tvscum

San Diego Scrambler

Hey guys,

I know I am entering the land of BMWs and KTMs, but I just purchased a 2012 Triumph Scrambler and I am looking forward to hitting the dirt! I upgraded the suspension front and rear. Now, I am slowly working my way back into the backcountry roads of San Diego, after more than 20 years. In the 1980s, I used to ride enduro thumpers (see bike history in my signature) in San Diego and Baja. Now in my late 40s, I commute to work daily on my Scram. I am hoping to ride with some of you dual sporters on the weekends. Nothing too technical because this Scrambler is about a 500 lb bike. The travel on the suspension is also pretty short. Still, it can handle some mellow truck trails. My Scram recently made a cameo appearance in this News 8 video report here in San Diego. See the Boulder Creek Rd. bonus video. See you on the trails!

Adventure trails offer legal, off-road fun in San Diego’s backcountry

http://www.cbs8.com/story/17005120/adventure-trails-offer-legal-off-road-fun-in-san-diegos-backcountry

Hey, hey! Another Triumph rider. :good:

See ya out there.

Welcome to SDAR......I ride a couple weekends a month, and others are always welcome....I try to avoid the black diamond type trails also.....plenty of good dirt to ride out there...

Thanks for the welcomes. See you in the backcountry!

Cheers,

David

Hey guys,

I know I am entering the land of BMWs and KTMs, but I just purchased a 2012 Triumph Scrambler and I am looking forward to hitting the dirt! I upgraded the suspension front and rear. Now, I am slowly working my way back into the backcountry roads of San Diego, after more than 20 years. In the 1980s, I used to ride enduro thumpers (see bike history in my signature) in San Diego and Baja. Now in my late 40s, I commute to work daily on my Scram. I am hoping to ride with some of you dual sporters on the weekends. Nothing too technical because this Scrambler is about a 500 lb bike. The travel on the suspension is also pretty short. Still, it can handle some mellow truck trails. My Scram recently made a cameo appearance in this News 8 video report here in San Diego. See the Boulder Creek Rd. bonus video. See you on the trails!

http://www.cbs8.com/story/17005120/adventure-trails-offer-legal-off-road-fun-in-san-diegos-backcountry

I saw you on the scrambler in the news clip way cool!! Thats a great bike for the back roads you highlighted in the video. You should join us for our next camping ride on May 5th and 6th. You can sign up at www.socaldualsport.com (just a sign up hub). San Diego Adv riders is a great group of riders welcome. Nice to see another Triumph on here!!

Hey guys,

I saw you on the scrambler in the news clip way cool!! Thats a great bike for the back roads you highlighted in the video. You should join us for our next camping ride on May 5th and 6th. You can sign up at www.socaldualsport.com (just a sign up hub). San Diego Adv riders is a great group of riders welcome. Nice to see another Triumph on here!!

Cool, I saw that ride. Thinking about it! I went to high school in Idyllwild.