in Ocotillo I'd be in. Maybe next time.

Ill try to meet up with you guys in the morning if you don't mind, This ride sounds fun! ill be on a xr650r

We'll see how my morning goes......I may swing over to the Amerient for breakfast at 8 (it shares the parking lot with Packards), say hello/meet and greet at 9am, and spin out to Santa Isabel with you guys at 9am......I'll likely wave goodbye once we reach the other side at Black Canyon bridge......U-turn, mess around on Santa Isabel/Black Canyon/Lusardi for a bit....then roll back home....

Riding into town on The Smoker at 8.....feel free to walk into Amerient (same parking lot as Packard's) and join me for breakfast and/or coffee between 8:15 & 9.....looking forward to the meet and greet with some "new to me" folks.....welcome to SDAR.

Riding into town on The Smoker at 8.....feel free to walk into Amerient (same parking lot as Packard's) and join me for breakfast and/or coffee between 8:15 & 9.....looking forward to the meet and greet with some "new to me" folks.....welcome to SDAR.

See you there in about 30 minutes.

I know you guys have already left. I would love the GPS tracks for this ride. Hook a brotha' up!

......I'll likely wave goodbye once we reach the other side at Black Canyon bridge......U-turn, mess around on Santa Isabel/Black Canyon/Lusardi for a bit....then roll back home....

Nice to meet and greet with some new SDAR members this morning......stuck to my plan.......rolled out to the eastern end of Santa Isabel TT with the boys then hung a U-Turn......a couple of pics on the way back.....that's Santa Isabel TT behind my bike......fun trail in both directions but the uphill east to west stretch is probably my favorite direction.....

IMAG0581.jpg

Down in the trees/shadows of Santa Isabel TT

IMAG0582.jpg

Went up and down Black Mtn TT then out to Lusardi.....rode out to the gate on Lusardi and snapped a pic in the trees on the return back to Pamu Rd.

IMAG0583.jpg

Fun morning......thanks guys

Some friends and I did a lot of that yesterday.

Ramona to Black Canyon - Lost Valley Road - Cienega Cooper - Bautista - 6S16 / 6S18 - Rouse Hill - Bee Canyon - San Jacinto TT - Lunch at Red Kettle in Idyllwild.

Little Thomas Mtn, Thomas Mtn and then into Anza where we headed back toward Warner Springs.

258 miles door to door.

Rouse Hill had a lot of deep dried up ruts. Bee Canyon was dry and maybe a little slick.

We had a awesome time loved Santa Ysabel TT. If you havent ridden Palomar Divide TT is epic!!

The morning meet up

2012-04-07_09-24-29_278.jpg

TV Scum

2012-04-07_09-51-37_364.jpg

Slugdad

2012-04-07_09-51-42_848.jpg

2012-04-07_09-51-59_532.jpg

2012-04-07_10-21-13_600.jpg

2012-04-07_10-21-19_598.jpg

Fuzzynugs

2012-04-07_10-21-47_38.jpg

2012-04-07_10-22-08_447.jpg

2012-04-07_11-40-58_102.jpg

Me :)

2012-04-07_15-44-03_746.jpg

2012-04-07_16-34-31_552.jpg

2012-04-07_16-42-23_192.jpg

Lake Hemet

2012-04-07_17-09-00_743.jpg

Very nice! I succumbed to temptation and decided to ride Santa Ysabel with you guys, but the first little sandy patch made me tense up and my torn rib cage muscle reminded me why the doctor said no off road riding for a while. I was sad to ride home, but I'll be back in action by May.

Thanks for posting pics.

-B

Ramona to Black Canyon - Lost Valley Road - Cienega Cooper - Bautista - 6S16 / 6S18 - Rouse Hill - Bee Canyon - San Jacinto TT - Lunch at Red Kettle in Idyllwild.

Little Thomas Mtn, Thomas Mtn and then into Anza where we headed back toward Warner Springs.

258 miles door to door.

Rouse Hill had a lot of deep dried up ruts. Bee Canyon was dry and maybe a little slick.

We didn't end up doing Rouse Hill Rd or Bee canyon. From Anza Slugdad, Fuzzynugs and myself just slabbed it up to Idyllwild. Do you have any picks of Rouse Hill Rd and Bee canyon. I'm assuming you rode on smaller enduros?

258 miles door to door.

We didn't end up doing Rouse Hill Rd or Bee canyon. From Anza Slugdad, Fuzzynugs and myself just slabbed it up to Idyllwild. Do you have any picks of Rouse Hill Rd and Bee canyon. I'm assuming you rode on smaller enduros?

Sorry, no pics. We had a long day planned, and didn't do a lot of dilly dallying. Left Ramona Chevron at 7:45. Passed it again at about 10 hours later.

Sorry, no pics. We had a long day planned, and didn't do a lot of dilly dallying. Left Ramona Chevron at 7:45. Passed it again at about 10 hours later.

So with your trail experience do you think its reasonable to leave Butterfield around 0900 then to Grapevine, Culp, Jasper. Slab to Palomar Divide TT, slab to Anza and then Rouse Hill Rd, Bee/San Jacinto TT to Idyllwild. How long do you think that would take a large group?

I had a great time exploring some new roads with you guys and the choice of lunch was most excellent. Door to door I logged 231 miles of fun on the new DR and give it :thumbsup_anim: I'm looking forward to riding these trails again with you all in a month.

1kstep, I am going to try and attach the GPS track I recorded. It's saved as a .txt and needs to be changed back to a .gdb file type before use. It's also chopped from before Ramona and after Idyllwild as I'm new to editing tracks and screwed it up. Good thing is the meat of the ride is still there. Please let me know if it works or not.

Here are a few pics I managed to grab too.

A good stopping point during our ascent of Palomar Divide.

M1x5J.jpg

WGIrL.jpg

sZBqk.jpg

8M1NB.jpg

PVmRU.jpg

xeU9u.jpg

JXJLI.jpg

07-APR-12 Ramona2Idyllwild.txt

So with your trail experience do you think its reasonable to leave Butterfield around 0900 then to Grapevine, Culp, Jasper. Slab to Palomar Divide TT, slab to Anza and then Rouse Hill Rd, Bee/San Jacinto TT to Idyllwild. How long do you think that would take a large group?

PM Sent

IMAG0582.jpg

Nice ride! Love your "street legal" ride. See you guys May 5th. Hey, where is that GoPro video?