edit- as I was typing this bum posted a ride- Mike; I have a radio set-up and a gift for gab... let me know if you have a plan

so- riding Sunday- Typical BS ride... up early; done early... no head-ons, and some quality time after lunch with the family

Riding this Sunday if all goes well Saturday at work and if the rain isn't too bad...Corral crossroads @ 8

8 am at the day use area of Lark...couple hours of intermediate fun...WR and DRZ

Riding this Sunday if all goes well Saturday at work and if the rain isn't too bad...Corral crossroads @ 8

Hmmm...sounds like a definite maybe on something 250.

I'm easily confused. Looks like Bum's ride was for last week. The first iteration of this ride seems like it happened last week, too.

So. If this, or Bum's, or combo, or whatever is THIS SUNDAY.... JANUARY 22, 2012.....I'm interested. Just need to know exactly what's happening. :king:

I'm assuming that this ride is happening again for this coming Sunday, 22nd.

I'm assuming that this ride is happening again for this coming Sunday, 22nd.

correct

Where is this ride at? New here and don't know what Corral refers too. Is this ride good for a newbie?

Thanks

Define newbie....new to the club? New to dirt? New to motorcycling?

Corral Canyon ohv area- near Pine Valley and campo- I'm starting at the cul de sac of I-8 in Pine Valley-get off the freeway and park- cul de sac requires a National Forest Permit

I'll be there around 715, then heading to the cross roads- if you're driving, stay on 8 to buckman- turn right and follow the signs to corral canyon- crossroads is about 3 or 4 miles up the road, where Kernan Cycle Trail crosses...parking on side of road-need permit here too

First dirt ride? Probably not the ride for you

Define newbie....new to the club? New to dirt? New to motorcycling?

Corral Canyon ohv area- near Pine Valley and campo- I'm starting at the cul de sac of I-8 in Pine Valley-get off the freeway and park- cul de sac requires a National Forest Permit

I'll be there around 715, then heading to the cross roads- if you're driving, stay on 8 to buckman- turn right and follow the signs to corral canyon- crossroads is about 3 or 4 miles up the road, where Kernan Cycle Trail crosses...parking on side of road-need permit here too

First dirt ride? Probably not the ride for you

New to dirt ride, so probably not ride for me for now. Plus it is some distance from me. I will try to catch up with next time. Hopefully next time it will be a little to north. :-)

I'm interested in a new to dirt ride! Hit me up if you would like to meet and ride some time.

seems to be some interest in a newbie ride...maybe a week or two, or else somebody could beat me to the punch

Planning on being ready to ride at 8 at the crossroads. Will update in the AM if that changes.

Bike is loaded --I wiil be at the Cul-de-sac at 7 ish. :good:

Planning on being ready to ride at 8 at the crossroads. Will update in the AM if that changes.

Me too

New to club Yes New to dirt No. Riding my whol

e life in it, Crusty keeps telling me he will show me the ropes at Corral but timing is always off. Where do you get the parking permits?

You can get the passes in the small market right in Pine Valley-they have gas, water, snacks, gloves, etc too- I patronize them every time I'm up there-

They also make sammiches in a Deli inside

Guest Crusty

New to club Yes New to dirt No. Riding my whol

e life in it, Crusty keeps telling me he will show me the ropes at Corral but timing is always off. Where do you get the parking permits?

You might want to check out the waves in the morning.

It was building through the day, and cleaning up.

The word in the neighborhood, it's supposed to be big, Manana, "BRO"

I''m OUT. Have Fun!

You missed a good one- BS, Kug and I- started the morning VERY cold, but the traction was awesome. Picked up Rory on his 300 at the crossroads, and headed out. Did a buncha trails who's names I do not know.

We circled aund and repeated one trail about an hour later- that wonderfully turfy traction? Once the soil thawed, it was several inches of slippery snot WOOOOOO!

We all returned without damage to bike nor person. It was alleged that one of us had a tip-over, but pay no attention.

Of course, with two KTMs, we always had to wait for them to cool down, and limited our mileage to 47 for the few hours.heh.gif

Figured I would. Up at 2 AM..insominia...alarm clock set wrong...up at 4:30...........up at 5:30.....too tired.

Wheels switched and all loaded up last night.....ah well.

I took a few pics- too busy riding, and everybody was right behind me (or in front), so didn't have time to get out the camera-

Paul- if you want to start a ride report with your pics feel free...

Sorry we missed you Ken-

Kug, rory and paul- a pleasure as always

Sorry we missed you grod- I was looking forward to riding with another drz; almost rare these days...like a turd floating in a punchbowl of orange kool-aid :lol:

Good day for a ride, brisk, great traction(most the time) and a fun pace. Only pics are on the way in

016-1.jpg

014-3.jpg

013.jpg

and Mimi coming in on my way out(No pic there either)

Gotta go lube some bearings, got totally blown away in the coast down Los Pinos