Chief Gunner

63 Years ago today......

Great work Gunner! And thanks to all the brave men and women who have given so much, sometime all, to preserve our freedom. It is by their sacrifice and the grace of God that we are able to express ourselves freely on forums like this one... in English!

post-633-1181159218_thumb.jpgpost-633-1181159235_thumb.jpgFREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THAT THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW

we owe a great debt of gratitude to the generations of boys who went off into the unknown to protect our freedom and liberty

boys that stood in line in 1941 to join up.

boys who lied about their age so as not to be kept out of the good fight.

my 83 year old father in law fought for our freedom in the pacific during ww2

to have survived guadalcanal and pelilu, surely he took the fight to the enemy

those men laid the foundation for the freedom we enjoy today.

appreciate them now, they are fading fast, their numbers get smaller all the time.

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY

FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THAT THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW

Thanks Gunner,

we just lost a family friend,(Gregory Millard) 22 years old who died in IRAQ!

We just went to his funeral Monday at Fort Rosecrans. I was embarrased that I did not go to a memorial day parade, to honor all who have served and given their life's for our great country!

Thanks for posting this Gunner!

Ron

Although my grandfather was not there at D-Day (since he was in Sherman tanks fighting in North Africa at the time) he and my Father (a Vietnam era Recon Marine) passed on the family tradition of Service, Honor and Courage to me, which I am thankful to them for.

I have the deepest respect and reverance for all of those who sacrificed so much for us on that day.

It made me rather depressed this morning to see that the Fox News and CNN's websites made no mention of it, just not as news worthy as a spoiled little rich girl with a drinking problem.

Seeing this thread made me feel better.

Thank you all for allowing me to add my thoughts.

Gunner

Although my grandfather was not there at D-Day (since he was in Sherman tanks fighting in North Africa at the time) he and my Father (a Vietnam era Recon Marine) passed on the family tradition of Service, Honor and Courage to me, which I am thankful to them for.

I have the deepest respect and reverance for all of those who sacrificed so much for us on that day.

It made me rather depressed this morning to see that the Fox News and CNN's websites made no mention of it, just not as news worthy as a spoiled little rich girl with a drinking problem.

Seeing this thread made me feel better.

Thank you all for allowing me to add my thoughts.

Gunner

Gunner,

its very sad that most people care more about a spoiled rich girl who's in jail or American Idol, then they do about the USA and what's happening! Very disturbing! We better wake up America! I think I need a ride,

Ron

I was just watching the History Channel before getting ready for work, they have a D-Day marathon going on with lots of interesting information. Then on Yahoo I saw a story about a D-Day soldiers dog tag being found on Normandy beach.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070606/ap_on_...rsary_dog_tag_4

To top it off is this post. There are plenty of true Americans out there who don't give a $h!t about Paris Hilton. I was at the La Mesa Flag day parade on Saturday (flag day is June 14th) and when the WWII veterans and Pearl Harbor survivors went by I didn't see anyone sitting down. Everyone stood up and gave them a big welcome.

There may be hope for this country yet. Thank you veterans!

Went to Vegas a couple of weeks ago with my girlfriend and one of her son's......he wanted to celebrate his 21st B-Day in style/Vegas :)B) .......he was on a ~2(?) week leave from the Army......he's been stationed in Iraq for 7 months, then he came home for two weeks, now he's back over there for another 7 months as of May 22nd.....the Memorial Day flag is still up at my place.....be safe Ricky and Thanks :)

Great work Gunner! And thanks to all the brave men and women who have given so much, sometime all, to preserve our freedom. It is by their sacrifice and the grace of God that we are able to express ourselves freely on forums like this one... in English!

Amen. Here is a picture of my avatar, only bigger, this picture says a lot for me. Semper fi to all the brothers, past, present and future. :) Ken

jw.jpg