Whats up guys,

Name's Zack, ride an '06 KLR, and will be transferring to SD in June. Active Navy so I'll be in the area for 3 years give or take and hope to get in on some good rides/trips when I can. Pretty sure I'll be living around the Murphy Canyon area. Haven't been stationed in SD yet but the family and I are looking forward to it!

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll get lots of memorable rides during your stay here. :party:

Welcome, hit up Trophyhunter, he rides the same bike and is always doing some sort of a ride on his KLR, I am sure that he would let you follow him on one of his rides.

Tommy, Pyro etc ride KLRs

Trophy rides a DR...nevertheless; nobody cares what you ride, as long as you ride

....and smile. Welcome and yeah - plenty of back country miles to be put on the bigger bikes. Great family town with endless things to do so it should be a good duty station.

Welcome to the group. I'm active duty Navy also, been here for 20 years so if you need any information just let me know. See you on the trail!

Welcome to the Group. A bunch of us former military guys and quite a few active duty guys on here.

Welcome...you are going to love it here...in San Diego, and at SDAR....and Thank You for your Service!!! :party:

Well I finally made it!! KLR needs a little love(rear wheel bearing) but lookin to get some riding in the next few days because I'll be gone for a month or so out on the water after the first week of July

Might as well get your FEET WET ......or dusty. If the KLR is in safe rideable condition, we'd like to welcome you with a ride.

I would but I think I need some sort of California sticker to go offload? Also the KLR got tweaked a bit due to the movers being so careful with it SMH

I would but I think I need some sort of California sticker to go offload? Also the KLR got tweaked a bit due to the movers being so careful with it SMH

You only need a CA green sticker if your bike is not currently street legal and registered. If you have a license plate, you can ride on or off road.

Let me know if you need any assitance with your bike, or your household goods.

Thanks for the info. Good to know. I got the household stuff covered and the bike just needs a couple quick fixes. My Internet isn't on yet do half my posts aren't going through on here from my phone. I'll be catching up with you guys soon tho ;)

Thanks for the info. Good to know. I got the household stuff covered and the bike just needs a couple quick fixes. My Internet isn't on yet do half my posts aren't going through on here from my phone. I'll be catching up with you guys soon tho ;)

Looking forward to meeting and riding with you. Whats your rate and where did you get stationed?

Brand new to the CTT rate, just cross rated. Stationed on the Higgins, DDG 76

ERB conversion?

Brand new to the CTT rate, just cross rated. Stationed on the Higgins, DDG 76

Well maybe I'll see you onboard then!! I'm a civilian trainer up at C3F that works with the R brancers. They'll know me as Craig Black.

^^^awesome! Looking forward to meeting up with everyone and getting some rides in. I test rode a bunch of BMWs today which may have been a bad idea lol