Time to start working on our trail.

My first free day is 24 June, Sunday

Unless someone else wants to lead maintenance, lets plan for that day.

I will bring extra forms for those who may have difficulties loading the form.

We will meet at the Kernan Cycle Trail at Mornea Stokes (the Paved road to 4 corners)

John

individual_volunteer_agreement_corral_canyon.rtf

AKA

Time to start working on our trail.

I will bring extra forms for those who may have difficulties loading the form.

We will meet at the Kernan Cycle Trail at Mornea Stokes (the Paved road to 4 corners)

John

individual_volunteer_agreement_corral_canyon.rtf

AKA

Big Bear run is that weekend

Yes, not a good idea doing it on a weekend conflicting with a dualsport ride.

I'm not going to Big Bear so I'll help... Oh wait a minute ;) , I'll still be in Kaua'i on that weekend! :unsure:

How about the first weekend in July? :D

Don't know about the first weekend in July either....July 4th is on a Wednesday, so don't know which weekend people are going to use as their extended weekend for getting away.

I guess the weekend you decide, just see how many responses you get to see if there will be enough people to make it worthwhile.

Don't know how many people will actually go to the Big Bear dualsport ride that weekend, so maybe not many will miss the trail maintenance that weekend.

Chime in people, let John know if and when you can help on trail maintenance.

John, I've been seriously considering the Big Bear dualsport ride on the weekend you proposed.

I'd love to do the Big Bear ride, but chances are I won't make it. I have a better chance of making it for the trail maintenance day. If five people show up, I think it would be good enough. I work on Sunday afternoons, make it early in the morning and I'll be there. Can kids help too? My son would love to help.

Tom

Hey John, post a date and I will work my schedual around it. I'll Be there!

:lol: +1

I'll try to make any scheduled day... I personally would prefer to go out on a weekday, where I would be dodging fewer vehicles.

Ok how about,

carguy Posted Today, 07:20 AM

;) :boredom: :lol:

I would like to do the Big Bear ride, but we do need to maintain the trail we adopted.

If there are enough volunteers we will do it. I have to notify USFS 2 weeks prior to the activity.

Ok how about,

carguy Posted Today, 07:20 AM

;) :boredom: :lol:

I would like to do the Big Bear ride, but we do need to maintain the trail we adopted.

If there are enough volunteers we will do it. I have to notify USFS 2 weeks prior to the activity.

Sunday June 24, 5:30AM till ? It's marked on the calander!

any day you choose i'll be there unless the wife slaps me but i doubt she would. just let me know so i can plan it on my schedule

Since some have other commitments, I will add Saturday June 30 as well.

Two trail maintenance days, Sunday the 24th of June and Saturday the 30th of June.

This will be our trail that we are going to maintain that WE, SDAR, adopted.

I would like to remind all that the reason Corral Canyon is open since the fire is due to the collective effort of our volunteers. We are the only strength to keep this area open. Please showup for a few hours of time to help maintain our trail.

Thanks,

John

More information on the trail maintenance.

Most of the work needed is brush triming for site clearance. If you have loppers or small pruning saws they would help.

If you 4 wheel it there and park, you will need a adventure pass.

Information on the Adventure Pass can be found here;Adventure Pass Info.

Gear needed will be long strudy pants, gloves, boots, eye protection, sunscreen, water and possibally insect replellant. Long sleeve shirts are recommended when trimming brush to avoid scratches. Just good old fashion work clothes.

John, where are you thinking about meeting and what is the plan. Should I plan on hauling the tools I need on my bike or are we hiking in? Are we going from the bottom up or from 4 corners down? Is there any parking at the bottom where the trail starts? Would like to know how you perceive this going so that I may plan better. For instance if I am hauling tools I am very limited to the number of cold cans of ... water I can carry on my bike :) . Anyway, some insite would be appreciated. Ken

With these and the volunteer day on the 23rd, there's so much great potential for slaving! What's a masochist to do?

Zina

John, where are you thinking about meeting and what is the plan. Should I plan on hauling the tools I need on my bike or are we hiking in? Are we going from the bottom up or from 4 corners down? Is there any parking at the bottom where the trail starts? Would like to know how you perceive this going so that I may plan better. For instance if I am hauling tools I am very limited to the number of cold cans of ... water I can carry on my bike :D . Anyway, some insite would be appreciated. Ken

The plan is to MEET & park at the bottom of Kernan where it crosses Morena Stokes(Bottom Up to the top), there is plenty of room for 10-15 vehicles, then walk or ride to the first point that needs trimmed. I plan to ride in and park where needed.

Just look for my Dodge with the hualer.

can we get detailed directions how to get to the meeting place, seeing as last time i went i got lost or better yet couldnt find the group!

can we get detailed directions how to get to the meeting place, seeing as last time i went i got lost or better yet couldnt find the group!

8 east to the Buckman Springs exit... go southish on Buckman Springs a few (7?) miles to the Corral Canyon OHV turnoff... (turn right on this road while the main road veers to the left; if you went over the bridge you went too far)

this is Morena Stokes Valley road, also known colloquially as Corral Canyon Road... starts as dirt, then turns paved... the Kernan Trail crosses this about, maybe 5-6 miles from Buckman Springs... turnout/parking on both sides, and breaks in the fences on both sides... signage is there, but you have to be looking for it

Hope this helps

are we meeting at four corners? or is it before that?

Before

Hey CH, it is before four corners. If you have driven up there before and noticed a straight stretch of road before you wind your way up the hill to four corners where alot of bicyclists park, that is the spot. I guess you haven't had the pleasure of riding Kernan trail before :D

Hey CH, it is before four corners. If you have driven up there before and noticed a straight stretch of road before you wind your way up the hill to four corners where alot of bicyclists park, that is the spot. I guess you haven't had the pleasure of riding Kernan trail before :D

no I havent the only time I've been there was on the 2nd and as yall know i couldn't find the group but i think I know where you'll be. thanks alot!!

ED

Bump. Remember this Sunday, if you are in town, try to be there. Don't forget your "volunteer argeement"

see the first post. Just open the link fill it out online and print it. Put it in your car or backpack so you don't forget it.

The start time is 8:00am, I will be leaving Vista at 6:30am.

If any one needs a ride from North County pm me. If you are driving down and have room for someone else, pm me. There are a lot of new riders from up here, I would like to see a bunch of us go down to show our support. B) Ken