kkug

Bikepacking Overnighter 3-10 -12

I thought I would squeeze this in . Small or big bikes . Experenced or un experenced but well prepared campers welcome. Weather permiting (no rain -Snow-excess wind ) Possible plan would be - Meet in North County-Ride to Anza and camp either in Coyote Canyon ( Anza Side ) Garner Valley- Thomas Mtn area ( yellow post sites ) or up to Santa Rosa Mtn. -Toro peak.

Price of gas is going up so this one is close to home.

Any takers ?

168.jpg

Yes, taker #1 here. I'm off work that weekend and need get a ride in. Mistress is showing some interest, might be able to talk her into it :coolio:

Last weekend for promo prep at work or I'd be all over this. I've been looking forward to actually camping with you, Kug......as opposed to crashing and not camping.

You the man kug, I have never camped on my bike so you would have to lend a hand and if you do not have time I understand. Please send me a p post.

You the man kug, I have never camped on my bike so you would have to lend a hand and if you do not have time I understand. Please send me a p post. I have an Idea, I have a 3 day weekend, I could pull three bikes in my trailer and fit two more riders in my excursion and share fuel out to yuma and Saturday ride Kofa and explore then camp and ride more on Sunday. I will have my excursion so we would have a cooler full of cold beer.

You the man kug, I have never camped on my bike so you would have to lend a hand and if you do not have time I understand. Please send me a p post.

Warning -Warning -no restaurant-bar-showers-Internet-coffee maker-warm bed-TV.

Yes, taker #1 here. I'm off work that weekend and need get a ride in. Mistress is showing some interest, might be able to talk her into it :coolio:

I hope you can make it. It is close to home and we probably don,t have to leave until early afternoon on Sat.

Looks like the weather will be good. Almost full moon. getting all excited. I think it will be Coyote Canyon

Looks like it will be just me. The Mistress is taking care of critters so that I may go and have fun. Don't recall ever going to Coyote Canyon so looking forward to the run. Confirming it's just the two of us that are comitted?

Looks like it will be just me. The Mistress is taking care of critters so that I may go and have fun. Don't recall ever going to Coyote Canyon so looking forward to the run. Confirming it's just the two of us that are comitted?

At this point yes.

My wife wants me to take here motorcycle camping next weekend but she wants me to take her to a campground with amenities like hot showers and preferably with a hot tub. That means Agua Calente or Buttersfield. We have a 1000 trails membership that's being under used so maybe we could try out the 1000 trails camp ground in Palm Springs. Idyllwild has a 1000 trails but i think i maybe still to cold up there to camp.

My wife wants me to take here motorcycle camping next weekend but she wants me to take her to a campground with amenities like hot showers and preferably with a hot tub. That means Agua Calente or Buttersfield. We have a 1000 trails membership that's being under used so maybe we could try out the 1000 trails camp ground in Palm Springs. Idyllwild has a 1000 trails but i think i maybe still to cold up there to camp.

Don't expect a hot tub at Butterfield...

I might be up for meeting you and camping. I'm taking the 990 out to Havasu on Friday and could be out in the Dez Saturday afternoon. I'll call later this week to confirm.

Chris

KKUG,

I'm in if I can get the panic job at work handled by Friday. I won't know until later in the week. I'm looking forward to "getting away".

John

Whys that?

Cold during Desert Dash, park sold out, no hot tub.

Bummed me out.

Cold during Desert Dash, park sold out, no hot tub.

Bummed me out.

Because "Spafixer" did not show up at the Dash !

KKUG,

I'm in if I can get the panic job at work handled by Friday. I won't know until later in the week. I'm looking forward to "getting away".

John

I hope you can make it !

How are you guys carrying tents, and sleeping bags on the small dualsports. How much offroad riding is expected?

Do the smaller giant loop bags have space for such things?

The hot tub at Butterfield is actually pretty nice, too bad it wasn't hot at the Dash :(

How are you guys carrying tents, and sleeping bags on the small dualsports. How much offroad riding is expected?

Do the smaller giant loop bags have space for such things?

I got all but my tent in my Coyote. I can't make this trip so you're welcome to borrow it.

Does it just strap on, or is it something id want to bolt on. Id love to borrow it if you don't mind, I've been thinking of getting one.

Im in carlsbad, where are you located?